• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
I posted this right before the outage so here it goes again.

Anyone looked into this? I'm in the DC area and I think this is the tallest bridge within a couple hour drive. But I tried driving there two years ago and I didn't see any place to pull over for others' safety (except maybe a small spot at one of the lower points) and also there's no pedestrian access. I think there might be some barriers up too, I can't remember.

Someone in another thread mentioned Taft bridge which would be much more accessible but maybe not tall enough... so I'm not sure what to do. I'd much rather jump into water which is an option there but might not be sufficiently lethal.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I searched up that bridge (chesapeake bridge) and it seems like it would be tall enough to induce death but like you said there no pedestrian access and instead of getting to the edge of the bridge to jump off you might get hit by a car.. You could probably try going there when its less busy (if its ever the case) and try like that.

From the pictures, it doesn't look like the edge is blocked off by barriers but I may be wrong. You could try combining it with drowning even though it would be very agonizing but if its your only choice then you have to do that. But if you have other options then please don't do that and try something else.

About taft bridge, it looks too short to me.. probably wouldn't kill you.

U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
About taft bridge, it looks too short to me.. probably wouldn't kill you.
I forget the exact numbers but I believe someone said it's just barely high enough for a 95% chance to induce death if landing on land.

I hate that there's at least a 1/20 chance of survival though. I get that it's small but given how miserable it'd be to survive I don't prefer it.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
the_widow

the_widow

Sep 9, 2023
I also live in close proximity to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge; I grew up here, on the eastern side of the bridge. There have been a number of successful jumpers over the years. The bridge itself is 186 feet tall. Once on the bridge, there are no designated 'emergency stop' areas. One would have to drive to the highest point of the bridge, park their vehicle in one of the three lanes, and scale the jersey barrier. All before being noticed by the 24/7 police patrol and state employees. To avoid traffic and achieve the desired outcome; doing so late at night, during the week, and in the fall/winter would be my suggestion.

• Informative
Reactions: uniqueusername987
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
i crossed it once in the dead of winter. No one would survive a jump that night.