CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
It's so wierd experiencing this feeling of being completely obsessed with somebody new again. My previous favourite person was just that for almost 4 years and it became almost normal. But now I've just became so attached to somebody I've only spent 24 hours with in person. I am so scared they're going to abandon me, I get so jealous when they talk about other people. They're so perfect and I hate it. Every second with them I felt like I was on top of the world and just complete euphoria. Now that they're not here I just keep crying and all I want to do is be with them again. Why does it have to be like this... Its like any time I get positive attention I fall in love.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith, Brink, foxdie and 3 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
On the one hand I'm happy you found someone but on the other hand I'd advise you to work on your overall self-worth issues and maybe spend a little time alone (?)
Because it's not really healthy to set such high expectations for another person and try to be with them all the time - the potential to get hurt is far too high plus being jealous of someone for talking to others needs to stop.
It's a hard learning process to learn to be "enough" on your own but rather do it now when you have someone in your life who gives you stability and take breaks seeing them instead of "crashing" if something were to change in that relationship.

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing, Wraith, foxdie and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've encountered this experience from other BPD users on here too. I can't imagine what it is like to feel like that, to know you have this tendency but to be enslaved to it anyway. :hug:

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I don't know if this will be helpful but I hope it can give some information on BPD.