• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
If one doesn't have access to rope do you think it's possible to die by a strong cable tie? I've found articles and reports of people ctb and being killed by cable tie strangulation so I know it's been done but do you think there's anything one would need to be aware of or take into account if using cable ties?

LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
People have died with a belt, and I'm pretty sure some would (and could) do it with shoelaces. Honestly I don't know how they do it. So, in theory I'm sure that cable ties could work, once again in theory. In practice, they would have to support your weight, your dead weight once you pass out, and they wouldn't have to move around to much.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Ta555
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
People have died with a belt, and I'm pretty sure some would (and could) do it with shoelaces. Honestly I don't know how they do it. So, in theory I'm sure that cable ties could work, once again in theory. In practice, they would have to support your weight, your dead weight once you pass out, and they wouldn't have to move around to much.
Well they wouldn't need to support weight at all 😅 you'd just tighten it around your neck and that's it. As long as you don't have scissors or whatever handy.

Reactions: erdbeeren
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
If one doesn't have access to rope do you think it's possible to die by a strong cable tie? I've found articles and reports of people ctb and being killed by cable tie strangulation so I know it's been done but do you think there's anything one would need to be aware of or take into account if using cable ties?
There is really no way for you to get rope?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
There is really no way for you to get rope?
There is but I'm just asking hypothetically. Cable ties seems like good option if it can cut off your circulation. Really easy to do and no knots or anything to worry about.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There is but I'm just asking hypothetically. Cable ties seems like good option if it can cut off your circulation. Really easy to do and no knots or anything to worry about.
With rope as you hang it tightens more and more, cable ties wouldn't do this- I think this is similar to the night-night method. I searched a little and using cable ties has worked for ctb, but it is very unusual. Rope is the most common method used worldwide, so I would trust it more.

Reactions: Homo erectus and Ta555
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
With rope as you hang it tightens more and more, cable ties wouldn't do this- I think this is similar to the night-night method. I searched a little and using cable ties has worked for ctb, but it is very unusual. Rope is the most common method used worldwide, so I would trust it more.
The thing with rope is that it's going to be very painful on the throat for me. So I'm trying to see what might cut off blood supply without the pain of throat being crushed.

NotSureToEndure

NotSureToEndure

Professor of not a lot
Aug 17, 2020
Having a cable tie around my neck sounds awful. I can't help but think it would cause a lot of suffering and panic, but I guess if you were determined enough you could just keep pulling it tighter.

Feel like SI would kick in hard though, for me at-least.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The thing with rope is that it's going to be very painful on the throat for me. So I'm trying to see what might cut off blood supply without the pain of throat being crushed.
I do think that cable ties, being plastic, would cut in more and hurt more than rope- people sometimes use some types of padding on rope to make it less painful, but I don't know the details of how this is done.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Having a cable tie around my neck sounds awful. I can't help but think it would cause a lot of suffering and panic, but I guess if you were determined enough you could just keep pulling it tighter.

Feel like SI would kick in hard though, for me at-least.
Tbh I don't see how it's different to partial hanging but yeah it would not be pleasant.
I do think that cable ties, being plastic, would cut in more and hurt more than rope- people sometimes use some types of padding on rope to make it less painful, but I don't know the details of how this is done.
It's not about cutting in. It's about pressure. In full suspension the rope will be high on the neck right under the jaw and I find that painful as it's pressing against the trachea and hyoid bone. With cable ties you can place them anywhere, like partial suspension so you can compress any part of your neck and it doesn't have to be high up and hurting your windpipe.
It's not about cutting in. It's about pressure. In full suspension the rope will be high on the neck right under the jaw and I find that painful as it's pressing against the trachea and hyoid bone. With cable ties you can place them anywhere, like partial suspension so you can compress any part of your neck and it doesn't have to be high up and hurting your windpipe.

Chaestergram

Chaestergram

Free spirit
Nov 24, 2021
Being sure of tying it correctly, I had tried this way for partial hanging and I struggled a good 20 mins trying to do it correctly to support my weight but obviously failed since I was found the moment I passed out

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Being sure of tying it correctly, I had tried this way for partial hanging and I struggled a good 20 mins trying to do it correctly to support my weight but obviously failed since I was found the moment I passed out
Sorry tying what? Cable ties? You don't tie cable ties. They're plastic and have a little locking mechanism. You just have to pull.

Chaestergram

Chaestergram

Free spirit
Nov 24, 2021
Sorry tying what? Cable ties? You don't tie cable ties. They're plastic and have a little locking mechanism. You just have to pull.
My bad next time I should use Google translation first, I thought cable ties was actually electric cables/cables

Reactions: Ta555
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
My bad next time I should use Google translation first, I thought cable ties was actually electric cables/cables
I googled as well. Lol

@Ta555 I think it depends on your "risk" attitude and comfort level. Is it worth the risk? did you see anyone using cable ties before?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I googled as well. Lol

@Ta555 I think it depends on your "risk" attitude and comfort level. Is it worth the risk? did you see anyone using cable ties before?
There are several articles of people using cable ties to ctb. They were all men though so I have a feeling you gotta be really strong to tighten them enough.

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
I use something with a O ring (nylon slip dog leash or collar) or belt. For me the O ring has to be in the front on the left, pre tightened, 2/3 up on neck, with head/chin up. I pass out fast. I think i read about this way on allhopelost.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I use something with a O ring (nylon slip dog leash or collar) or belt. For me the O ring has to be in the front on the left, pre tightened, 2/3 up on neck, with head/chin up. I pass out fast. I think i read about this way on allhopelost.
That sounds like you're doing partial suspension. I would only do full because partial is too unreliable.

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
That sounds like you're doing partial suspension. I would only do full because partial is too unreliable.
Yes it was partial. It was very reliable until my belt snapped (wasn't leather and had some Stretch to it) I really didn't think I was going to pass out because I was sitting. Passed out, knocked the chair over, guess I was hanging for a couple mins or in the chair a couple mins. When it broke I didn't wake up, instead went in and out of consciousness, moaning, thrashing…woke up off and on, couldn't talk, I babbled when I tried to say "thirsty" in the ambulance. It took a couple hours until I woke up all the way and could talk/think/move. It works and it's dangerous, make sure it will hold your weight & the anchor will hold. And in case it doesn't nobody is around to hear you. All that being said I will use the same method and fix my mistakes. It was peaceful until I started waking up. Also take some benzos & alcohol..& i will be standing not sitting.

• Aww..
Reactions: Crazy4u
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Yes it was partial. It was very reliable until my belt snapped (wasn't leather and had some Stretch to it) I really didn't think I was going to pass out because I was sitting. Passed out, knocked the chair over, guess I was hanging for a couple mins or in the chair a couple mins. When it broke I didn't wake up, instead went in and out of consciousness, moaning, thrashing…woke up off and on, couldn't talk, I babbled when I tried to say "thirsty" in the ambulance. It took a couple hours until I woke up all the way and could talk/think/move. It works and it's dangerous, make sure it will hold your weight & the anchor will hold. And in case it doesn't nobody is around to hear you. All that being said I will use the same method and fix my mistakes. It was peaceful until I started waking up. Also take some benzos & alcohol..& i will be standing not sitting.
Thank you for your reply! Yes I have a sturdy rope and anchor. I don't think I'll take anything. I can't handle alcohol at all and I'll probably just end up vomitting straight away. Benzos I have but I decided I probably won't take because I'm afraid I'll not be myself and mess up my attempt somehow. I'm relying on passing out quickly if everything I've read and researched is to be believed. I can't afford to fail or somehow get myself out of it so that's why I'm not going partial.

• Hugs
L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
Thank you for your reply! Yes I have a sturdy rope and anchor. I don't think I'll take anything. I can't handle alcohol at all and I'll probably just end up vomitting straight away. Benzos I have but I decided I probably won't take because I'm afraid I'll not be myself and mess up my attempt somehow. I'm relying on passing out quickly if everything I've read and researched is to be believed. I can't afford to fail or somehow get myself out of it so that's why I'm not going partial.
Your welcome…you have to practice the passing out part. I practiced for weeks until I could do it. Relax, pre tighten and lean into it…plus rope/knot placement. I held my belt over a pull up bar in doorframe and would black out & be on the floor. But the one time I tied it off while sitting, not really thinking it would work anyways, it did. The reason I'm going to take something is for the convulsions. When I woke up I had a black eye, knot on forehead and a sore red nose. I'm thinking it was from after the belt broke and I was slamming forward into the floor. Next time I plan on being in a hotel not my soft carpet floor but I'm hoping the shower bar or closet bar is strong.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Your welcome…you have to practice the passing out part. I practiced for weeks until I could do it. Relax, pre tighten and lean into it…plus rope/knot placement. I held my belt over a pull up bar in doorframe and would black out & be on the floor. But the one time I tied it off while sitting, not really thinking it would work anyways, it did. The reason I'm going to take something is for the convulsions. When I woke up I had a black eye, knot on forehead and a sore red nose. I'm thinking it was from after the belt broke and I was slamming forward into the floor. Next time I plan on being in a hotel not my soft carpet floor but I'm hoping the shower bar or closet bar is strong.
I don't have the time or energy to practice. Also, you can't really practice full suspension 😅 the best I can do is practice tying the rope to the anchor point and feeling the noose around my neck. There's no leaning into it in full...you're just dangling.

Reactions: Crazy4u and LostMyWorld
L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
I don't have the time or energy to practice. Also, you can't really practice full suspension 😅 the best I can do is practice tying the rope to the anchor point and feeling the noose around my neck. There's no leaning into it in full...you're just dangling.
Well yeah if you are doing full while wide awake, sober and then struggle until whenever you pass out. It's easier said than done, SI kicks in. I think I read somewhere about a girl who did whipits before hand to help pass out for full. A guy got them for her and watched, then went to jail for helping.
Sorry I didn't read all your post about doing full and passing out fast. I hope that's the way it works. I'm not trying to fail and if I'm on my toes I don't think I'll get out of it but hey who knows. This sucks!
Do you know how much time (the longest) you need so they don't try and revive you? I've read everything can take 20mins…but they can jump start you, some of the people that were in the hospital on ventilator and didn't make it was hanging for 60mins. Can't believe they would try and bring someone back after that long.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
That's what I'm thinking too.