• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
Could I just use any grilling charcoal or do I have to look for something specific in their composition? Or avoid something specific?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Can any type be used? I don't really know for certain, but I'd bet that if enough of any kind were used, it would work. The recommended type seems to be lump charcoal of good quality, 100% carbon. I don't think I'd use the type with the "fuel" impregnated into it. Do you have the "search function" yet on SaSu? You can search that out about the charcoal and anything else you might want to know. There are lots of threads discussing all the aspects of CO CTB.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, momentomori5 and mouseteacup
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
been really curious about this too. i have what looks to me like lump charcoal and i finally looked into the other package which turns out to be made from coconuts. this all sparked because i ran into an article where they were making an effort to make the coals less toxic but i don't speak the language all that well. (through some translation tools) seems they said that they would start banning coals made with 'oxidative complexing agents'. no idea what that means but cripes this f'n world... oh and they said something about anthracite?

Last edited:
Reactions: momentomori5
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I don't think

momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
Can any type be used? I don't really know for certain, but I'd bet that if enough of any kind were used, it would work. The recommended type seems to be lump charcoal of good quality, 100% carbon. I don't think I'd use the type with the "fuel" impregnated into it. Do you have the "search function" yet on SaSu? You can search that out about the charcoal and anything else you might want to know. There are lots of threads discussing all the aspects of CO CTB.
I did read some of them but it's kind of complicated, I live in a 3rd world country that barely has the specific types of charcoal mentioned in some of those threads. They mention some brands and some fancy words for what to specifically look for, but none of that exists here. We only have one brand for grilling charcoal, that claims to be "natural plant based charcoal, pressed, no chemicals no smells no fumes". Nothing else mentioned on the package, no mentions of what it contains or anything. Usually, no one ever grills anything here unless you go to a fancy restaurant, and even then they usually just use electric grills. So I don't really know where else to get charcoal but from amazon basically, and they only sell that brand I mentioned. I can't ask my friends where to get charcoal either because it'll sound suspicious. They know of my suicidal history and they know I've researched methods a lot, so it'll sound very sus if I asked that.

So I was just wondering if it's fine to use any charcoal at this point, because I can't really use the CO resources here very well given they mostly don't apply to where I live.
been really curious about this too. i have what looks to me like lump charcoal and i finally looked into the other package which turns out to be made from coconuts. this all sparked because i ran into an article where they were making an effort to make the coals less toxic but i don't speak the language all that well. (through some translation tools) seems they said that they would start banning coals made with 'oxidative complexing agents'. no idea what that means but cripes this f'n world... oh and they said something about anthracite?
I'm getting ready to buy a lot of charcoal soon myself, just preparing the money right now. Already have it in my cart ready to be ordered once I get the confirmation here (+the money)

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
"natural plant based charcoal, pressed, no chemicals no smells no fumes".
Pretty sure you don't want that. I don't really know what that is, but that's not charcoal that I know. I'd be leery of this type since it's hard to say how much CO it would produce. Maybe you could do some search engine work and find out some specifics as to how it's manufactured and if it emits CO when it burns - that kind of thing.

So I was just wondering if it's fine to use any charcoal at this point
Not if it's what you mentioned. Charcoal is made by heating wood to high temperatures in a low oxygen environment. You really need that kind of charcoal which is 100% carbon.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
natural plant based charcoal, pressed, no chemicals no smells no fumes
that may be the one made from coconut husks - same as the one i have. google only mentioned 1 other type that i could find but it's not sold here that i know of.

momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
Pretty sure you don't want that. I don't really know what that is, but that's not charcoal that I know. I'd be leery of this type since it's hard to say how much CO it would produce. Maybe you could do some search engine work and find out some specifics as to how it's manufactured and if it emits CO when it burns - that kind of thing.
Honestly there's no product monitoring here so I doubt they actually produce no smells and no fumes, most likely just a marketing ploy. But could I possibly test it? Like, buy the smallest amount, light it on fire and see if it burns like charcoal typically does? Or do I just ditch this idea and ask around for places to buy carbon charcoal?
that may be the one made from coconut husks - same as the one i have. google only mentioned 1 other type that i could find but it's not sold here that i know of.
Oh, so even here they sell different types of charcoal. That's actually surprising. I'll look deeper into it for the rest of this month, maybe ask some friends and pretend my family wants to have a grilling party or something lol

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
if you find out anything good, i'd be all ears. i plan to do it in my small 7 cubic meter bathroom. had a thought the other day to inflate some large trash bags and tape them to the ceiling to reduce even more oxygen

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
From a chemical point of view any kind of coal can be used because the CO is produced in incomplete combustion and for that only the carbon itself is relevant. When it come to "pressed charcoal" (briquettes) or treated charcoal to light it easier and so there could be other stuff inside that causes other unwanted emissions during the process that might make you feel more uncomfortable, that's why lump charcoal is suggested.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Could I just use any grilling charcoal or do I have to look for something specific in their composition? Or avoid something specific?
Don´t use briquettes. Use a high quality lump coal in not to small pieces ! And use a high quality BBQ, such as Weber® kettle grill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myexit and momentomori5
momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
if you find out anything good, i'd be all ears. i plan to do it in my small 7 cubic meter bathroom. had a thought the other day to inflate some large trash bags and tape them to the ceiling to reduce even more oxygen
That's a smart idea, the trash bags and tape one. I might do that for the windows in my bathroom too, maybe even the door to ensure no air comes out or in.
From a chemical point of view any kind of coal can be used because the CO is produced in incomplete combustion and for that only the carbon itself is relevant. When it come to "pressed charcoal" (briquettes) or treated charcoal to light it easier and so there could be other stuff inside that causes other unwanted emissions during the process that might make you feel more uncomfortable, that's why lump charcoal is suggested.
Ohhhh so pressed charcoal is briquettes! I see. I asked my boyfriend today about places that sell pure charcoal, he was gonna buy some for me but I told him to tell me the place instead. Since I'll buy a huge amount I don't want him to get suspicious about it. After that it'll just be a matter of time
Don´t use briquettes. Use a high quality lump coal in not to small pieces ! And use a high quality BBQ, such as Weber® kettle grill.

Does the size of charcoal matter? Does it need to be large/small or is anything fine?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Cheap barbecue charcoal consists of a mixture of tiny and larger pieces of different sizes. I would not buy something like that. The pieces should be as equal in size as possible. And I would use two BBQ, each with the required amount of charcoal per cubic meter of room air (at least 135 g per cubic meter).

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
if you can, try to tape up your windows. the inflated garbage bags are just to reduce the airspace so the room fills with carbon monoxide quicker.

he was gonna buy some for me
that makes me sad. i feel bad for him.

size? maybe a little smaller than your fist? but mine came in all sizes from 2 suppliers..

this is important: did you measure your room/space?

looks like i got 2 bags of the cheap stuff but that was all i could find.

momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
Cheap barbecue charcoal consists of a mixture of tiny and larger pieces of different sizes. I would not buy something like that. The pieces should be as equal in size as possible. And I would use two BBQ, each with the required amount of charcoal per cubic meter of room air (at least 135 g per cubic meter).
I see. I didn't know that about charcoal sizes. I'll keep an eye out for that, thank you. You always have amazing information and sources on CO!
if you can, try to tape up your windows. the inflated garbage bags are just to reduce the airspace so the room fills with carbon monoxide quicker.
Yep saw that idea earlier! I'll definitely be doing that. Also would prevent CO from spreading around to areas I dont want it to spread to. That is, if I end up not doing it in a car at least. Since I might not be able to get the money to rent one fast enough + I don't have a driver's license
that makes me sad. i feel bad for him.
I feel bad for him too. But our relationship is not good for him and he won't accept a breakup, so this is for the best. I haven't been of any use to the people I love, so believe me when I say my death won't make much difference. Just a little bit of grieving and I'll be forgotten easily
size? maybe a little smaller than your fist? but mine came in all sizes from 2 suppliers..

this is important: did you measure your room/space?

looks like i got 2 bags of the cheap stuff but that was all i could find.
Oh I expected the size to be bigger than that. So the smaller the better, but not too small? Would make sense since it'll be easier to light up than bigger sizes, maybe.

I haven't measured my room or space because I'm not yet sure of where I'll be doing it... I live with my family currently, and I'm not sure if they'll allow me yet to even rent a place with roommates where it would be easier to take my life with more privacy, no matter which method I go. Currently I'm not allowed to stay alone in privacy for very long, no locks allowed or my door will be busted down. I'm never left alone in the house for long enough for the CO method too. Maybe hanging though, but I really would rather CO. I would like to feel a sense of peace while dying, without SI kicking in. But if it does come down to it, I'll take the hanging over staying alive much longer any day.

Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
Currently I'm not allowed to stay alone in privacy for very long
sorry to hear that. this will be tough for you then. wish you the best. i don't know much but feel to ask any questions if you want.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I'm never left alone in the house for long enough for the CO method too.
You can NOT do the CO method where other people live in the same house or apartment ! You have to find a place where you can not endanger other people! And you have to light the grill outside and bring it inside only when the coal glows evenly. If you have never used a BBQ I strongly advise to do it, before you plan to use it for suicide. Please read the guide carefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: momentomori5 and Myexit
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Honestly there's no product monitoring here so I doubt they actually produce no smells and no fumes, most likely just a marketing ploy. But could I possibly test it? Like, buy the smallest amount, light it on fire and see if it burns like charcoal typically does? Or do I just ditch this idea and ask around for places to buy carbon charcoal?
How would you know if it's emitting CO, or enough CO, unless you measure the CO with an analyzer, since CO is colorless and odorless? With the cheaper coals, you're going to get more impurities, that just will make the entire experience more uncomfortable.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Last edited: