• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

prettycvnt

prettycvnt

Dec 15, 2023
I'm going to use full suspension hanging as my backup method, and I want to know what the best rope is. Also, what are the best knots to use. I've seen people say it's best not use a noose, and some have suggested a slipknot instead. What about the knot to tie to the anchor point? Also, my suspension point will be a rubbermaid wire shelf, do you think it can hold about 150lbs? I have "attempted" a couple of times before using a bath robe belt and a piece of clothing and I failed because the knot opened and because the belt broke, the shelf stayed in place so based on that I'm assuming it'll work.

Reactions: Worndown
4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
I'm going to use full suspension hanging as my backup method, and I want to know what the best rope is. Also, what are the best knots to use. I've seen people say it's best not use a noose, and some have suggested a slipknot instead. What about the knot to tie to the anchor point? Also, my suspension point will be a rubbermaid wire shelf, do you think it can hold about 150lbs? I have "attempted" a couple of times before using a bath robe belt and a piece of clothing and I failed because the knot opened and because the belt broke, the shelf stayed in place so based on that I'm assuming it'll work.
I'd comment on the best ropes but I think that shelf might not hold because it's not just a matter of holding your weight consistently for 20-30mins required to die but also it has to cope with your convulsions which will further put it under load.

Go for 12-20mm rope, ideally braided climbing rope or paracord550. Polypropylene, polyester or cotton will work too but check the load capacity and ideally make sure it holds a good few times your weight.

Reactions: prettycvnt
prettycvnt

prettycvnt

Dec 15, 2023
I'd comment on the best ropes but I think that shelf might not hold because it's not just a matter of holding your weight consistently for 20-30mins required to die but also it has to cope with your convulsions which will further put it under load.

Go for 12-20mm rope, ideally braided climbing rope or paracord550. Polypropylene, polyester or cotton will work too but check the load capacity and ideally make sure it holds a good few times your weight.
Noted, I looked up the load capacity and keep finding different answers but I'll keep searching.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I suggest double braided dock line.
Very stong, soft/comfortable surface and takes a knot well. You can get 25 foot lengths easily. Look for 1/2 or 5/8 inch diameters.