M

moron

Nov 14, 2023
I have only just begun the very first stages of personal research into the nitrogen method.

One of the main obstacles I can see is that it seems quite costly to purchase the equipment.

But I am wondering if it is possible to rent the SCUBA gear, regulator, etc. It seems to me that in the USA one could procure the gas, acquire the parts necessary to modify SCUBA gear, and then just rent SCUBA gear for a day or a week or whatever needed.

Does that seem like it could be a way to make the process more affordable to those who do not have the funds necessary to buy it all?

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Yes, my partner dives and yes you can.

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
I have only just begun the very first stages of personal research into the nitrogen method.

One of the main obstacles I can see is that it seems quite costly to purchase the equipment.

But I am wondering if it is possible to rent the SCUBA gear, regulator, etc. It seems to me that in the USA one could procure the gas, acquire the parts necessary to modify SCUBA gear, and then just rent SCUBA gear for a day or a week or whatever needed.

Does that seem like it could be a way to make the process more affordable to those who do not have the funds necessary to buy it all?

You'd be better off buying used SCUBA gear if you're trying to lower costs. Pretty sure the only places you could rent the equipment are actual diving establishments and you wouldn't be able to take the equipment off the premises. There are many used masks and regulators on Ebay.

If you go this route, the gas itself will by far be the most expensive component. And if you're in the USA, the adapters are kind of pricey too, unless you can find them domestically. I ordered mine from overseas. The adapters themselves weren't very expensive, but all the foreign taxes and the middleman I had to get to ship the adapters to me, added to the costs.

H

HuskSince2013

Apr 6, 2023
No, you can def take stuff off the premises, however you need the right kind of certification via PADI, SSI etc. to be allowed to rent. Which means taking a class that is somewhat expensive. Bribery and/or forged credentials may be a workaround in some places. Prob the used purchase route would be cheaper unless you are interested in presenting your death as a tragedy rather than a suicide.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
you are funny. rent? in case it doesn't succeed?