• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am completely lost on what I should do. I intend to ctb this year with SN or CO. Even though I've made a lot of failed attempts, this time, I'm pretty sure I'll make it. The thing s I never took the time to work on myself and improve. I never sought professional help. Would it be worth trying?

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
If you have the time and funds for it, why not? Nothing to lose I'd say. If you want to talk outside that, plenty of people here are willing to lend an ear and chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
Yes, it would be worth giving a shot to therapy. If that doesn't help the alternative is still available. You can CTB after therapy, you can't therapy after CTB. Those people are trained and may be able to help you, if you can afford their treatment, and medication they might prescribe. At least try it, like 10 sessions and see whether it is or is not helping you. The effects might not be instant, but over time they might help you to get out of whatever you're going through.

Upvote 0
RainyPrimadonna

RainyPrimadonna

Nice to meet you! ツ
Mar 11, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am completely lost on what I should do. I intend to ctb this year with SN or CO. Even though I've made a lot of failed attempts, this time, I'm pretty sure I'll make it. The thing s I never took the time to work on myself and improve. I never sought professional help. Would it be worth trying?
Hi Mimi,
I believe going to therapy is worth the shot. I think attempting to recover is worth it, and if nothing works out. If it doesn't help you then you'll always be able to CTB still. I think generally if there is an option to try to recover, you should always try and take it, because after you CTB there's no going back since it's permanent.

Reactions: protecttransyouth
Upvote 0
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Sure, why not. Mind as well exhaust all help before CTB. If therapy doesn't work out, you can always CTB but you'll never be able to have therapy after CTB. In the end, it's your choice. I wish you luck.

Upvote 0
yoiyun

yoiyun

devoured nightmares for a peaceful sleep
Mar 18, 2023
Hello everyone,
definitely worth a shot. it's always good to explore all options before settling on something permanent, if those options can be explored. some pains are too great to handle, and some pains are too great to handle on your own. i've tried the therapy route, you might not find a therapist you like immediately, but i wish you the best with that :) anyone who tells you you should just ctb and never consider other options doesn't have your best interests in mind. if you need anyone to talk to, i'm here, genuinely. i'm not gonna try to talk you out of anything but i know i always wished i had someone who'd listen to me whom i didn't know personally so :)

Upvote 0
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Definitely worth trying. Actually try though. What they can do depends on what you tell them since when you walk in there they don't know almost anything about you yet. Maybe make notes for yourself in case you're nervous or forgetful sometimes

Reactions: yoiyun
Upvote 0
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
You should take your time and atleast try it to use another way that maybe leads into some way of recovery, but to be honest - the is a chance that it also can make it worse.

If you seek professional help and tell them that you're suicidal, they might try to "protect" you and maybe put you behind bars in a mental hospital and these are not very nice places as you probably can imagine. After that you have a real hard time to go out of this world.

Do you have goals, or someone to live for ? I usually say, if you're not 100% sure, you're not ready. Everyday I get reminded that this life is a cycle of pain and I could vomit blood until I pass out because of how much it stresses me.

❤️

Upvote 0
norwegianbuttercris

norwegianbuttercris

Butter
Apr 9, 2023
I've tried both and in my experience I benefitted better from therapy. The CBT I experienced was self-lead so it was hard to commit to it when I was going through a rough patch, and I ended up lying when asked some questions cause i was too embarrassed to admit i didn't do anything to improve.
Of course it completely depends on you and how you cope e.g but good luck with what ever you choose :)

Upvote 0
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
It can be challenging, but it can help you a lot if you get the right kind of therapy.

Reactions: Valky
Upvote 0