• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I owned a 7yr old Acura. It needed $2500 of work, so I decided to get rid of it. Because the people at Acura are assholes, I went to my friend, who is the general manager at Infiniti. He gave me 50% more on my trade and sold me a 2018 Infiniti below his cost. Amazing deal and I jumped on it.

But after driving it for a few days, the seat was killing my hip. I let him know and he offered to take it back. I declined having my old Acura returned because he raved about a 2018 he just bought at action for a super low price with upgraded seats. He lent me a new one for the day to try out. Seats were great and he offered me the 2018 at his cost.

The 2018 arrived today: a small dent, dirty interior, and engine rattle. The car was supposed to be certified with a 6yr warranty... but if it is rattling already, no way would i buy it. It was also supposed to be detailed, but it was only exterior washed.

I'm so fucking unlucky. Even what was going to be the greatest car deal of my life ends up getting screwed!!! I have a 45 minute commute and need an exceptionally comfortable car until I retire. This was going to be it. But now, I'm stuck: great deal with painful seats, great deal with unreliable engine (though 6yr warranty), or car limbo. I can't deal with any more problems in my life.

I'm so pissed with myself.

Reactions: Final Escape, Circles and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I would get it inspected by a reputable third party before you put any more miles on it, then head back to the dealership with the damage. I can't imagine an independent mechanic would find nothing wrong with it if the engine is rumbly.

Still, if the powertrain is covered under warranty then I suppose they're forced to cover the cost even if it conks out next week. I guess that's a little beside the point though if you think you're getting a new, smooth-running car. Good luck.

Reactions: Circles
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I bought the car. Engine noise was gone. It seemed it was just acoustics - car was parked beside wall and when we moved it, the noise was gone. The mechanic also talked it through. They also replaced the armrest/ compartment lid between the front seats at it had a gouge on it, plus they put on brand new tires ($2000 Dunlop runflats -- shit tires despite the price). The detailer had to come back to clean it, but it is now much better.

My wife loves it. She thought the first one had much cheaper materials. This one is their fully-loaded top-of-the line... perforated leather, power bolsers, memory seats, adaptive cruise control, blindspot, lane assist, proximity sonar, 360 degree cameras for parking assist, remote start, android apps can be added to dashboard, etc.. Plus aftermarket tinted windows.

They, however, forgot to give me the certified paperwork. When I got home, I called the general manager, who said to pick it up tomorrow... but I'm worried they outright forgot to certify it (which extends factory warranty by 2yrs). I paid for it, but even without, 34 months left on factory warranty. If that gets taken care of, maybe this will besomething good for a change!

With everything else in my life being so fucked up, maybe this car will give me a bit of solace. It is THE car I've wanted for about 15yrs.

Reactions: NumbItAll