• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
I developed severe social anxiety in 3rd or 4th grade, and then psychotic depression in 6th grade. Whenever people talk about being a former 'gifted' kid they are usually bullshitting and you think they're just referring to being praised for the bare minimum but I promise you, everyone in my life thought i was a prodigy. I really genuinely had skills that surpassed everyone around me. Until I got depressed and delusional and I spent middle school wanting to kill myself, trying to, and then developing ptsd from it that took away my ability to daydream (my one and only coping mechanism.) Started doing a bunch of drugs and now i have HPPD/visual snow syndrome and derealization/depersonalization episodes, probably will have them for the rest of my life. Also just PTSD from other events in my life like being homeless and neglected/abused by my family as a kid.

I am sitting here trying to learn how to play guitar because I want to have something to live for again and I am completely incapable of thinking deeply and meaningfully. I don't know how to learn because I haven't tried to since turning 11. I'm frustrated. I'm upset that I used to have something in me that could interpret all of this information in a matter of minutes. I find that I'll have a thought and nothing really sticks, ever. Just comes for a second and blows away in the wind.

I want to not give up just yet, so heres my question; is it worth trying ADHD meds out for my focus? I don't know how my brain will react to it, I don't know if I even want to try taking meds because I'm scared about having to be on something for the rest of my life and further altering my perception of the world. I just want to have something to live for and I've decided I might stick to this guitar shit. I used to play tons of instruments and I was amazing at them, and now i barely have the motor functioning to just fucking hold my piece of shit guitar. This is depressing, sorry.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You sound a lot like me - fractured thinking, everything's fuzzy, mind is totally blurry. Problems with concentration and short term memory. Feeling totally out of it and dizzy/drunk. This is certainly a kind of death in and of itself.

Having researched all my symptoms and coming up basically empty, I did run into some people suggesting ADD/ADHD meds. It sounds like it may well be worth a shot. I haven't tried them myself, but I'd be really curious to know if you see any improvement.

I think it's always worth pursuing a potential route, if it opens up. I would definitely encourage you to try - and report back if you do.