• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Again my ocd might cause me to feel even more uneasy for deleting the bible app. In a way making me feel guilty.
I'm in a messed up situation.
Today I was praying to God, and I told him, that if he wants me to be punished that is up to him but that I can't handle this pain, but that even though I feel that I might be going to Hell, that I will do my best to sin the least possible even if suicide is the last thing I do, He knows that even though Im not able for some reasons, I did and do want to be a great child of God, I never had bad intentions, and this gives me a little bit of peace.
My mind is pretty messed up isn't it?

Last edited:
YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
Today I was praying to God, and I told him, that if he wants me to be punished that is up to him but that I can't handle this pain, but that even though I feel that I might be going to Hell, that I will do my best to sin the least possible even if suicide is the last thing I do, He knows that even though Im not able for some reasons, I did and do want to be a great child of God, I never had bad intentions, and this gives me a little bit of peace.
My mind is pretty messed up isn't it?
Well, if your mind is messed up, you're in good company. I doubt if God were truly omnibenevolent, he'd send a suffering believer to Hell.

Reactions: Definitelyworried
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Well, if your mind is messed up, you're in good company. I doubt if God were truly omnibenevolent, he'd send a suffering believer to Hell.
The thing is sometimes I don't believe he exist. And when I do, I feel he is going to send me to hell.
I once had a nightmare where it was Jesus second coming, and he was in the form of a dark purple huge cloud with lightning bolts and he was coming in vengeance in this dream I was trying to hide from him cause I felt he was going to throw me in to the lake of fire.
I'm not making this up. I really had that dream.
I woke up and I punched the wall because of how bad I felt for myself.

Last edited:
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
The thing is sometimes I don't believe he exist. And when I do, I feel he is going to send me to hell.
I once had a nightmare where it was Jesus second coming, and he was in the form of a dark purple huge cloud with lightning bolts and he was coming in vengeance in this dream I was trying to hide from him cause I felt he was going to throw me in to the lake of fire.
I'm not making this up. I really had that dream.
I woke up and I punched the wall because of how bad I felt for myself.
You know what happens if I go to a psychologist, pastor or atheist for these types of questions.
Psychologist- he thinks that he shouldn't mess with my beleifs because it could make me more unstable so he just listens to me, which doesn't help.

Pastor- he thinks I'm being attacked by demons or he thinks I'm possessed, and I'm afraid to mess up his faith with all my questions.- doesn't help me one bit at all.

Atheist person- actually usually makes the most sense to me, but at the same time I feel like they are being bad influence on me, and I feel like I'm letting demons in.
So i might not be able to receive any help regarding this.
Could I be the only person suffering this way?

Last edited:
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Thanks for your reply. It's not going to be easy for me to get past all the religious stuff. Maybe I'll even be praying when I die, thinking I'll be going to hell.
Sometimes I think all my family even though they are christians will end up going to hell too.
This world is freaking scary in my opinion. I hate it.
Thanks for your reply.

If the hell from the bible is real, 99.9% of us are going there no matter what and there is nothing anyone can do about it. And there is no way to prepare for it. So there is no point to worrying about it. It's like standing before a tsunami about to crash down upon you. Panicking, trying to run away, being scared etc isn't going to do shit for you.

F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
Isnt God of the bible a god of love and forgiveness?

Why would you have to go to hell if you do your best to be a good person in life but you end up in too much suffering and eventually commit suicide.

Wouldnt hell, if it even exists, be too cruel to punish someone with, on top of the suffering before the suicide?

Its not logical that a god of love and forgiveness send that person to hell right?

Reactions: Meena
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Isnt God of the bible a god of love and forgiveness?

Why would you have to go to hell if you do your best to be a good person in life but you end up in too much suffering and eventually commit suicide.

Wouldnt hell, if it even exists, be too cruel to punish someone with, on top of the suffering before the suicide?

Its not logical that a god of love and forgiveness send that person to hell right?

A large percentage of the Bible doesn't make any sense. It contradicts itself, many times. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
This is the bible version of the day that popped up in my notifications.
I don't know, its kind of a rough one for me.
Sounds to me that the Apostle Paul is agreeing that life on earth sucks, basically. Or ar least I feel someone can interpret it that way.

Our bodies are like tents that we live in here on earth. But when these tents are destroyed, we know that God will give each of us a place to live. These homes will not be buildings someone has made, but they are in heaven and will last forever. While we are here on earth, we sigh because we want to live in that heavenly home. We want to put it on like clothes and not be naked. These tents we now live in are like a heavy burden, and we groan. But we don't do this just because we want to leave these bodies that will die. It is because we want to change them for bodies that will never die. God is the one who makes all this possible. He has given us his Spirit to make us certain he will do it. So always be cheerful! As long as we are in these bodies, we are away from the Lord. But we live by faith, not by what we see. We should be cheerful, because we would rather leave these bodies and be at home with the Lord. But whether we are at home with the Lord or away from him, we still try our best to please him. After all, Christ will judge each of us for the good or the bad that we do while living in these bodies.
2 Corinthians 5:1‭-‬10 CEVDC
https://bible.com/bible/303/2co.5.1-10.CEVDC

But then it continues.

We know what it means to respect the Lord, and we encourage everyone to turn to him. God himself knows what we are like, and I hope you also know what kind of people we are. We are not trying once more to brag about ourselves. But we want you to be proud of us, when you are with those who are not sincere and brag about what others think of them. If we seem out of our minds, it is between God and us. But if we are in our right minds, it is for your good. We are ruled by Christ's love for us. We are certain that if one person died for everyone else, then all of us have died. And Christ did die for all of us. He died so we would no longer live for ourselves, but for the one who died and was raised to life for us. We are careful not to judge people by what they seem to be, though we once judged Christ in this way. Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new. God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others. What we mean is that God was in Christ, offering peace and forgiveness to the people of this world. And he has given us the work of sharing his message about peace. We were sent to speak for Christ, and God is begging you to listen to our message. We speak for Christ and sincerely ask you to make peace with God. Christ never sinned! But God treated him as a sinner, so Christ could make us acceptable to God.
2 Corinthians 5:11‭-‬21 CEVDC
https://bible.com/bible/303/2co.5.11-21.CEVDC

Last edited:
Reactions: Nzbeelover
F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
@Definitelyworried

What are the problems you have with that latest text? The juli 28 one.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
@Definitelyworried

What are the problems you have with that latest text? The juli 28 one.
Basically that Paul says that he agrees, life here on earth is painful, and that you should tolerate it cause that will lead you to heaven.

It's basically impossible to prove there is sn afterlife, but it's easy to prove that life is painful, so Paul has at least that part right.
I don't know I guess that I feel that what if it is true, that we must endure the suffering to make it to heaven?
But then again if not, it's just going to be enduring pain for nothing.
If I was sure there is no afterlife, I feel I would find it easier to kill myself.
Reading these bible pasages, makes it more difficult to kill myself.

O

overkill

Student
Jul 18, 2018
Bible doesn't disagree with suicide. Read the following chapter. Samson is clearly blessed by his God. Reason to yourself that when you kill yourself you will bring no more disgrace upon yourself and extricate yourself from a disgraceful situation (just like Samson did). This reasoning will make it easy for yourself:

Judges 16:23-31 New International Version (NIV)
The Death of Samson
23 Now the rulers of the Philistines assembled to offer a great sacrifice to Dagon their god and to celebrate, saying, "Our god has delivered Samson, our enemy, into our hands."

24 When the people saw him, they praised their god, saying,

"Our god has delivered our enemy
into our hands,
the one who laid waste our land
and multiplied our slain."

25 While they were in high spirits, they shouted, "Bring out Samson to entertain us." So they called Samson out of the prison, and he performed for them.

When they stood him among the pillars, 26 Samson said to the servant who held his hand, "Put me where I can feel the pillars that support the temple, so that I may lean against them." 27 Now the temple was crowded with men and women; all the rulers of the Philistines were there, and on the roof were about three thousand men and women watching Samson perform. 28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, "Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes." 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Bible doesn't disagree with suicide. Read the following chapter. Samson is clearly blessed by his God. Reason to yourself that when you kill yourself you will bring no more disgrace upon yourself and extricate yourself from a disgraceful situation (just like Samson did). This reasoning will make it easy for yourself:

Judges 16:23-31 New International Version (NIV)
The Death of Samson
23 Now the rulers of the Philistines assembled to offer a great sacrifice to Dagon their god and to celebrate, saying, "Our god has delivered Samson, our enemy, into our hands."

24 When the people saw him, they praised their god, saying,

"Our god has delivered our enemy
into our hands,
the one who laid waste our land
and multiplied our slain."

25 While they were in high spirits, they shouted, "Bring out Samson to entertain us." So they called Samson out of the prison, and he performed for them.

When they stood him among the pillars, 26 Samson said to the servant who held his hand, "Put me where I can feel the pillars that support the temple, so that I may lean against them." 27 Now the temple was crowded with men and women; all the rulers of the Philistines were there, and on the roof were about three thousand men and women watching Samson perform. 28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, "Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes." 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.
Not only was this verse accepting of suicide, but some can even interpret it as if it were helped by God. This was in the old testament. The one I posted was from the new testament.
But indeed Samson had to bypass his survival instincts when he did that, and he was a chosen person by God, And from what I think I understand, Samson will be going to heaven in Jesus's second coming, but if this would of happened in the new testament after Jesus teachings, I don't think Samson would had gone to heaven, it was his ignorance that made him innocent in a sense, this is how I interpret it.
Very interesting post though.