Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
See above.

In a lot of pain…..Any help appreciated.😞

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Sorry to hear that! Here's my understanding (and I'm happy if anyone corrects me)...

tl;dr: I don't see the kickback itself causing a problem. Unless anticipating it causes you to flinch wildly

The main recoil problem comes after the slug/buckshot leaves the gun. ("Secondary recoil", which may cause the muzzle to flip up a bit.) But if you're aiming at the brainstem through the mouth, it's too close & direct for the recoil movement to cause significant error

If you're still concerned, it might help to use a wall or something, in a way that constrains the head & shotgun

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
See above.

In a lot of pain…..Any help appreciated.😞
Yeah, you don't need to worry about the recoil. As was said in the previous reply, if you aim at the brainstem through the mouth, recoil won't cause you any issues. As he also mentioned, the problem that causes people to miss what they're aiming for is flinching (before actually pulling the trigger) due to the anticipation of the recoil. So you just want to make sure that you don't flinch or in any way alter the direction in which the barrel is pointed. It's a good idea to practice pulling the trigger while trying to hold as still as possible (obviously, just be very careful to make sure the gun isn't loaded). All that being said, even if you were to move the barrel slightly, it almost certainly won't matter. A shotgun blast will do the trick even if your aim is not perfect.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I sincerely hope that, one way or another, you are able to find peace soon.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and SexyIncél
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
as they said above it's the flinching before pulling the trigger not the recoil after. imo this can only be done after 1000's of practices , every day like most things. dry firing the gun with no ammo in the gun pulling the trigger without moving the gun . the gun has to be kept absolutely still only the trigger moves. the gun will recoil after the shot but the bullet is already at the brain by the time the gun goes back. shotguns and rifles have a lot of recoil . but expert shooters can hit small targets at hundreds of meters :this can only be done if the gun is kept absolutely still . the gun will recoil for expert s too that';s physics but they still hit the target. how? the recoil doesn't affect accuracy otherwise guns would be useless. imo most people don't know weren't taught how the brain works. everything is practice experience., someone offers you 10 million dollars if you can perform a perfect platform dive off a 30 meter platform into a pool , beat someone experienced in chess, or play a good piano concerto with very few or no errors, or type 100 wpm . and you must achieve any of these in 3 months. most people i guess realize this will take practice. so 5 people start this competition the one who does each the best wins the 10 million . person one no practice just wings it. #2 practices sporadically not keeping track of time. #3 practices diligently every day 10 minutes a day on each one of the skills. person 4 practices 1 hour each very focused on a timer keeping the practices tracked logged. person 5 practices 3 hours per day on each one of the skills. all started without any experience. so who do you think has the best chance of winning . imo it's #5 hours per day of practice. yeah the ones who didn't practice the dive or hardly at alll will injure themselves severely. so people think they can have no experience in shooting or anything and then do it perfectly with no experience. every skill or job etc takes the right kind of practice hours for day for months or years to become really good at it..this is one reason most companies demand 2 years experience for most jobs ,

Last edited: