• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
What's the origin of the term "catch the bus?" When was it first used on a suicide forum & was the person referencing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Severen, wiIIow, suffering and 8 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I think it originated on A.SH

Reactions: gingerplum, lv-gras, Deafsn0w and 3 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Until googling it just now, I always thought the term was far older than the internet even is. "Kick the bucket"...…."catch the bus"...…"take the pipe"...… I thought it was a really old term, because I always knew what it meant. But apparently it would appear as though it originated on ASH. But I've never even used ASH lol so idk if I heard it somewhere else online back in the day, or what.

Reactions: Pineapplecrown, Morpheus, Final Escape and 6 others
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
I've always wondered if it was like catching the cat-bus in My neighbour Totoro. I highly doubt it, but I certainly hope it's that exhilarating and peaceful.

Reactions: sunny cat, Pineapplecrown, Severen and 11 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah, it was ASH. Also never used but it's a cesspool now, highly suggest not even going there.

Reactions: Morpheus, gingerplum, Даун and 4 others
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
Yeah, it was ASH. Also never used but it's a cesspool now, highly suggest not even going there.
I agree 100%. I took a quick look a few days ago looking for an old forum that was taken down, and cesspool describes it well.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I've always wondered if it was like catching the cat-bus in My neighbour Totoro. I highly doubt it, but I certainly hope it's that exhilarating and peaceful.
That's not what it means at all but hilariously cute that you got it wrong in such a way, sorry!

Reactions: lv-gras, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
That's not what it means at all but hilariously cute that you got it wrong in such a way, sorry!
Haha I phrased it wrong. I never really thought that's where it came from, but kind of thought it would be nice and poetic.

Reactions: gingerplum, lv-gras, Deafsn0w and 5 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Cat bus.

Reactions: Severen, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
sadsoul

sadsoul

Alive and unwell
Sep 9, 2018
I thought ASH doesn't exist anymore?

Reactions: gingerplum, lv-gras, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
so what is/was ASH?

Reactions: suffering, gingerplum, lv-gras and 3 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Makes me picture a vehicle like the dog van from Dumb and Dumber except a bright orange cat. Wouldn't mind being run over by something like that.

Reactions: Final Escape, gingerplum, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Until googling it just now, I always thought the term was far older than the internet even is. "Kick the bucket"...…."catch the bus"...…"take the pipe"...… I thought it was a really old term, because I always knew what it meant. But apparently it would appear as though it originated on ASH. But I've never even used ASH lol so idk if I heard it somewhere else online back in the day, or what.
Me too. I assumed it was a reference to something in literature or a movie or something.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I wish catching the bus was as easy as catching the bus.

Reactions: wiIIow, Jupiter, Final Escape and 8 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I wish catching the bus was as easy as catching the bus.

So do I. And the only reason it isn't is because society denies us this fundamental right. N is cheap enough to manufacture - they could create a combo pill that killed you painlessly, but no, we're forced to illegally buy veterinary supplies and drink it.

Reactions: Jupiter, MsM3talGamer, lv-gras and 5 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018

actually could kind of be like the cat bus

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
pushka

pushka

Mar 23, 2018
yep it's full of trolls and scammers now, sadly SMH has been removed too now

Reactions: Lra888, gingerplum, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Until a few days ago, I thought ctb was "cease to breathe," or "cease to be". "Catch the bus" was a phrase I was familiar with but never really used. Someone else suggested "close the book," which I think is even better.

I wonder why we say ctb? Is it a euphemism? It's obviously no easier to type than "die". I'm curious, if anyone knows.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad and 2 others
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I was using ASH from the early to mid 2000s and although I could have a guess,I cannot be sure how the term arose. But I will ask the few ASHers available whether they know.
There was also a newsgroup at one time called #Alt.suicide.bus.stop and also a couple of chatrooms with the same name.

This link gives a little bit of ASH history although it was itself written in 2010 by which time,ASH was on the descent to where it is now.
http://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/185602

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 2 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I was using ASH from the early to mid 2000s and although I could have a guess,I cannot be sure how the term arose. But I will ask the few ASHers available whether they know.
There was also a newsgroup at one time called #Alt.suicide.bus.stop and also a couple of chatrooms with the same name.

This link gives a little bit of ASH history although it was itself written in 2010 by which time,ASH was on the descent to where it is now.
http://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/185602
Great information, thank you!!

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Great information, thank you!!

OH! have it. I checked and I was right.
Hilarious ASH history!

First there was "Bobroshi" arguing we were all witches for a crazy page called £liberty to the captives"
here's the original argument with them: https://alt.usenet.kooks.narkive.co...rid-themselves-of-boboroshi-nagasiva-yronwode

Then there's argument with their representative "Lisa Ruby". We all said our bit to her so you;ll have to follow the links to find that info: http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/ash_busstop_tohell_intro.html

Notice the "bus stop to hell" reference. That's because somewhere in there,we were all supposed to be getting the bus to hell according to them.

The mad part is they are still harping on about it to this day. Along with a whole crazy list of people they accuse of being witches too. Some are not great people,some are just unlucky but that lot running and updating that page are completely bonkers!!!!! https://libertytothecaptives.net/

It's surely only a matter of time before this site pops up on that list. :ohh:

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
OH! have it. I checked and I was right.
Hilarious ASH history!

First there was "Bobroshi" arguing we were all witches for a crazy page called £liberty to the captives"
here's the original argument with them: https://alt.usenet.kooks.narkive.co...rid-themselves-of-boboroshi-nagasiva-yronwode

Then there's argument with their representative "Lisa Ruby". We all said our bit to her so you;ll have to follow the links to find that info: http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/ash_busstop_tohell_intro.html

Notice the "bus stop to hell" reference. That's because somewhere in there,we were all supposed to be getting the bus to hell according to them.

The mad part is they are still harping on about it to this day. Along with a whole crazy list of people they accuse of being witches too. Some are not great people,some are just unlucky but that lot running and updating that page are completely bonkers!!!!! https://libertytothecaptives.net/

It's surely only a matter of time before this site pops up on that list. :ohh:

I read just a bit of that... I know mental illness when I see it ;)

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I read just a bit of that... I know mental illness when I see it ;)
Absolutely. I can't believe they're still doing it. Have you seen how much effort they put into it?

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Absolutely. I can't believe they're still doing it. Have you seen how much effort they put into it?

I only read a few lines, then I noped the fuck out. That's some next level crazy there.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and kkatt
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I only read a few lines, then I noped the fuck out. That's some next level crazy there.

You see what I mean when I say we'll be next on that list?

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
You see what I mean when I say we'll be next on that list?

That's fine, as long as it stays off this forum. Let them have all the crazy they want, as long as they keep it over there in loonytown.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and mattwitt