• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
As you know, I've previously drafted a long version suicide note in English and corresponding translation in German.
It would be a good statutory declaration if I don't have any family.
But the note will be for my family, I thought my previous notes were too serious and doesn't really help anyone.

So I've come up with this:

I don't like China.
And I don't want anything to do with it.
As a Chinese individual who is westernised,
without hopes to emigrate to Australia/New Zealand, I decide that I'm throwing the rakes on the floor and quit!
(Chinese idiom) Heheh.

我不喜欢中国.
并且我不想与它有任何关系.
作为一个西化的中国个体人,
在没有希望移民到澳大利亚/新西兰的情况下, 我决定甩耙子不干了! 呵呵.

P.S. I'm a selfish person who doesn't really care how I affect my family but I just want them to know why I did it and I'm hoping that the same joke lightens up the mood somehow if that's what they'll remember me for :notsure:, even though it probably isn't enough.

Question:
Has anyone thought about leaving a brief, sarcastic but funny suicide note?
Is it too informal? Do you think people will ask questions?

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That would probably be more my style as well. I've never written a note, nor have I even really thought of what I know would contain since that seems to symbolize the last step for me. I think a note should reflect on your personal style, and if what is in your heart is pain and sadness the note should reflect that but if what in your heart is sarcasm humor or joy then it should go that way instead.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
That would probably be more my style as well. I've never written a note, nor have I even really thought of what I know would contain since that seems to symbolize the last step for me. I think a note should reflect on your personal style, and if what is in your heart is pain and sadness the note should reflect that but if what in your heart is sarcasm humor or joy then it should go that way instead.
I feel both tbh.
I'm usually a serious person overall.

but as for shitty situations that I don't have solutions for,
seldomly I tend to have sarcastic humour come out of nowhere.

in my final weeks, I also feel a lack of emotions.
Considering Im gonna die, guess I don't really care anymore.
:I

C

Cockatoo

From Russia
Sep 9, 2020
I have two versions of my last note with a year of difference. And I will leave them both.
The first one is more emotional. And the second one is just calm and more rational. They're pretty detailed and I like how they reflect my feelings.
I've never thought about writing just a sarcastic and funny note. Maybe, I could, but I really want to reassure my family as much as I can. I tried to compose the final text carefully so my dearest could understand the reason and the fact they couldn't do anything about it and that's okay, because it's true.
I wish my last words would help my family not to blame themselves. I feel so bad about it. If my darling would ctb, I wanted to know all details and why I couldn't do anything.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
As you know, I've previously drafted a long version suicide note in English and corresponding translation in German.
It would be a good statutory declaration if I don't have any family.
But the note will be for my family, I thought my previous notes were too serious and doesn't really help anyone.

So I've come up with this:

I don't like China.
And I don't want anything to do with it.
As a Chinese individual who is westernised,
without hopes to emigrate to Australia/New Zealand, I decide that I'm throwing the rakes on the floor and quit!
(Chinese idiom) Heheh.

我不喜欢中国.
并且我不想与它有任何关系.
作为一个西化的中国个体人,
在没有希望移民到澳大利亚/新西兰的情况下, 我决定甩耙子不干了! 呵呵.

P.S. I'm a selfish person who doesn't really care how I affect my family but I just want them to know why I did it and I'm hoping that the same joke lightens up the mood somehow if that's what they'll remember me for :notsure:, even though it probably isn't enough.

Question:
Has anyone thought about leaving a brief, sarcastic but funny suicide note?
Is it too informal? Do you think people will ask questions?
"Throwing the rakes on the floor" sounds like the equivalent of throwing in the towel.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I have two versions of my last note with a year of difference. And I will leave them both.
The first one is more emotional. And the second one is just calm and more rational. They're pretty detailed and I like how they reflect my feelings.
I've never thought about writing just a sarcastic and funny note. Maybe, I could, but I really want to reassure my family as much as I can. I tried to compose the final text carefully so my dearest could understand the reason and the fact they couldn't do anything about it and that's okay, because it's true.
I wish my last words would help my family not to blame themselves. I feel so bad about it. If my darling would ctb, I wanted to know all details and why I couldn't do anything.
Very true.
Wouldn't wanna leave people wondering what they could have done.

Too bad their effort was abysmal.
They are gonna be sorry,
And I'm okay with that.

I guess saying that I quit is the most accurate way to express my despair and disapproval. Seems fitting,

I'll probably go with it.
Not sure what else is left there for me to say to them.
"Throwing the rakes on the floor" sounds like the equivalent of throwing in the towel.
Nice one!
I'll use it for the English version in replacement of that.
Both idioms convey the same message.
Quite precise and vivid actually.

Last edited:
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't think that an informal note is bad so id say it's alright.
I probably won't be doing a suicide note myself because they know why I'm doing it so I don't have anything to add

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf