Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
You're assuming pro-life as an insult lol :ahhha:
it's when they said "Start taking cold showers and jog and what not." assuming Wornoutlife's problems weren't legit://

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Squiddy
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
it's when they said "Start taking cold showers and jog and what not." assuming Wornoutlife's problems weren't legit://
On the other hand, those are valid pro-life suggestions. *Shrug*. It does still have a hint of insult though

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Have you tried different kinds of medication already?

For some people (like my ex) no intervention helped or made him feel any better but when he started his anti-depressants he was a completely different person and could still go about his life since he wasn't stuck in a psych ward.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 22624
H

HermitApprentice

Sep 13, 2018
Psychwards didn't help me long term certainly, i have been in 3 different ones. Never very long because they don't know what to do with a autistic 22 year old with suicidal ideation at all (2 or 3 weeks in one others were shorter.) The best thing to do if you are suicidal but can't end up even close to dead is to not be sectioned, somehow you can get stuck on a fence trying to jump off a building and if you agree to voluntary admission you don't get sectioned aka they can't force you to take medication or sedate you. Be aware you might get sectioned anyway because well humans.

Anyway i am still alive, my parents are happy but i am going down hill again (or currently fighting the hill idk?) so yeah short term it can give you a break from the outside world or yourself. Ending it is really hard but my brain still wants it but the break did let me focus on killing most of the obsessive suicidal thoughts that were intrusive as fuck.

Last edited:
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
The one thing that I will say (in the interest of complete and total honesty) is that after my hospitalization, during which I was very open about the chronicity and severity of my ideation and the extent of my preparatory behavior (as I would have certainly have ended up dead if released from the ER instead of transferred to the bin), is that medical personnel are now far quicker to threaten me with sectioning than they were before.

I was told that I would be sectioned if I did not spend the holidays with family due to concerns about COVID. When asked about intent, everyone makes me look them in the eyes and repeat what I've said when I deny that I am actively planning to kill myself.

The truth is, while I was in the hospital, I used my phone to renew and update the license that I used to procure my method for the express purpose of reordering it. (I had to hand the stuff over as a condition of my release.) Documentation arrived last week, and method is already on its way. That said, crisis intervention didn't work for me, but it might work for you. I think it's worth pursuing. Death is final; you owe it to yourself to investigate the alternatives first. Especially if you have any questions whatsoever regarding whether or not this is truly what you want. Treatment IS effective for many of those struggling with mental health conditions. You might well be one of them. It would be a shame to opt out without giving it a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: signifying nothing
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
The "craziest" people in the psych ward are the staff. A old therapist of mine who worked on one for 20 years said that. That was her observation of her co-workers and the enviro. So stay clear. If they find you interesting to study they can keep you longer.

Reactions: watchingthewheels
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hey, dear people!
Thanks a lot for visiting this thread which I posted some time ago.

I'm actually feeling much better! I think there's no way I'll end up in a psych ward.

Worst-case-scenario, I'll ctb!

Again, thanks for your comments and opinions. I highly appreciate them!

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I feel you. Here is the same. I was in Psych wards and it was not helpful at all. Actually I try to get a place for rehab. That's the more helpful system. But the problem is, you have to wait month. That's to long for me. Maybe you try to get a ticket for rehab, maybe you are more lucky then me :-)