• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I just bought some little drug scales from Ebay "to weigh gold on" LOL

OP if you need help doing the 'tare' setting please PM me

So did I. Pocket / travel / jewelry scales, with a range between 100g-200g max and a precision up to 0.01g, can be found for cheap. Instructions for the setting and calibration are often a sticker on the scale itself so hard to miss and cannot be lost
Other equipment to top it : calibration weights set (1g /2g / 5g / 10g / 20g), again for a few bucks.
Then rehearse with practice, as much as needed if unconfident. The buttons on the scale are not wired to a bomb so it's safe to make mistakes

Re plastic (or glass) cup, a capacity of 30ml will be a match, given the density of SN
To measure water easily, if lacking, then a lab glass measurement cylinder might be more precise (although not relevant) and practical to handle, than a 50ml capacity beaker because of the verticality

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I used a milligram scale to weigh it out as a test actually. One of those Chinese Gemini scales, they're very cheap. You can get them on amazon for $20. Although I couldn't measure out 25g at once, I had to do it in like 10g increments and then put it all in one container. I feel like with using the milligram scale, it's more on point then a 0.01 scale, so you could get exactly 25g. Also you could get a digital scale from a smoke shop, and use a plastic container/jar. Tupperware would work, or even a plastic solo cup. Just put it on the scale and hit the tare button. Or put it on the scale before you turn it on.
What I'm gonna do which may be a slightly dick move because this will be like gaining help without them knowing. But I am gonna pretend to my parents I have an interest in cooking. So they can help me familiarise myself with kitchen scales, for measuring sugar and salt for making stuff over the upcoming weeks or months. Then I'll know what I'm doing with the SN.
Is SN that is below 99.9% purity not very effective for ctb with?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: enjolras
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
This post feels like it shouldn't really be needed.
But I guess perhaps some people might rarely use a kitchen scale and feel nervous, so.....

To gain extra confidence that you have weighed it correctly, 25g of SN should be about 1.5 tablespoons, or 1 "heaped" tablespoon.

So you could put 1 tablespoon of SN onto the scales, and you should get something between, say, 17g and 25g, depending upon how "generously" your tablespoon is filled. This lets you know your scales are working as expected. Then just add more until you reach the required amount.

It really shouldn't matter what type of bowl you use, unless, as @LMLN states, the bowl is very heavy, and exceeds the maximum of your scales (but then you would get some error message, or the reading would no longer increase when you add the SN, so it should be fairly obvious if that had happened).

You could use a piece of tissue or paper if you didn't have a bowl.

With some scales, if you place the bowl on before powering on the scales, then it will automatically "tare" for you when you power on.
If you turn on the scales, and it shows zero grams, then you know it has "tare"-d automatically for you (or the bowl weighs virtually nothing, in which case it doesn't matter anyway.....).
"Tare" just means it subtracts the weight of the bowl from the reading, so you are only weighing the *contents* of the bowl, and not the bowl itself.

If your scales don't do that automatically, or you already turned them on and then placed the bowl on, then you might need to press the "tare" or "zero" button.
After you do that you should see the reading reset to zero.

BOTTOM LINE : If the scales are switched on, and the bowl is on the scales, and the scales are reading zero, then you are good to go, and you can use "Method 1". If not, then try pressing the zero / tare button. If you can't get the scales to show zero when the bowl is on, then switch to "Method 2" instead (see below).

------------------------------------------------------
Method 1 (scale has tare/zero function, bowl is on scales, scales are zero-ed and are showing a zero reading)

Suppose we want 25g of SN.
Step 1 : Add a tablespoon of SN to the bowl.
The scales should now read something like 17g or perhaps up to 25g.
If it is out by a wide margin, then something may be wrong with the scales.

Step 2 : Keep adding SN to the bowl in small amounts, until the scales read 25g

Method 2 (scale does not have tare/zero function)

Step 1 : Put empty bowl on scales, e.g. scales read 285g -> write this down

Suppose we want 25g of SN.
Then the "target" reading for the scales will be 285 + 25 = 310g -> write this down

Step 2 : Add a tablespoon of SN to the bowl.
The scales should now read something like 285 + 17 = 302g, or perhaps up to 285 + 25 = 310g.
If it is out by a wide margin, then something may be wrong with the scales.

Step 3 : Keep adding SN to the bowl in small amounts, until the scales read 310g

You may also find this table helpful :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-water-amount-lookup-table-v2.32241/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Luman
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
You may also find this table helpful :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-water-amount-lookup-table-v2.32241/

After the exit of Lion84, I have zero will left to be on the low side of 25g-35g (at 90kg), vomiting being too low of an issue to change the outcome. His looked disheartening sipping (too low too slow amount)

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
After the exit of Lion84, I have zero will left to be on the low side of 25g-35g (at 90kg), vomiting being too low of an issue to change the outcome. His looked disheatening sipping (too low too slow amount)
Keep in mind that the amounts quoted in the table are *very* high dosages.

100mg per kg is considered a lethal dose.
The table is based on 250mg per kg, which is a "very lethal dose", i.e. a "reliable" dose.

So in my view, the amounts listed on the table are comfortably more than enough....

However, different people have different views, and you should follow your own view, of course (provided you have done some research and checked the various information sources available to you).

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Indeed, the lethality does not seem the main issue (preparing at least one extra serving should address most situations)

Just, records can also be found that dosing generously is not necessarily an indicator of feeling more agonising symptoms, if we take for instance Lostnotfound's exit as a female at 25g, reported as "most peaceful" by Jean, opposed to Lion84 recently. Since there are unpredictable factors to take into account, I'm more inclined to address that it doesn't take longer from underdosing, but that's just me (it's true)

Last edited:
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
@Bob_Luman you can always practice by weighing coins. each has there own weight. You should be able to search for the weights of each online

Reactions: jgm63