persef

persef

Jun 16, 2024
I have been reading about CO. And there are so many variations on this. That drives me crazy. I saw about the suicide of a guy, who at 2:30 pm, took this photo, 2 barbecues in the bathroom with a high heat, he went in and out of the bathroom several times to ask for help on the forum, as he couldn't stand the heat. At 2:50 pm he definitively entered the sealed bathroom and at 3:30 pm he was found dead. They tried to revive him, but were unable to do so. That was a quick moment of death. See your grills in the photo. He didn't wait for the fire to go out. Based on the time chronology, I believe he must have died within 30 minutes. I believe that if you seal the place, with the coal burning over high heat, the death time is faster. Is my thinking correct? What do you guys think about this? 1000060256

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, DeIetedUser4739 and thebelljarrr
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There are many posts on the charcoal method, I would search by this, but normally the coals don't have flames, he was lucky this worked.

Reactions: persef
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Why do u burn the coal inside your br? You should do that outside and once it stopped burning and the smoke disappears and the coal is glowing it's time to get it inside. Summer is the worst time for this method it's gonna be hot.

It's not about the emissions the fire produces they are unpleasant - CO is colorless and odorless!

Reactions: persef, locked*n*loaded, Someone123 and 1 other person
persef

persef

Jun 16, 2024
Does anyone have a photo or video of what the charcoal should look like when it's "ready"?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Does anyone have a photo or video of what the charcoal should look like when it's "ready"?

Maybe there's more in the Megathread. I hope that helps for now.

Reactions: persef
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
No photo - sorry - but the coals should be glowing red, no flame, extremely little to no smoke. There will be a lot of heat given off. Coals should be placed in the enclosure a good 20 minutes before entering. Don't just guess at amount of charcoal needed. Do research and calculate it out.

Reactions: persef and Praestat_Mori