draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
So I've seen that after taking SN that your blood pressure will be so low and lack so much oxygen you pass out so wouldn't it be advisable to also take some meds to lower your blood pressure more along with the meto and benzos to help you pass out faster and suffer a little less? I've never seen this mentioned here before but I don't see why it wouldn't help
Bump

Last edited:
Reactions: Action, losing hope, Sid19 and 3 others
RealitySurf

RealitySurf

Aug 21, 2023
I have the same question, I even have enalapril, because my blood pressure is high

S

swaraj

Dead Lilith
Apr 10, 2023
Propanolol is added for this exact purpose right?

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., Sid19 and hunterfla
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Yes, beta blockers and calcium channel blockers are often suggested/discussed. They aren't usually used presumably because they can pose an additional hassle to acquire if you or someone you know isn't prescribed them, but they would certainly be a good addition to the regimen.

Reactions: Action and Deleted member 65988
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The beta blockers are suggested to reduce heart rate because due to falling blood pressure the heart starts to race and this can cause anxiety. I have this info from reading other related threads here.

Reactions: GiftedCabbie, Sid19 and swaraj
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, beta blockers and calcium channel blockers are often suggested/discussed. They aren't usually used presumably because they can pose an additional hassle to acquire if you or someone you know isn't prescribed them, but they would certainly be a good addition to the regimen.
Precisely, this is why Propranolol was advised to be used and so couple that with Benzos and you'll pass out much faster depending on your tolerance to the latter of course.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., Sid19 and swaraj
draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
The beta blockers are suggested to reduce heart rate because due to falling blood pressure the heart starts to race and this can cause anxiety. I have this info from reading other related threads here.
Isn't the faster heart rate required for the SN to be as effective as possible though so would it be more viable to have the fast heart rate but lower blood pressure?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Isn't the faster heart rate required for the SN to be as effective as possible though so would it be more viable to have the fast heart rate but lower blood pressure?
Theres controversy on this topic, people say its better to have a faster heart for the SN to spread all over the body while others disagree with this. Beta-blockers or any medication to control heart rate has thus been removed from the protocol since no positive impact or reason to use it has been established.

Despite this, I recommend using a beta-blocker if you don't have benzos so you don't try doing something not in favor of your ctb because of the anxiety induced by the high heartrate. If you don't have any problem with a high heartrate and you don't have benzos as well then you probably don't need to use a beta-blocker, too many medications cause some problems anyways.

Reactions: hi-okbye, losing hope, Deleted member 65988 and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

As far as I understand it the beta-blockers can help to keep the heart rate at a level that is bearable. Racing heart rate can lead to additional anxiety. I don't know how a faster heart rate accelerates the process.

Reactions: losing hope and thebookofdisquiet.
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
As far as I understand it the beta-blockers can help to keep the heart rate at a level that is bearable. Racing heart rate can lead to additional anxiety. I don't know how a faster heart rate accelerates the process.
+ a racing heart will send oxygen faster to your brain and keep you conscious for longer.

Reactions: Action, losing hope and swaraj