• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sharethepain

Sharethepain

We forge the chains we wear in life.
May 2, 2018
Hello everyone, the term BPD (borderline personality disorder) is probably rather well known here, and I happen to suffer from this blessing.
This might sound crazy and it could just be from all the loneliness, solitude, pain and anxiety, but I have been lately noticing some different parties, personas, in my mind.
You know how when you talk to yourself in your head, its only one on one conversation at most right? Well mine has several voices, each with different opinions, perspectives and views. I have given each of them a color which suits them the most based on their traits and I refer to them as such. Am I going Insane, or has anyone else had any similiar experiences?

Sharethepain

Sharethepain

We forge the chains we wear in life.
May 2, 2018
Good to know :)

?

+ + + +

May 30, 2018
maybe you're future books author. j.k.rowling must have also felt crazy at some point, all these characters in her head.. :)

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
tbh, friend: "Szasz argued throughout his career that mental illness is a metaphor for human problems in living, and that mental illnesses are not "illnesses" in the sense that physical illnesses are; and that except for a few identifiable brain diseases, there are "neither biological or chemical tests nor biopsy or necropsy findings for verifying DSM diagnoses." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Szasz

psychiatry is a very, very primitive (and biased) "science." The modernly new neuroscience is where it's [going to be] at. Not saying your experiences aren't real, but that "BPD" is simply another term for "this vague set of symtoms" ...in reality

We have to look at the world on an era-by-era basis, if we want the full picture. And, of course if we want a more precise picture yet, we must look at physics, cosmology, philosophy, and the origins of biology. All teenagers are philosophers, and most end up gradually having their ceaseless questioning and skepticism beaten out of them by the sociocultural matrix of Homo sapiens sapiens --(this matrix being a mere invisible driver, which most humans aren't even aware of, even as it drives the entirety of their lives from birth to death).

It will be pretty embarrassing for the species 200 years down the line, to have to admit that beings like: Szasz, Zapffe, Boltzmann, Darwin, Nitschke, Benatar, Epicurus, etc. had all but already given the gist of the useful answers (more-or-less). And if they fail to construct any sort of transhumanist semi-utopia by then, will be forced to admit that indeed the species amounts to nothing but a peculiar cloud of complexity, lost in time --without a clue as to where it came from, or where it is headed...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." --H.P. Lovecraft

"The arrow of time is an arrow of increasing correlations" --Seth Lloyd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Messiah

From the highest perspective humanly attainable: Homo sapiens is but a slightly-more-exaggerated-snowflake, in a complexity-cloud of temporal fallout --that is, a pointless & unnecessary domino-effect which caused an unspeakable amount of bodily and mental anguish... to individuals.

(3:00 - 3:47) : "...modern humanity is distinguished by Paleolithic emotions,
and medieval institutions like banks and
religions, and godlike technology. We're a
mix up, and in many ways archaic... still
archaic species in transition. We are
what I like to call a chimera of
evolution.
We walk around and exist in
this fairly newly made civilization that
we created. A compound of different
traits, of different origins, and
different degrees of forward evolution."

Last edited:
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Hello everyone, the term BPD (borderline personality disorder) is probably rather well known here, and I happen to suffer from this blessing.
This might sound crazy and it could just be from all the loneliness, solitude, pain and anxiety, but I have been lately noticing some different parties, personas, in my mind.
You know how when you talk to yourself in your head, its only one on one conversation at most right? Well mine has several voices, each with different opinions, perspectives and views. I have given each of them a color which suits them the most based on their traits and I refer to them as such. Am I going Insane, or has anyone else had any similiar experiences?

Sounds like loneliness to me. Sadly we are social animals so being alone or lonely does weird things to us.

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
The symptoms you're talking about are not a part of the diagnostic critera for borderline, but one mental illness usually come with several others, so you should probably go see a doctor. And remember that bipolar disorder is sometimes misdiagnosed as borderline and psychosis can be a part of bipolar disorder.

Reactions: comfortablydumb
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Sounds more like dissociative identity disorder caused by early trauma. You develop different personalities I'm not sure exactly why it happens but it's a way of coping to be able to deal with the trauma. I'm sure therapy helps fix this. A specialized trauma therapist.

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
We have to look at the world on an era-by-era basis, if we want the full picture.

Totally agree.

It will be pretty embarrassing for the species 200 years down the line, to have to admit that beings like: Szasz, Zapffe, Boltzmann, Darwin, Nitschke, Benatar, Epicurus, etc. had all but already given the gist of the useful answers (more-or-less). And if they fail to construct any sort of transhumanist semi-utopia by then, will be forced to admit that indeed the species amounts to nothing but a peculiar cloud of complexity, lost in time --without a clue as to where it came from, or where it is headed...

No. The existensialists grappled with this. Some transhumanist semi-utopia would do nothing to explain where life came from, and the heat death of the universe is what it is.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I have DID, though I'm unsure if it's just you being misdiagnosed with BPD as it's commonly mixed up with bipolar or BPD or like someone else said it could be your mind trying to cope with being lonely for so long. I'm not a professional, however.

W

watchtthethrone

Jun 25, 2018
I talk allowed to my dogs, and have given them both 'voices' and 'personas' to respond with. It sounds insane, but I have insight into what I'm doing, and it's usually just something I do when I'm stressed or can't cope being inside my head. I used to be highly social and haven't been able to see a friend in over two years thanks to chronic illness. So arguably loneliness is the ultimate reason I plan to kill myself.