• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

lolah

Apr 1, 2018
hey so what can anyone tell me about the charcoal method? as far as specifics go, where exactly is it recommended that you do it without getting found? in the woods? a car? a tent? a cabin or van rental? how exactly is it done? what is the exact amount of coal needed and when exactly can you put it in the enclosed space in order for it to be effective? thanks

(i should mention i won't be acting on this as i don't want to break my family's heart but i still need to know for some reason. i need to be able to at least know that there's some kind of an escape even if its not perfect. is that weird?)

Last edited:
NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
You have to be in an airtight room, seal off the ventilation, seal the doors and window, with tape, plastic or thic fabric. A closet or a bathroom without windows are good. A car is also ok, but harder to seal.
I ve read somewhere that one one time grill is sufficent for one person in a small room, but i would take three just to be safe.

You have to let the grill burn first, CO is the gas that comes when the coal are red. If it smokes then you cant stand it and has to go out.

An old car, before 1986 can also do in the same way. Seal the car and put on a long tube from the
exhaust pipe and into the car. Use duct tape to make it sit still and to seal the gap beside it. Then you just go in and turn on the engine and wait. This was a popular methode before the catalysator became standard.

If you use charcoal inside a house, put up a warning sign outside.

Darkdreamer001

Darkdreamer001

Student
Jul 17, 2018
You have to be in an airtight room, seal off the ventilation, seal the doors and window, with tape, plastic or thic fabric. A closet or a bathroom without windows are good. A car is also ok, but harder to seal.
I ve read somewhere that one one time grill is sufficent for one person in a small room, but i would take three just to be safe.

You have to let the grill burn first, CO is the gas that comes when the coal are red. If it smokes then you cant stand it and has to go out.

An old car, before 1986 can also do in the same way. Seal the car and put on a long tube from the
exhaust pipe and into the car. Use duct tape to make it sit still and to seal the gap beside it. Then you just go in and turn on the engine and wait. This was a popular methode before the catalysator became standard.

If you use charcoal inside a house, put up a warning sign outside.
Is the charcoal method quick and painless?