• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Drago369

Mar 13, 2024
I plan on ctb by burning some lumped charcoal in an enclosed car. What are some precautions I need to take so I won't be burnt alive? How successful is this method? ( don't wanna have brain damage)

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There is the CO Megathread with lots of info:

Here's a guide:

tronix

tronix

Mar 23, 2024
What I don't understand is why people are so afraid of brain damage? Considering the fact it might take away all consciousness of the existance... Is this something bad after all?

From what I see here, this method is quite popular.

Reactions: Gonnerr
S

ScoreCard

Feb 23, 2024
What I don't understand is why people are so afraid of brain damage? Considering the fact it might take away all consciousness of the existance... Is this something bad after all?

From what I see here, this method is quite popular.
Not every brain damages are the same. Maybe you end up with a kind that you have full consciousness but you can barely control your body and have bladder and bowel leakage! What a nightmare :aw:

Reactions: juna and ohmydays
tronix

tronix

Mar 23, 2024
Not every brain damages are the same. Maybe you end up with a kind that you have full consciousness but you can barely control your body and have bladder and bowel leakage! What a nightmare :aw:
If so, then yes, worst case scenario. Sorry, I haven't thought about that.

Reactions: juna
thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
I also want to do the same by my birthday. I've read the mega thread and there is still a couple fine details regarding having charcoal grills in car that I wanted to know.
For example, can I put them in the trunk or do they need to be inside the main cabin of my car with me (like in the backseats)? I have seen some people mention their trunk, but not sure if my trunk is that permeable to the inside of my car where I will be.
Also, should/can I wrap the area around the grills in tin foil or another fire-resistant material? I know I'll need bricks (and maybe a paving slab), and possibly some water underneath to trap some heat. Since it will be in the car, there are materials that can be flammable. It's not a super old car, but it's from 2009 so not sure how modern it would be considered.
I know a bucket is mentioned and I considered also getting that, but I did get two portable charcoal grills with decent reviews that weren't too different in price from getting two steels buckets.
I also am deciding how to tape up my car to insulate it better since it definitely has some open spots where I feel the wind breeze when I drive around. I want to do it in a way that's not going to grab anyone's attention immediately since it will be hard to find a spot where no one will go by eventually or within 8 hours. Thought about a campsite but it would only be easy to hide what I'm doing if no one is really there.

Thank you for making this thread! I didn't feel like posting my questions to the megathread on my first day as a member of this site 😅 Pardon my ramblings.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I also want to do the same by my birthday. I've read the mega thread and there is still a couple fine details regarding having charcoal grills in car that I wanted to know.
For example, can I put them in the trunk or do they need to be inside the main cabin of my car with me (like in the backseats)? I have seen some people mention their trunk, but not sure if my trunk is that permeable to the inside of my car where I will be.
Also, should/can I wrap the area around the grills in tin foil or another fire-resistant material? I know I'll need bricks (and maybe a paving slab), and possibly some water underneath to trap some heat. Since it will be in the car, there are materials that can be flammable. It's not a super old car, but it's from 2009 so not sure how modern it would be considered.
I know a bucket is mentioned and I considered also getting that, but I did get two portable charcoal grills with decent reviews that weren't too different in price from getting two steels buckets.
I also am deciding how to tape up my car to insulate it better since it definitely has some open spots where I feel the wind breeze when I drive around. I want to do it in a way that's not going to grab anyone's attention immediately since it will be hard to find a spot where no one will go by eventually or within 8 hours. Thought about a campsite but it would only be easy to hide what I'm doing if no one is really there.

Thank you for making this thread! I didn't feel like posting my questions to the megathread on my first day as a member of this site 😅 Pardon my ramblings.
Put the charcoals into the cabin of the car, not the trunk. Wrapping the grills with tin foil will do nothing. Yeah, put them on some bricks. Buckets are better bc they're smaller. Place the buckets on top of some metal pans and everything on top of some bricks. You can use some of that spray foam insulation to seal up any leaks. You need to start the charcoals outside the car and wait on them to stop smoking and to become red/white hot before placing them into the car. Then you need to wait for the CO to build-up in the car before getting in.

Did you calculate how much charcoal you will need for the interior volume of your car?

J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
If I had a car and a garage, I would try this.

thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
Put the charcoals into the cabin of the car, not the trunk. Wrapping the grills with tin foil will do nothing. Yeah, put them on some bricks. Buckets are better bc they're smaller. Place the buckets on top of some metal pans and everything on top of some bricks. You can use some of that spray foam insulation to seal up any leaks. You need to start the charcoals outside the car and wait on them to stop smoking and to become red/white hot before placing them into the car. Then you need to wait for the CO to build-up in the car before getting in.

Did you calculate how much charcoal you will need for the interior volume of your car?
Thank you for the detailed response! Very helpful. I will have to get some spray foam insulation.
I should have clarified about the foil—I wouldn't wrap the grills, but maybe the seats and other fabric areas around it? My car doesn't have leather seats and instead has a soft-ish fabric all around and so I wasn't sure if I needed to do any protecting of the seats.

I read to use quality lump charcoal instead of briquettes, though it seemed that user Zanexx was successful with briquettes. Since the inside of my car is smaller than a bathroom and possibly the same size or slightly bigger than the inside of a tent, I figured I would be safe with at least 3-5 lbs of charcoal since I read at least 2-4kg in the thread for a small room. I am getting a 20lb bag to test, though I cannot buy a CO meter and have to try to be as perfect with plan as possible.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thank you for the detailed response! Very helpful. I will have to get some spray foam insulation.
I should have clarified about the foil—I wouldn't wrap the grills, but maybe the seats and other fabric areas around it? My car doesn't have leather seats and instead has a soft-ish fabric all around and so I wasn't sure if I needed to do any protecting of the seats.

I read to use quality lump charcoal instead of briquettes, though it seemed that user Zanexx was successful with briquettes. Since the inside of my car is smaller than a bathroom and possibly the same size or slightly bigger than the inside of a tent, I figured I would be safe with at least 3-5 lbs of charcoal since I read at least 2-4kg in the thread for a small room. I am getting a 20lb bag to test, though I cannot buy a CO meter and have to try to be as perfect with plan as possible.
You can also get a larger bucket and then place the smaller bucket with the charcoals into it. That way there would be an "air gap" between the inside of the larger bucket and the outside of the smaller bucket. Air is a poor conductor of heat, so there would be minimal heat transfer to the outer bucket. I've always heard that lump is better. That's what I bought. But, I'm not convinced that any charcoal won't get the job done. Since you aren't going to have any way of actually measuring the CO level, I'd say that charcoal is one of those methods where more is better. Ideally, you want to get the level of CO in the car to at least 10000 PPM. At that level or more, upon entering the car and taking a few breaths, that level should render you unconscious. You want to go unconscious quickly so you aren't aware of what starts happening to you next, and so you don't experience any of the symptoms from it. Now, without a meter you won't know if you've been able to get the level up that high. That's why I said more is better. I wouldn't hesitate to put buckets of charcoal in the back floor areas, as well as on the floor of the passenger side. You won't be able to seal the car perfectly, so you're going to experience some loss, also.

Measure the width, length, and height of the interior of the car. Multiply each measurement by the others. Convert the volume number you calculate to m³ (easily done online). Take that number and multiply it by 0.135 kg. Convert this number to lbs, which is how much charcoal to use for the volume of your car. I'd TRIPLE whatever it tells me to use.

Please consider this: CO is a little bit lighter than air. It is enough so that you will have the least CO concentration close to the floor, where you probably plan to sleep.

You will minimum 0.135kg charcoal / m³ (@locked*n*loaded referred to this formula). I would double the amount and depending on the room size I'd use 2 BBQs.

If you can afford a CO meter ( 10000 ppm ) that would be useful to check the concentration of CO and you might want minimum 8k ppm better 10k ppm for a fast pass out (within minutes).

thelazyegg

thelazyegg

Mar 25, 2024
You can also get a larger bucket and then place the smaller bucket with the charcoals into it. That way there would be an "air gap" between the inside of the larger bucket and the outside of the smaller bucket. Air is a poor conductor of heat, so there would be minimal heat transfer to the outer bucket. I've always heard that lump is better. That's what I bought. But, I'm not convinced that any charcoal won't get the job done. Since you aren't going to have any way of actually measuring the CO level, I'd say that charcoal is one of those methods where more is better. Ideally, you want to get the level of CO in the car to at least 10000 PPM. At that level or more, upon entering the car and taking a few breaths, that level should render you unconscious. You want to go unconscious quickly so you aren't aware of what starts happening to you next, and so you don't experience any of the symptoms from it. Now, without a meter you won't know if you've been able to get the level up that high. That's why I said more is better. I wouldn't hesitate to put buckets of charcoal in the back floor areas, as well as on the floor of the passenger side. You won't be able to seal the car perfectly, so you're going to experience some loss, also.

Measure the width, length, and height of the interior of the car. Multiply each measurement by the others. Convert the volume number you calculate to m³ (easily done online). Take that number and multiply it by 0.135 kg. Convert this number to lbs, which is how much charcoal to use for the volume of your car. I'd TRIPLE whatever it tells me to use.
Thank you for this information! I will definitely be getting some buckets now. I'm guessing any steel buckets from a hardware store will do fine.

I'll find my tape measure to measure the inside of the car and then add those measurements to the calculation.

This is extremely helpful! Thank you. I have wanted to end my life for a long time, and even have a nitrogen tank I can't use because I accidentally ordered too low of an amount (and it was expensive!). This seems like the best method of them all, if executed well.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori