fufa

fufa

I don't know what I am.
Mar 26, 2021
So I want to "attempt" in a way that will be guaranteed to fail. I want to gauge the reactions of my peers to see who should be removed from my life, I need to know who my real friends are before I consider CTB for real.
What method strikes the right balance between being destined to fail, easy to go through with, yet still something that will be taken seriously?

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Am I seriously reading this?! if you want to CTB for real what's it matter whom your true friends are?

Reactions: byebyeburdee, sad, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 14 others
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
I wouldn't do that. I don't want to receive any reactions from my family. Things would get only worse. I would be most likely sent to a psych ward. Who would ever want that?

Reactions: byebyeburdee, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, loopylou and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think if you fake an attempt, it is likely that you will be put on some sort of suicide watch and then you wont be able to actually ctb. I personally wouldn't do it, but I guess we are all in different situations.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, EDMisgood, loopylou and 6 others
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
For example

if you live at home with parents or siblings, when your alone at home, let the bathtub filled with water, as you would take a bath, sit in there until you hear them coming near, then you could get into a position, where you lie stretched with you face in the water.

But my opinion: i would not recommend to fake ctb attempt, just to verify who is a real friend. You will be send to a mental institution and get drugged with stuff which will make everything worse, thats not worth it.

Another option could be to fake your death, by let your parents post things on facebook like you have been died and you could "play hide and seek" with your friends, by not going outside the house and not log in social Media accounts for maybe 1 week. Perhaps you will see who will react in the correct way and who doesnt.

But if you emerge, you could lose some friends, which would be angry about your test.

A test for who is a real friend and who does not has been made by a person who claimed, she had won in the lottery, then she had recieved some comments on Facebook which revealed her fake friends.

Here's the link(in german):

Last edited:
fufa

fufa

I don't know what I am.
Mar 26, 2021
I wouldn't do that. I don't want to receive any reactions from my family. Things would get only worse. I would be most likely sent to a psych ward. Who would ever want that?
I'm too curious. Also if you have a silver tongue you can worm your way out of all of the wards in my area. Like it's remarkably easy if you can muster a shred if charisma.

D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
What about Zopiclone you can buy online? I buy them online in the UK. And then take about 7 and call emergency services?

Reactions: loopylou
fufa

fufa

I don't know what I am.
Mar 26, 2021
What about Zopiclone you can buy online? I buy them online in the UK. And then take about 7 and call emergency services?
I'm considering something like that but I'm worried that an 'overdose' would not be taken seriously.

D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
I'm considering something like that but I'm worried that an 'overdose' would not be taken seriously.
Yeah. It's difficult to know what the best thing is to do.

T

Thiopentone31

Mar 30, 2021
I am not the one who have to judge and i could even understand this under some aspects but I don't think that's the right choice. If you want help and that's perfectly right ask for it

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
What method strikes the right balance between being destined to fail, easy to go through with, yet still something that will be taken seriously?
If you wanna be taken seriously, you're gonna have to suffer & end up in the hospital. OD on Tylenol & booze if you wanna puke for hours like a fool

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I don't think faking a CTB attempt will show you who your real friends are.

There are lots of people who will pretend to show sympathy and compassion in times of someone's distress to make themselves look good then go back to treating you like dirt when you're back to normal. Which one do you think is more genuine?

If you cannot already tell who is more of a friend by how they treat you already then I don't think this will tell you anything meaningful.

Reactions: byebyeburdee, brokenwaves, voyager and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think if you fake an attempt, it is likely that you will be put on some sort of suicide watch and then you wont be able to actually ctb. I personally wouldn't do it, but I guess we are all in different situations.

Yeah, it's not a good idea!
I failed to ctb last year and almost ended up in a psych ward. Instead, I was a "prisoner" in my parents' house for 6 months. Not good memories at all.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
The easiest way to fake it is to not do it at all, it also has the highest potential to not work.

But seriously, not recommended. It will cause a lot of emotional pain for a test and you will end up in a mental ward

Reactions: voyager, demuic and Ame
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
There are healthier, far less dangerous ways of figuring out who your genuine friends are than "faking" a suicide attempt. A "fake" attempt can still go horribly wrong, even if you take precautions.

If you are not certain you want to die, I strongly suggest not engaging in suicidal behaviour. Otherwise you are playing a dangerous game with your life, one that can end in death or with permanent brain damage or disability. If your sole motive is to see who your "true" friends are, it's not worth it. Please re-evaluate what your motives and wishes are, and consider less risky ways of ascertaining who you genuinely believe to be your friends.

Reactions: brokenwaves, Hattywacky, poisonedminds and 1 other person
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Like most everyone else, I highly recommend you don't do this.
Just because you don't die doesn't mean your attempt cant shatter the lives of people around you.
If you even have the slightest chance of any of your friends caring you should be a good friend yourself and not gamble their sanity.
edit: Not saying that I'm not here learning more about how to ctb- knowing it would hurt people, but sometimes it's better in the eyes of the people we left behind if they know we aren't suffering anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic
D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
EDMisgood

EDMisgood

A Visionary
Mar 15, 2021
You don' need to fake ctb to know who cares about you and who doesn't, just stop talking to them, it'll eventually show.

Reactions: FuneralCry and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?