Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i doubt ill get answer but like the last time i didnt expect an answer.....theres over 14000 people here, doesnt hurt to try.

has anyone from canada ordered something through amazon ca and had it get searched by customs?

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Too bad you're not in UK. I heard government said they won't be able to check customs due to brexit. Must be awesome.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Too bad you're not in UK. I heard government said they won't be able to check customs due to brexit. Must be awesome.
i dont think they will bother me. but im not liking the idea of doing it on an I THINK

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Depends where you live. I once lived in a building with a shared mailroom and just sent it to a vague address and grabbed it or have it sent to you someone with your last name but not first. There are lots of ways. It's just about spotting the holes in the system.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
well i have a second place that i own and i was thinking about having it sent there. i currently dont live there and its obvious as its in the middle of renovations. i wonder if that would make them not want to leave it?

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
as long as you dont have a stop order they should. Places renovating get mail all the time.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
i could always leave a note on the door that says please put package in between 2 decks. i get dropped off there alone at night so if its hidden there no one, not even my husband, will find it and after he leaves i can run out and grab it.

doesnt help with the boarder problem much but it will be in an amazon box right? i mean it could literally be anything
just what i feared

• Cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
  • We may provide certain order, shipment, and product information, such as titles, to our international carriers, and such information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities in order to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.

Last edited:
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
i could always leave a note on the door that says please put package in between 2 decks. i get dropped off there alone at night so if its hidden there no one, not even my husband, will find it and after he leaves i can run out and grab it.

doesnt help with the boarder problem much but it will be in an amazon box right? i mean it could literally be anything
just what i feared

• Cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
  • We may provide certain order, shipment, and product information, such as titles, to our international carriers, and such information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities in order to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.
yeah, now is not the time for people checking things much. Not risk free but people in these sorting places are worried about their health. Couldn't care less what's in packages.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
well im looking into the rules for normal people having it. i mean its like what others here said, it has a legitimate purpose so they cant exactly say no.

Reactions: alexit
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
You're in Canada. I'm in the US. Disease is rampant. They're not doing the typical welfare checks they might have before. Even then, like you said, you could say legitimate reason and that would be the end of it.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Users of any of the following ten (10) restricted components must provide their supplier with proper identification (e.g., government photo identification) and intent of use:

i know a bit of law but im not a lawyer lol and ignorance of the law isnt an excuse. i wonder if they dont ask if i dont have to and the blame falls on them. i cant see much in the way of other problems in me getting it.
@alexit thank you for the help by the way :)

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Yeah, I mean it's Amazon. It's way down on the customs risk level.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
make a second amazon account with a name thats not mine. somehow get money not connect to me (idk the answer to that one) and then i will unlikely get questioned because the only way they could trace it to me is the address at which point i can just say "no idea dude. wrong address?"

im probably over thinking this. i mean...it amazon like you said. and although ignorance is no exception, maybe they will make one where it has an actual purpose. why would a normal person think that its restricted and look into it?

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
make a second amazon account with a name thats not mine. somehow get money not connect to me (idk the answer to that one) and then i will unlikely get questioned because the only way they could trace it to me is the address at which point i can just say "no idea dude. wrong address?"

im probably over thinking this. i mean...it amazon like you said. and although ignorance is no exception, maybe they will make one where it has an actual purpose. why would a normal person think that its restricted and look into it?
I think you are overthinking. I've done a lot of cons. That's what it comes down to confidence. People believe people who believe what they say. But it really doesn't seem like it'll get to that. But do what you think is right. And you don't want to spin such a complicated web that it becomes more difficult to explain other than "it's for a hobby" or "oops I ordered the wrong thing."

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
yeah. im going with the different name and having it sent to my other address. i think thats about all i need though. and its not that my husband doesnt know. he knows everything, even understands why i might do it and as long as im not impulsive about it even supports me. but its one thing to say it, its another thing to realize omg this is probably actually going to happen. and i dont want to explain the strange package to him

i think ill make my name the instructions lol

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
and delete the item from browsing view history. And maybe archive.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
thats a good idea. just one button left then it will be on its way and should be here at the end of the month. im scared to touch it though lol

plus i made the mistake of asking this question to my friend first. now hes concerned what i dont want customs having.....oops. i didnt think it would be a problem he typically leaves my questions at "ok"

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
thats a good idea. just one button left then it will be on its way and should be here at the end of the month. im scared to touch it though lol

plus i made the mistake of asking this question to my friend first. now hes concerned what i dont want customs having.....oops. i didnt think it would be a problem he typically leaves my questions at "ok"
Hard to say. People don't linger on things long.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm under the impression that either it comes from a wearhouse within Canada or it's something that will be allowed over the borders without issue. We have such tight reg's that Amazon's not about to cross.

Just my two cents, but if you can find it on Amazon it can't be that contra band, can it?

Reactions: alexit
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Hard to say. People don't linger on things long.
he does. he knows all about my past and my current struggles. (so does my husband) and hes always concerned about me committing. all i could do was tell him im fine and id still be here when hes done what hes doing.
I'm under the impression that either it comes from a wearhouse within Canada or it's something that will be allowed over the borders without issue. We have such tight reg's that Amazon's not about to cross.

Just my two cents, but if you can find it on Amazon it can't be that contra band, can it?
Users of any of the following ten (10) restricted components must provide their supplier with proper identification (e.g., government photo identification) and intent of use:

i know a bit of law but im not a lawyer lol and ignorance of the law isnt an excuse. i wonder if they dont ask if i dont have to and the blame falls on them. i cant see much in the way of other problems in me getting it.
@alexit thank you for the help by the way :)
i refer you to this that i got off a canadian site about law
wearhouse within Canada
is there a way to know where its coming from before its shipped? if its coming from canada and doesnt have to go through customs id feel so much better

Last edited:
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I order stuff from amazon.ca all the time and have never had it go through customs.

S

SnowInMyPockets

Aug 13, 2020
So has anyone found some 98% NA on Amazon Canada yet?