• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
Hi y'all, this may be very far fetched but I was just thinking about this (because I just got a mail that my sn shipping is delayed and now it won't be here until the freaking 26th of December) and I was wondering on other people's opinions. I personally don't have any experience with bloodletting, but I know someone who does it as a form of self-harm. What I understand about it you is that you insert a cannula into a vein (this does require some skill I assume but since quite some people on sh forums seem to do this I don't think it should be too hard) and let the blood flow. I assume everyone has had their blood taken before and it's really not that painful to insert a needle, it would just take some practise to locate the vein well. Once you've lost enough blood you'll pass out, the blood will keep flowing and you'll die. I'm probably over simplifying this so I would love to get your input (:

Here is an example of someone who died this way: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02983383

Reactions: Baskol1, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
No.

Whats next, applying leeches?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Baskol1, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
No.

Whats next, applying leeches?

If you have 1000 leeches or so ;) but seriously, people attempt to die by cutting their wrists but that fails all the time because most people don't actually cut open both arteries since that's pretty hard to do. So why would this be a worse idea? It seems a lot more succesful to me than slitting your wrists for example and it doesn't hurt at all. I don't think it's ideal, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you think it's such a ridiculous idea?

Reactions: Baskol1 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
If you have 1000 leeches or so ;) but seriously, people attempt to die by cutting their wrists but that fails all the time because most people don't actually cut open both arteries since that's pretty hard to do. So why would this be a worse idea? It seems a lot more succesful to me than slitting your wrists for example and it doesn't hurt at all. I don't think it's ideal, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you think it's such a ridiculous idea?

It reminded me of the old SNL medieval medicine skits with Steve Martin. Bloodletting and leeches were popular methods of "treating" all manner of ailments.

This is a painful and slow method. The patient discussed in the article was probably inured to pain since she self harmed with this method for some time before her fatal episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Baskol1 and Lifeisatrap
W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
It reminded me of the old SNL medieval medicine skits with Steve Martin. Bloodletting and leeches were popular methods of "treating" all manner of ailments.

This is a painful and slow method. The patient discussed in the article was probably inured to pain since she self harmed with this method for some time before her fatal episode.

Yes it does come from medieval practices, but it's actually still used for the treatment of two diseases. Can't remember which ones but shouldn't be too hard to look up if it interests you :p About the pain; I researched it quite a bit and this is something someone on reddit said about how much it hurts: "This is a method of SH that causes very little pain, almost no marks or damage if done right but has the potential to cause a lot of harm (and of course be fatal). On the one hand I would love to raise awareness about this, but on the other I think it may be best left a secret from the public." https://www.reddit.com/r/selfharm/comments/7slx6d/bloodletting_blood_letting_sigh/ (in the reactions) so I don't think it's that painful actually. I am a blood donor where they take 0,5 L of blood and that doesn't hurt at all either

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Hi y'all, this may be very far fetched but I was just thinking about this (because I just got a mail that my sn shipping is delayed and now it won't be here until the freaking 26th of December) and I was wondering on other people's opinions. I personally don't have any experience with bloodletting, but I know someone who does it as a form of self-harm. What I understand about it you is that you insert a cannula into a vein (this does require some skill I assume but since quite some people on sh forums seem to do this I don't think it should be too hard) and let the blood flow. I assume everyone has had their blood taken before and it's really not that painful to insert a needle, it would just take some practise to locate the vein well. Once you've lost enough blood you'll pass out, the blood will keep flowing and you'll die. I'm probably over simplifying this so I would love to get your input (:

Here is an example of someone who died this way: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02983383

What's going to stop your blood from clotting?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, YellowJasmine and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Yes it does come from medieval practices, but it's actually still used for the treatment of two diseases. Can't remember which ones but shouldn't be too hard to look up if it interests you :p About the pain; I researched it quite a bit and this is something someone on reddit said about how much it hurts: "This is a method of SH that causes very little pain, almost no marks or damage if done right but has the potential to cause a lot of harm (and of course be fatal). On the one hand I would love to raise awareness about this, but on the other I think it may be best left a secret from the public." https://www.reddit.com/r/selfharm/comments/7slx6d/bloodletting_blood_letting_sigh/ (in the reactions) so I don't think it's that painful actually. I am a blood donor where they take 0,5 L of blood and that doesn't hurt at all either

Why would this be used as a method of SH if it didn't cause pain?

Forgive my ignorance about SH and I have total respect for those that do but I thought causing yourself physical pain was an attempt to quell emotion pain?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
Why would this be used as a method of SH if it didn't cause pain?

Forgive my ignorance about SH and I have total respect for those that do but I thought causing yourself physical pain was an attempt to quell emotion pain?

Some people are mainly fascinated by the blood, for other people it can be a way to harm their body from the inside out. It's not necessarily about the pain in that cast but more about self-destruction I guess. But I've never done it so this is just what I assume, since I self-harm in ways like cutting/burning/bruising but also in methods like depriving yourself of sleep or dehydrating yourself. Hope it makes sense (:

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Smilla and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
What's going to stop your blood from clotting?

I'm no medical professional but I think it won't clot as long as the cannula (or whatever you use) is in their because the hole stays open that way. Not sure though, I just know that there are people who blood let huge amounts so it has to be possible

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
You would more than likely need asprin to thin the blood or warfarin, basically to stop the blood clotting which it will start to do as soon as the needle disturbs the blood vessle. Unless there is someting going in cannulas often become blocked and either need flushing or replacing due to blood clots. So yes it is possible to due like this its more than likely going to take a rather large needle, multiple needles or a way to stop the blood clotting before death can occur.

silentinbetween

silentinbetween

Apr 30, 2018
If this is anything like blood donation, I can attest from my personal experience that I passed out after only losing 300 ml of blood but it hurt like hell. I was actually thinking of using blood loss as a way to cbd after that, because the pain wasn't like, insanity inducing bad.

Reactions: Baskol1, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah I've entertained this idea before, but I don't believe it is reliable due to blood clotting, the body's survival instinct kicking in, and also it would have to be a lot of blood before one dies from septic shock or what not. Chances are one will likely pass out or be too physically weak to continue to change needles and what not. The human body is so resilient when it comes to averting death. Also, pain is something that I don't react well to hence my method would be something painless and instantaneous.

Reactions: Baskol1, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
If this is anything like blood donation, I can attest from my personal experience that I passed out after only losing 300 ml of blood but it hurt like hell. I was actually thinking of using blood loss as a way to cbd after that, because the pain wasn't like, insanity inducing bad.
I know this was a while ago but can you tell me more about this? How did it hurt? How much do they aim to take in total (ml)? If I can ask, how much do you weigh? Over or under 130 pounds?

I'm going to try donating blood this week. I tried once before but they turned me away because I am not 110lbs (minimum weight requirement). This time I'll lie. I want to see how resilient my body is so I can factor that in the CTB when I do it.

I can handle more thc than people twice my weight so I'm pretty sure I won't feel a thing.

Also, I wonder if donating blood a day before or the day of CBT would have an influence on the amount of drugs needed or the effectiveness of the method (assuming it's the chemical route)??? Has anyone researched this? It could be that its the opposite since there's less blood for the drugs to hang out in....

Reactions: Baskol1