MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
Hi, everyone! I thought about this recently and I wanted to know what you think:

What if, as a method, instead of cutting my wrists (which is terribly impractical and painless) I insert a needle for taking blood into my vein, and just... let it flow? Bleed myself out? Lol.
Do you guys think that this can be a valid method? Will it work? Of course, I will practice and research a fair share beforehand.

Thanks for your answers, hope you all are having a good day today. :)

• Informative
Reactions: thesquigglyline
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

灵魂转世而我消亡
May 9, 2024
Do you know how to start an IV, first of all? If you don't then obviously this method won't work.

There's a good chance that SI is going to kick in because anxiety is one of the early signs of hypovolemic shock, assuming that you actually manage to draw enough blood for that to happen.

Reactions: MBiopic, 3/4Dead and EG1141
EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
It's possible, but SI could kick in as you start to get dizzy and such. To die from blood loss you must lose around 2000mL of blood (about .53 gallons). As a reference point, when you donate blood, they take about 400-500mL of blood in about 10-15 minutes. So theoretically, it would take about 40-60 minutes to bleed out from an IV. All up to you though, definitely do some research if you decide to go through with this method. Best of luck!

Reactions: mlha and MBiopic
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Given that you do actually know how to start an IV (which will be more difficult if you're shaky or nervous, and is way more difficult to do on yourself given that you have to do the entire thing backwards), it's *possible*.

Unfortunately, you may also clot the line before you actually bleed out. The vein you're accessing my also 'blow' and spill out the blood under your skin into a bruise. As other's mentioned, blood loss comes with a sense of doom that heightens SI.

I've seen confused people snap their IV in two, and although it makes an enormous mess, they've also never died from it due to clotting factors. Still, it's possible. Definitely worthy of some more research, though!

Reactions: 3/4Dead
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I didn't use an IV but was on blood thinners and cut a bigger vessel rather than just a capillary and after creating a big pool of blood (enough for me to pass out) it slowed and clotted on its own despite my attempts to keep it going. Just to let you know. Blood doesn't like being outside the body.

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
"Blood loss on its own can cause death through hemorrhagic shock. Low blood volume can also result in a number of dangerous symptoms like low blood pressure, trouble breathing, and loss of consciousness."
I just copied and pasted that, but this seems like what every good method should have. I know people will immediately want to shut this down without even reading it because it isn't SN but please y'all give it a chance and some research 🙌

Reactions: MBiopic, 3/4Dead and EG1141
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
My biggest concern is clotting

Reactions: MBiopic
MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
Thank you all for your answers! You are being very helpful. Glad to see the active discussion.

Reactions: EG1141
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Hi, everyone! I thought about this recently and I wanted to know what you think:

What if, as a method, instead of cutting my wrists (which is terribly impractical and painless) I insert a needle for taking blood into my vein, and just... let it flow? Bleed myself out? Lol.
Do you guys think that this can be a valid method? Will it work? Of course, I will practice and research a fair share beforehand.

Personally, that sounds AWFUL!!
Slow torture that would seem to go on forever.🌹💔

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
Personally, that sounds AWFUL!!
Slow torture that would seem to go on forever.🌹💔
What do you mean? There are people who donate blood for free in a similar process. You think they get brutally tortured and return to do it again?

• Yay!
Reactions: 3/4Dead, MyTimeIsUp and MBiopic
MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
I doubt it would be painful at all actually
Exactly why I thought of that! The only pain would be from the needle inserting, but that's like getting your blood taken.
Assuming, of course, that I would do it as well lmao. I have to look into ways to be able to do that.

My other options were the night-night method, which feels pretty cool tbh, and jumping off a building.
And about the anxiety - I have a pack of benzos, which I could take beforehand to get a sedative effect. What are your thoughts? Could that help?

EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
Exactly why I thought of that! The only pain would be from the needle inserting, but that's like getting your blood taken.
Assuming, of course, that I would do it as well lmao. I have to look into ways to be able to do that.

My other options were the night-night method, which feels pretty cool tbh, and jumping off a building.
Yea I think this method could totally be done, the only concern I have is clotting. The obvious solution is to take blood thinners prior to your attempt. My suggestion is to test and experiment with medication and research.

MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
Yea I think this method could totally be done, the only concern I have is clotting. The obvious solution is to take blood thinners prior to your attempt. My suggestion is to test and experiment with medication and research.
That's interesting, thanks for the suggestion. Do blood thinners require prescription? I just don't really know how they work haha. And what do you think can be done with the clotting? Also thank you for being engaged in the convo, it feels a bit easier at least discussing this with someone without judgement. Tough period :)

EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
That's interesting, thanks for the suggestion. Do blood thinners require prescription? I just don't really know how they work haha. And what do you think can be done with the clotting? Also thank you for being engaged in the convo, it feels a bit easier at least discussing this with someone without judgement. Tough period :)
i'm not sure if you have to be prescribed them, if you do I bet you could find some online somewhere that you could get without a prescription.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
What do you mean? There are people who donate blood for free in a similar process. You think they get brutally tortured and return to do it again?
Donating blood and bloodletting yourself to death are very, very different things. You know how they say "the dose makes the poison"?

I mean, I started going into hypervolemic shock the only time I ever donated blood (just a pint, cells, not plasma. I wasn't underweight or underage or anything. I just have a lower than average total blood volume.) and it was so fucking scary in the moment. I have gone into shock exactly one other time, from a nearly lethal injury. Both times, I could feel my body get cold. Everything was slow and it felt like the world was collapsing in on me. My vision got hazy around the edges, like a black vignette. I actually experienced the whole "impending sense of doom" thing I'd heard people talk about but I didn't think was real. I could barely move or think, I just ended up lying there helplessly, scared as hell. Cold sweats, increased heart rate, confusion, anxiety, the whole nine yards.

I can't decide if it was better or worse than the time I was drowned rescuing a drowning person.
at least in the US, I'm pretty sure all blood thinners/anticoagulants are prescription. google says that if you do manage to get on them, don't take NSAIDs with anticoagulants or blood thinners because they increase bleeding risk. the more you know, I guess lol

MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
Donating blood and bloodletting yourself to death are very, very different things. You know how they say "the dose makes the poison"?

I mean, I started going into hypervolemic shock the only time I ever donated blood (just a pint, cells, not plasma. I wasn't underweight or underage or anything. I just have a lower than average total blood volume.) and it was so fucking scary in the moment. I have gone into shock exactly one other time, from a nearly lethal injury. Both times, I could feel my body get cold. Everything was slow and it felt like the world was collapsing in on me. My vision got hazy around the edges, like a black vignette. I actually experienced the whole "impending sense of doom" thing I'd heard people talk about but I didn't think was real. I could barely move or think, I just ended up lying there helplessly, scared as hell. Cold sweats, increased heart rate, confusion, anxiety, the whole nine yards.

I can't decide if it was better or worse than the time I was drowned rescuing a drowning person.

at least in the US, I'm pretty sure all blood thinners/anticoagulants are prescription. google says that if you do manage to get on them, don't take NSAIDs with anticoagulants or blood thinners because they increase bleeding risk. the more you know, I guess lol
Thank you for your story, it was very interesting to read it. Yes, I suppose you're right - but maybe everyone's reaction could differ the tiniest bit? I'm not talking about not having SI, but instead, like… the attitude?

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I just remember my own experience of almost drowning. Yes, it was very scary at first, but then I remember a feeling of incredible peace and relief. (Although yeah, it's probably my brain releasing chemicals and blah blah)

But in general, since my very first years of life, I know I had a completely different perspective on death and such topics. I always felt a bit connected to it, comforted by it. Not scared

EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
off topic but i just started playing milk inside a bag of milk, i saw your pfp the other day and it reminded me i needed to play it lol

MBiopic

MBiopic

Dreamer
Apr 10, 2023
o
off topic but i just started playing milk inside a bag of milk, i saw your pfp the other day and it reminded me i needed to play it lol
oh niice! please do play both of the games, I love them so much and relate to the mc a lot. update me on how you liked it, if you don't mind, haha! I'd like to know

EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
o

oh niice! please do play both of the games, I love them so much and relate to the mc a lot. update me on how you liked it, if you don't mind, haha! I'd like to know
I'm playing the first right now, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's very trippy, but still really interesting.

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024

It could potentially work but you'd need to plan it well and I personally would go for easier and more traditionally effective methods

thesquigglyline

thesquigglyline

"I made the whirling world stand still"
Dec 18, 2023
Aside from the benzos like op I also have morphine, oxycodone, etc.
Would any of that help achieve ctb through this method?

The problem I see is that even though I'm not afraid of needles for some reason even when they just draw more than two small tubes of blood from me I get super dizzy and almost pass out. Maybe letting the iv flow after the oxy/morphine kicks in will fix this. They could either be tablets or I could use my other arm to inject the morphine.

Perhaps it will be easier to die from morphine overdose.

U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
That literally won't work. The only reason why messy cuts work is because it's uncontrolled. Even during blood donation processes they have to keep adjusting the needle and it takes a while. You would probably pass out before you could drain all of your blood that way and even then it would eventually stop from clotting.

• Informative
Reactions: sugarb and MBiopic