Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
@SlowMo
Well I think we need to learn a whole lot more about the human body for a start. Particularly from a neuroscientific perspective but not just limited to it. An evolutionary perspective must also be taken. One huge problem we hit with finding objective fact in psychological issues is the tendency to subjectively label them as psychological issues to begin with. Depression, personality types, mood disorders, and so on may not be medical problems in the traditional sense. In medicine and evolutionary biology we know that organs are not designed to fail so we apply the label failure everywhere. Kidney failure, liver failure, heart failure and so on. Is a psychological issue like depression a failure in the same sense? How about the likes of autism? Are these actually real medical failures or is it the body working exactly as designed by evolution? Other point below:

@schopenh
Psychology gives the outward appearance of working by the scientific method but it really doesn't have the work to show for it. I am not saying that all the data they collect is useless but they do not, and can not (right now) work under the controlled and repeatable conditions that harder science are subjected to.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei
I am not sure what you are trying to argue? Or was it a question?

If you read what I wrote I think it will become very obvious to you. Mood disorders are about symptoms, not traits. Judging from your previous post, you are confusing personality disorders with mood disorders.

Last edited:
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
With all due respect to your friend in the mental hospital this might not be the best source for mental health information.

The cluster of traits that lead to the diagnosis of bipolar disorder is clearly real in my case. No matter how often I click my heels three times and say I want to go home it never disappears.

Reactions: Sensei
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
With all due respect to your friend in the mental hospital this might not be the best source for mental health information.

The cluster of traits that lead to the diagnosis of bipolar disorder is clearly real in my case. No matter how often I click my heels three times and say I want to go home it never disappears.

agreed

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
It's a very red disorder with life threatening symptoms