I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
I was doing some research and camd across this method. Seems to be readly avalible around the region I stay. Any comments? Cheers

Cerbera odollam (aka The Suicide Tree)
This species of tree belongs to the same family as Oleander, and is also quite toxic to humans. The seeds of the Suicide Tree contain a toxin called cerberin, a potent compound capable of disrupting calcium ion channels in heart muscle, which can lead to an irregular heart beat that is often fatal if the toxin is ingested in high enough quantities.

The plant has been referred to by some as the perfect murder weapon. Getting someone to ingest the cerberin in the suicide tree is purportedly pretty easy to do, as its flavor can be disguised by spices when served in food. The toxin is also notorious for being overlooked as a cause of death in autopsies.

It may not come as a surprise, therefore, that a team of French forensic toxicologists concluded that Cerbera odollam is used by more people to commit suicide and murder than any other plant, having identified more than 500 cases of fatal Cerbera poisoning between 1989 and 1999 in the south-west Indian state of Kerala alone.

Reactions: AmayB, Lifeisatrap, Escaper Boy and 1 other person
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
After a quick google search, It seems like this plant can be found in my country. Except, the plant is not Cerbera odollam, it's Cerbera manghas which is also poisonous. But, I am not sure about the level of lethality. I need to read more first.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap