• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I don't even remember how it came up, but he made it very clear that he didn't understand what the legislation even was. This is the second time that I've spoken to someone who thought that the Canadian government would be rounding up disabled people and executing them. I talked to a previous coworker (who thankfully got fired earlier this year) about it, and he started talking about how the government would decide that someone has no value. Granted, that ex coworker would struggle to pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

It's providing an option to people who want to die. It's not fucking genocide; it's healthcare. Any adult should be allowed a physician-assisted death if they decide that that's what they want.

C

cowie

Student
Oct 25, 2022
People don't want to believe that some people may genuinely make the choice to CTB. So it has to be about coercion and genocide in their mind. I think there's two things going on here.

1. People have trouble putting themselves in other people's shoes. So they can't imagine how a situation they haven't experienced could be affecting someone.
2. People don't want to think about CTB because it reminds them it's an option and they don't want to have to confront that.

Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

π—•π—²π˜€π˜ π˜„π—Άπ˜€π—΅π—²π˜€, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—Ÿπ——
Mar 15, 2023
People don't want to believe that some people may genuinely make the choice to CTB. So it has to be about coercion and genocide in their mind. I think there's two things going on here.

1. People have trouble putting themselves in other people's shoes. So they can't imagine how a situation they haven't experienced could be affecting someone.
2. People don't want to think about CTB because it reminds them it's an option and they don't want to have to confront that.
That's one thing that I actually admire about this country, among other things of course. But if you are unable to live properly due to a disability then you have the option to be peacefully laid to rest.
Lol that sounds like something Russia would do.
If it was russia, then it would be gay people, they got a big no-no policy on that

Last edited:
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Rounding up disabled people and executing them?? Lol that sounds like something Russia would do.
I'm in Canada and there's no way that would ever happen here
When I told my father that that wasn't what was happening and that I agree with the Canadian legislation (even saying that the US should do it too), he accused me of trusting the US government. As an American, I was offended. The big thing about Americans is that we love our country and hate our government.

Reactions: RedKingdom
Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

Mar 15, 2023
The big thing about Americans is that we love our country and hate our government.
A lot of canadians are the same lol, I can't count the amount of "Fuck Trudeau" signs i see during my walk to work. free speech isnt impeded though so thats good news.

Reactions: borderline-feline
teyabutter

teyabutter

Just me
Feb 13, 2023
I don't even remember how it came up, but he made it very clear that he didn't understand what the legislation even was. This is the second time that I've spoken to someone who thought that the Canadian government would be rounding up disabled people and executing them. I talked to a previous coworker (who thankfully got fired earlier this year) about it, and he started talking about how the government would decide that someone has no value. Granted, that ex coworker would struggle to pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

It's providing an option to people who want to die. It's not fucking genocide; it's healthcare. Any adult should be allowed a physician-assisted death if they decide that that's what they want.
I genuinely think it's so insane that some people actually argue against physician assisted suicide?? Like shut up. Everyone's life is different, everyone sees and interacts with things differently. Is giving someone a safe option that they can rely on really that bad in some people's eyes????

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
A lot of canadians are the same lol, I can't count the amount of "Fuck Trudeau" signs i see during my walk to work. free speech isnt impeded though so thats good news.
A previous favorite person of mine was from Ontario, and he was prone to shittalking Trudeau, sometimes calling him "Captain Blackface". I think that a distrust of authority figures is generally healthy.

Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

Mar 15, 2023
I think that a distrust of authority figures is generally healthy.
I would word is as being skeptical. He's Prime Minister for a reason. He at least knows a little of what he's doing.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I genuinely think it's so insane that some people actually argue against physician assisted suicide?? Like shut up. Everyone's life is different, everyone sees and interacts with things differently. Is giving someone a safe option that they can rely on really that bad in some people's eyes????
I've always been in favor of physician-assisted death because my mother died of cancer when I was a kid. Seeing her slowly waste away really fucked me up. I could tell that she was in a lot of pain, and I don't think that someone should be forced to stay in a state of pain. I also extend that kind of thinking to emotional pain, because I value bodily autonomy above all else.

imcadt99

imcadt99

Feb 23, 2023
I've had similarly exhausting conversations with my dad. He endlessly eats up the drivel that comes out of Fox. If you claim to believe in self-determination, surely the pinnacle of such a view would be the decision of what to do with your life even if it means ending it?

I swear people would rather have their loved ones locked up in a psych ward for the rest of their lives just so they don't have to deal with the pain of loss. Like an owner torturing their terminally ill dog with a continued existence instead of granting it the mercy of death. What an evil world we inhabit.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I've had similarly exhausting conversations with my dad. He endlessly eats up the drivel that comes out of Fox. If you claim to believe in self-determination, surely the pinnacle of such a view would be the decision of what to do with your life even if it means ending it?

I swear people would rather have their loved ones locked up in a psych ward for the rest of their lives just so they don't have to deal with the pain of loss. Like an owner torturing their terminally ill dog with a continued existence instead of granting it the mercy of death. What an evil world we inhabit.
The ironic thing is that these kinds of sentiments tend to come from people who claim that they want the government to have minimal interference in people's lives, but when people want to do something that displeases them, they throw that out the window with the baby and the bathwater.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I've always been in favor of physician-assisted death because my mother died of cancer when I was a kid. Seeing her slowly waste away really fucked me up. I could tell that she was in a lot of pain, and I don't think that someone should be forced to stay in a state of pain. I also extend that kind of thinking to emotional pain, because I value bodily autonomy above all else.
My mom died of cancer too. She wanted to pass away at home but was lucky to get end of life care to hopefully make her life a bit more comfortable. When my dad got cancer and chose to pass away at home, the nurses couldn't get to him in time and he was literally wasting away (don't feel too bad about my dad, he was an asshole).

I like to think it's more of a matter that people don't understand euthanasia properly. Sure deep down I think if governments could get away with just making old people and disabled people disappear so they wouldn't have to worry about paying for their cost of living, they would. But they also know they would face massive backlash from doing anything like that, so governments are always gonna leave it to the individual's choice whether they want euthanasia or not, so at least then the governments can wash their hands of all blame.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It does disgust me how so many people are against the right to die in a world that is as hellish as this, I guess that some people just don't want to accept the fact that suicide is a perfectly logical option. Assisted suicide should be legal everywhere and it's unacceptable how it isn't, I envy people who will be able to get assisted suicide in Canada.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Hearing about canadian legislation I got panicked...
Like, it's officially shown that people are such a bother, that the government will help them die, to not pay for their health-needs (or something to that effect).
I'm such a bother I'd be better in the grave?

My thoughts changed alot since I calmed down. It's understandable... Death or a life not worth living. It'll be my choice.

Still a bit sketchy having a government org about letting "useless" people ctb. I mean... If they want to prove it isn't about eugenics then let healthy and profitable 20 & 30 year olds get assisted ctb. fyi not happening anytime soon.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Hearing about canadian legislation I got panicked...
Like, it's officially shown that people are such a bother, that the government will help them die, to not pay for their health-needs (or something to that effect).
I'm such a bother I'd be better in the grave?

My thoughts changed alot since I calmed down. It's understandable... Death or a life not worth living. It'll be my choice.

Still a bit sketchy having a government org about letting "useless" people ctb. I mean... If they want to prove it isn't about eugenics then let healthy and profitable 20 & 30 year olds get assisted ctb. fyi not happening anytime soon.
The point of the Canadian legislation is to allow people to access physician-assisted death for mental health reasons as opposed to only allowing it for people who are terminally ill. None of this has anything to do with eugenics.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
The point of the Canadian legislation is to allow people to access physician-assisted death for mental health reasons as opposed to only allowing it for people who are terminally ill. None of this has anything to do with eugenics.
I was just pretty shocked and panicked at the time. I'm not one to trust "the authority" doing the right thing for the right reasons. It was more about "the idea" of something like this, not the reality.

It was also a bit out of fear. I heard they offer MAID unprompted to those they think "Need It" (This could be sensationalism / pro-life propaganda). An authority figure offering that would've destroyed me.

Thinking about it logically... It does make sense for it to be avalable to mentally ill. It's really not "Just in your head".

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Off topic, I'm freaking out about early election that would result in conservatives win, they clearly stated that they will abolish MAID

Reactions: lachrymost