D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
Buying Monero would be the exact same process as Bitcoin.

It took me maybe 15 minutes to register an account and get verified. I had no experience with crypto prior to all of this, so I promise you it isn't as bad as it looks.

First step is finding a decent app you like and registering/getting verified. From there you'll be able to see different ways to buy crypto and I can assist further.
What do you think about kraken as a crypto exchange? I have my money in Texas and I understand through web searches that only a few exchanges are allowed there. I think etoro, coinbase and just a handful of others work there.

Reactions: wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
What do you think about kraken as a crypto exchange? I have my money in Texas and I understand through web searches that only a few exchanges are allowed there. I think etoro, coinbase and just a handful of others work there.
Try to look into each provider and open their websites.

You may need to use a VPN connection (that disguises where you are physically located) to access those services.
Using my Canadian internet I get messages like these for eToro for example:

Attachments

• 8C34955E-F2C5-4922-8B65-B96D9558623F.jpeg
    8C34955E-F2C5-4922-8B65-B96D9558623F.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: DyingMiND
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
Buying Monero would be the exact same process as Bitcoin.

It took me maybe 15 minutes to register an account and get verified. I had no experience with crypto prior to all of this, so I promise you it isn't as bad as it looks.

First step is finding a decent app you like and registering/getting verified. From there you'll be able to see different ways to buy crypto and I can assist further.
So I started up on etoro and now have to fund the account. There is an option for ACH payments which I have to do still. There are other options such as debit and credit card but I think that may cost too much?? Well that's where I'm at now. If you can offer any advice that'd be great.:smiling:

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
So I started up on etoro and now have to fund the account. There is an option for ACH payments which I have to do still. There are other options such as debit and credit card but I think that may cost too much?? Well that's where I'm at now. If you can offer any advice that'd be great.:smiling:
Bravo! Well done!!!
I wonder why my server won't let me access those but hey: congrats! You're on your way!

Reactions: DyingMiND
CassieHoward

CassieHoward

peace out ss
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, from here you'll need to make a deposit into your account which you can then use to buy BTC. I'm not sure what Etoro's fees are, so it makes sense to choose whatever the cheapest option is.

https://www.etoro.com/customer-service/deposit-faq/ has some more details here. In general I'd just use a debit or credit card for ease of access as you're most likely going to be getting charged a good deal regardless what option you pay with.

D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
What I did was indicate how much BTC I wanted to buy, and it would match me with a seller. I would check the seller's profile to verify a) it's a real person, and b) they probably won't scam me. If they've completed many trades and have a high trade completion rate, you're good to go. I would then send them the money, where it would be held in an escrow system
You mention to check the sellers profile to verify he/she is a real person. Does that mean that if I'm buying from D, that his profile will be visible to me? How would I even know his profile?

Also, if D states his charge is $500 for example, do I have to buy $500 worth if Bitcoin? If the price of BTC fluctuates, especially up, then doesn't he end up getting less than $500 theoretically speaking?

Lastly, etoro uses their own wallet which I don't know of that's good or not. I read you can transfer to an external wallet like Exodus, but that you can't transfer any crypto currency back to the etoro platform. Do you think it's wise to transfer to my own wallet like Exodus or not? If I do, then can I still pay the vendor 'D' from my Exodus or similar wallet?

BTW, I just read that etoro charges 5% of the transaction. Do you think that's for buying the Bitcoin or selling it or both?

PS. If I have more questions, do you prefer DM you instead of asking in this thread?

Thank you!

CassieHoward

CassieHoward

peace out ss
Mar 11, 2022
You mention to check the sellers profile to verify he/she is a real person. Does that mean that if I'm buying from D, that his profile will be visible to me? How would I even know his profile?

Also, if D states his charge is $500 for example, do I have to buy $500 worth if Bitcoin? If the price of BTC fluctuates, especially up, then doesn't he end up getting less than $500 theoretically speaking?

Lastly, etoro uses their own wallet which I don't know of that's good or not. I read you can transfer to an external wallet like Exodus, but that you can't transfer any crypto currency back to the etoro platform. Do you think it's wise to transfer to my own wallet like Exodus or not? If I do, then can I still pay the vendor 'D' from my Exodus or similar wallet?

BTW, I just read that etoro charges 5% of the transaction. Do you think that's for buying the Bitcoin or selling it or both?

PS. If I have more questions, do you prefer DM you instead of asking in this thread?

Thank you!
1) No, as you won't be buying BTC from D. I believe on Etoro you don't need to worry about this as you buy directly from them anyway but I may be wrong.

2) You'd be wise to buy up to an additional $50 extra or so to cover Etoro's fees plus any random fluctuations. I will say that if you're off by a few dollars D will not hassle you, but it would be good practice to send more than the asked-for amount rather than under.

3) Some people do that. Myself, I just withdrew the amount directly from my Binance app to the BTC address D gave me. You can do whatever you prefer, though doing so from your own wallet may or may not be more secure - I need to read up more on the specifics.

Asking in this thread is best, as it may be helpful to others reading as well!

Reactions: DyingMiND and wljourney
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
I'm having trouble understanding etoro wording regarding "withdrawals" of BTC. Not sure if I can get payment to D properly. By etoro website, it seems that withdrawals go to your own account and are not instant. It makes me believe that you can't put someone else's walletID to make the transaction to pay D. I'll post a screenshot below. I'm so confused still. Sorry if I sound desperate but I really am secondary to worsening health and severe, unrelenting pain.

Please help! I'll appreciate it tremendously. SmartSelect 20220406 213815 Chrome

CassieHoward

CassieHoward

peace out ss
Mar 11, 2022
I'm having trouble understanding etoro wording regarding "withdrawals" of BTC. Not sure if I can get payment to D properly. By etoro website, it seems that withdrawals go to your own account and are not instant. It makes me believe that you can't put someone else's walletID to make the transaction to pay D. I'll post a screenshot below. I'm so confused still. Sorry if I sound desperate but I really am secondary to worsening health and severe, unrelenting pain.

Please help! I'll appreciate it tremendously. View attachment 89820
It looks like that's referring to fiat (normal currency), so you'll likely want to move any BTC you buy into a separate wallet, and then send the funds from there. No big deal as many people go this route.

Maybe refer to this: https://www.etoro.com/en-us/custome...ing-platform-to-my-etoro-money-crypto-wallet/

D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
Thank you. But I got fed up thinking about it so I deleted my etoro account. I was looking into Gemini but they have no wallet of their own, so I know I'll have to use an external one. Now, I don't know which is a good one. I also read on Gemini website that transfers to wallets can take up to several days and not immediate. Isn't this something the vendor D would want instead of waiting? I feel like I have no form grasp of these exchange and how they all work. Arrgh!

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Thank you. But I got fed up thinking about it so I deleted my etoro account. I was looking into Gemini but they have no wallet of their own, so I know I'll have to use an external one. Now, I don't know which is a good one. I also read on Gemini website that transfers to wallets can take up to several days and not immediate. Isn't this something the vendor D would want instead of waiting? I feel like I have no form grasp of these exchange and how they all work. Arrgh!
Ok in the middle of your screenshot is a link saying "for steps on transferring your funds to your eToro wallet click here".

That link should give you an idea how to get BTC into your wallet.
They likely have another link there describing how to send BTC on to someone else's wallet.

But I see you deleted the account already.

Ok. A few options:

- Contact D and ask him to accept WU.
I know he does. Someone else just confirmed paying by WU and they received their products.

- use Bitbuy and buy 1 item at a time. I will walk you through by DM and with screenshots.

- reactivate your eToro account

- go with Binance and ask if @CassieHoward can walk you through step by step

- look at other crypto sites, but they may all be a bit confusing at first.

I know it is stressful, but it's not impossible.
It looks like that's referring to fiat (normal currency), so you'll likely want to move any BTC you buy into a separate wallet, and then send the funds from there. No big deal as many people go this route.

Maybe refer to this: https://www.etoro.com/en-us/custome...ing-platform-to-my-etoro-money-crypto-wallet/
That link is great! Thank you.
Half way down it says

"Once your crypto is transferred to your eToro Money crypto wallet, you can convert it to another crypto or send it elsewhere. You can find a guide on how to send your crypto to another wallet here. "

That should be exactly what you want.

Last edited:
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
I hear crypto I think = scam.
Probably because they always use this in their methods.

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I hear crypto I think = scam.
Probably because they always use this in their methods.
Yes. Crypto is enabling crime. And people get scammed way too often. It's also used to help people access a peaceful, dignified death.
There are always 2 sides to the crypto coin.

O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
Yes. Crypto is enabling crime. And people get scammed way too often. It's also used to help people access a peaceful, dignified death.
There are always 2 sides to the crypto coin.
Yeah I don't think i could ever feel as secure using crypto as I do with traditional currency.
It's easy for the other to run off with the crypto and no deliver. All I know is there's something called a blockchain but you cant get a refund or anything if something like were to happen.

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Yeah I don't think i could ever feel as secure using crypto as I do with traditional currency.
It's easy for the other to run off with the crypto and no deliver. All I know is there's something called a blockchain but you cant get a refund or anything if something like were to happen.
The same risk exists if you pay a stranger by WesternUnion before receiving a product. In the end, buying, importing and possessing N is illegal. That's the risk we have to assume if we don't have access to a legal peaceful chosen death.

D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
Ok in the middle of your screenshot is a link saying "for steps on transferring your funds to your eToro wallet click here".

That link should give you an idea how to get BTC into your wallet.
They likely have another link there describing how to send BTC on to someone else's wallet.

But I see you deleted the account already.

Ok. A few options:

- Contact D and ask him to accept WU.
I know he does. Someone else just confirmed paying by WU and they received their products.

- use Bitbuy and buy 1 item at a time. I will walk you through by DM and with screenshots.

- reactivate your eToro account

- go with Binance and ask if @CassieHoward can walk you through step by step

- look at other crypto sites, but they may all be a bit confusing at first.

I know it is stressful, but it's not impossible.

That link is great! Thank you.
Half way down it says

"Once your crypto is transferred to your eToro Money crypto wallet, you can convert it to another crypto or send it elsewhere. You can find a guide on how to send your crypto to another wallet here. "

That should be exactly what you want.
I actually opened up Kraken account and am about to fund it but I'm but sure how much to deposit. I was given a cost by D for 1 or 2 items but I actually wanted 3. I just want to make sure everything goes as planned. I believe that I can withdraw from the kraken platform, according to them, to another person's wallet. What are some popular external wallets in case I need one?

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I actually opened up Kraken account and am about to fund it but I'm but sure how much to deposit. I was given a cost by D for 1 or 2 items but I actually wanted 3. I just want to make sure everything goes as planned. I believe that I can withdraw from the kraken platform, according to them, to another person's wallet. What are some popular external wallets in case I need one?
You may want to go back to D and clarify that you want 3 items and what the price is in USD.

Then fund the Kraken account with that sum plus $50-100 to cover any fees.

Better to send a little more than not enough.

D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
I did email him asking the price of 3 bottles yesterday. Just waiting on that reply.