Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Like many of you here, I want to be intoxicated at the time of my ctb, to hopefully bring down my resistance against it. I'm thinking of setting everything up for the hanging while sober, then trying to drink the right amount immediately after, to help push me into the right frame of mind to get into the noose and finish it. This particular part of the ctb has been on my mind lately more than usual. Since there are different stages, which are all clearly divided in this article:

https://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/blog/addiction/the-various-stages-of-being-drunk/

...it has me wondering which stage is most appropriate, in order to properly balance the calmer, uninhibited nature of drunkenness with the inevitable loss of concentration and coordination that comes with it. In my life, I think I've only ever been as far as stage 3. At the very most I might've barely reached the beginnings of stage 4, without blackout. So I don't have experience with super heavy drinking or exactly when it becomes too much. I think it's probably best to get myself to an upper stage 3 or lower stage 4, to be most prepared to ctb. But if anyone else who's planning on drinking before ctb has a more informed opinion on this, please feel free to give it.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Hotsackage and discokicks
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I'm not able to recognize the states with my own experience.

discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Since alcohol is partially the cause of this goddamn mess I am definitely using it if I CTB. But hanging is not my method and I would be scared I'd mess it up sober or drunk. Everyone is different I have a huge tolerance to it, you don't want to break your neck and then dangle there in agony...maybe a partner would help? (not me, hanging isn't my thing)

L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I'm going to drink a little before - just in order not to be scared

D

DLS02

Apr 1, 2019
Alcohol is definitely part of my plan. Will make putting the pistol in my mouth and pulling the trigger very much easier.

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
It's not the same as alcohol, but I have recently found the being NOT in the depth of depression is easier to CTB. I'm curious therfore whether better control of the situation is easier for me to CTB. I wonder as well for family, whether it is easier for them to know that I didn't have to put myself in a drunken state to commit the act, but was in control

Reactions: Honigwaffel
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I would plan to drink a little if I go with N, just enough to make me numb enough to not focus on SI. I don't know if I'll drink alcohol if I go with SN, since I don't know how it will affect it and I haven't read about anyone taking alcohol with SN. I might just go with benzos to be on the safe side. I wouldn't have to worry about passing out on alcohol, though since I seem to have a high tolerance and have never passed out or puked from it, unlike benzos.

Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
It's not the same as alcohol, but I have recently found the being NOT in the depth of depression is easier to CTB. I'm curious therfore whether better control of the situation is easier for me to CTB. I wonder as well for family, whether it is easier for them to know that I didn't have to put myself in a drunken state to commit the act, but was in control
Hard to say. There are different ways your family could look at that. One thing's certain though, they'll be assured of how serious you are about the decision when they realize you were able to go through with it, completely unaltered.