• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
So, I'm in a psych ward and I wanna commit cbt by hanging. I want to make sure I faint as quickly as possible, but my resourches are limited being that I'm in a psych ward as mentioned (yes, phones are allowed here). The things I have aivabe to hang myself with currently is things like bed sheet, duvet sheet, blankets, clothes etc. My only option for tying the [Insert object here] is on the bathroom door knob. Witch of my aivable options will make me faint the quickest, and how do I wanna tie it?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Partial hanging may be practical.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

• Hugs
Reactions: Silent_cries
J

juraviel

PL
Aug 11, 2021
I know you didn't ask, but there's just no way you're going to find the peace of mind I imagine you want in your last moments, knowing that someone could walk in on you at any moment. I've been hospitalized myself many times, so I know. Why not wait until you're released. They can't hold you for long against your will. You might get someone from the staff fired as well, unnecessarily traumatize bystanders etc. I don't mean to make you feel bad, you're probably in a terrible state of mind as is, but it's simply my opinion that we should be mindful of others regardless of circumstances

• Love
Reactions: Solar1703, Lifeless mindset and Dear Agony
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
T
Partial hanging may be practical.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/
Tysm!
I know you didn't ask, but there's just no way you're going to find the peace of mind I imagine you want in your last moments, knowing that someone could walk in on you at any moment. I've been hospitalized myself many times, so I know. Why not wait until you're released. They can't hold you for long against your will. You might get someone from the staff fired as well, unnecessarily traumatize bystanders etc. I don't mean to make you feel bad, you're probably in a terrible state of mind as is, but it's simply my opinion that we should be mindful of others regardless of circumstances
I'll be ok, dw, and also I'll do it during the night, so I doubt anyone is gonna get fired, that sounds weird anyways.

Reactions: WitheringAway
C

celan

May 1, 2021
The risk of being found is too high in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: dyingalone123, Silent_cries, mustard_glass and 2 others
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
I would advise you not to do it. The things you find probably aren't sufficient (bed sheet, duvet sheet, blankets, clothes) because they are too thick. There's also a major risk of getting caught.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
The risk of being found is too high in my opinion.
At night they only check on me every 2nd hour at most, so I'm good, thanks. Don't you think I don't have a plan lol.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
They're not doing a very good job if you're able to ask this question

Reactions: settheory and NasiGoreng
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I would advise you not to do it. The things you find probably aren't sufficient (bed sheet, duvet sheet, blankets, clothes) because they are too thick. There's also a major risk of getting caught.
What if I cut the bed sheet into thinner pieces? I have a blade I could cut it with lol. I have an extra bed sheet so they won't notice, dw.
They're not doing a very good job if you're able to ask this question
Well, fortunately for me they are limitied coz of the law lol. Where I live we have rights to have our privacy lol XD

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Being unconscious isn't being the same as dead. You'll be found immediately. Don't do it!

• Hugs
C

celan

May 1, 2021
At night they only check on me every 2nd hour at most, so I'm good, thanks. Don't you think I don't have a plan lol.
But you could shake a lot, your body will move a bit and there could be convulsions. That will make a lot of noise. And if they find you after 7 minutes after you tried hanging your brain could be damaged.

You won't be in psychiatry forever so you better wait for a better opportunity. I don't want to tell you what to do, I just wan't to safe you from damage and pain that will increase your suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: NasiGoreng and Silent_cries
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Ik but it's hard to wait when life is so though, also, considering the fact that I'm going through trial and stuff I'll likely be stuck here for years anyways. I don't think I'll be able to wait for years either...
But you could shake a lot, your body will move a bit and there could be convulsions. That will make a lot of noise. And if they find you after 7 minutes after you tried hanging your brain could be damaged.

You won't be in psychiatry forever so you better wait for a better opportunity. I don't want to tell you what to do, I just wan't to safe you from damage and pain that will increase your suffering.

But if hanging is too risky, any other methods I could try that would be more likely to succeed? Any suggestions?
Ik but it's hard to wait when life is so though, also, considering the fact that I'm going through trial and stuff I'll likely be stuck here for years anyways. I don't think I'll be able to wait for years either...

But if hanging is too risky, any other methods I could try that would be more likely to succeed? Any suggestions?
Keep in mind that my resources are limited though

Last edited:
Reactions: celan
BreakTheCycle

BreakTheCycle

Life means suffering. Try to break the cycle.
Aug 6, 2021
If they are giving u any meds: dont swallow them. Spit them out and stash them.
Prepare your Rope. Find a place that will hold your weight. A spot where u can get everything setted up and could hang yourself without the meds. Somewhere they won't find you for a couple of hours. In the psych wards I've been u just need some time to figure out when the right time would be. When do they switch their shifts and stuff like this. The bed sheets make a good rope.
When u feel rdy u take all of the pills at the same time and hang yourself. The timing has to be right with the meds and the staff not looking for you.

Someone I met in psych ward ctb like this after he figured out a pretty good plan. He was a nice guy talked with him there for 2 weeks straight about everything that came to our mind. But he was done with this world and all its bullshit.

I wish u luck and strength my firend. May you find piece.

And like celan posted before maybe you can gather the strength to wait. To ctb in there rly doesn't sound appealing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: aviation, NearlyIrrelevantCake and Silent_cries
C

celan

May 1, 2021

Keep in mind that my resources are limited though
I was in a psychiatry myself quite a bit. But at some point you'll probably will get day release, where you can go out for 15 minutes or so without someone watching you. Then you just could escape and do it in the forest. Maybe it's possible to buy a strong rope in a hardware store.
But maybe that's not possible for you. Are you really sure you will be in the psychiatry or in jail for years? Sometimes some people, such as myself, see things too pessimistic.

• Hugs
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I was in a psychiatry myself quite a bit. But at some point you'll probably will get day release, where you can go out for 15 minutes or so without someone watching you. Then you just could escape and do it in the forest. Maybe it's possible to buy a strong rope in a hardware store.
But maybe that's not possible for you. Are you really sure you will be in the psychiatry or in jail for years? Sometimes some people, such as myself, see things too pessimistic.
You actually got me thinking there, If things go well I might be allowed a 1 day visit to my mom. Perhaps I could do it then lol, I mean, I'll have nurses with me, but I'm still pretty sure I'll get more privacy than in the psych ward, and even if I don't, I could easily sneak out one of the windows on 1st floor lmao. Idk if I wanna ruin the visit like that tho...

Tnx for the idea tho, I'll keep that in mind ;)
If they are giving u any meds: dont swallow them. Spit them out and stash them.
Prepare your Rope. Find a place that will hold your weight. A spot where u can get everything setted up and could hang yourself without the meds. Somewhere they won't find you for a couple of hours. In the psych wards I've been u just need some time to figure out when the right time would be. When do they switch their shifts and stuff like this. The bed sheets make a good rope.
When u feel rdy u take all of the pills at the same time and hang yourself. The timing has to be right with the meds and the staff not looking for you.

Someone I met in psych ward ctb like this after he figured out a pretty good plan. He was a nice guy talked with him there for 2 weeks straight about everything that came to our mind. But he was done with this world and all its bullshit.

I wish u luck and strength my firend. May you find piece.

And like celan posted before maybe you can gather the strength to wait. To ctb in there rly doesn't sound appealing.
Assuming ur talking about sedatives, then yeah, that's a great idea, the problem is that I've gotten caught stacking up before, so I have to wait until they trust me again, If I start stacking up again right away, I might get caught and I don't want that to happen lol. I guess I might have to wait after all lol, I was gonna do it together with a friend, so now I'll have to dissapoint them :/ But if doing it tonight means I wouldn't succeed anyways, then, what's the point? Ur definetely right about that. I'm truly thankfull for all the advice I'm getting though, tysm <3

Last edited:
C

celan

May 1, 2021
I've got some strange and creative ideas, just take them as a joke:

Starving: They'll probably realize that before you'll die.
Food poisoning: Collect some bread and let it mold. You probably won't die from it, but they'll put you in a hospital for some days, where you could leave easily.
Incite an inmate to kill you.
Collect some apple seeds that contain amygdalin which will degrade to hydrogen cyanide: You"ll probably won't get enough apples for that and it's not certain.
Water intoxication: Not reliable.

Obviously that's all bullshit. Don't do that. Your best choice is to escape when they'll let you out for a day.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I've got some strange and creative ideas, just take them as a joke:

Starving: They'll probably realize that before you'll die.
Food poisoning: Collect some bread and let it mold. You probably won't die from it, but they'll put you in a hospital for some days, where you could leave easily.
Incite an inmate to kill you.
Collect some apple seeds that contain amygdalin which will degrade to hydrogen cyanide: You"ll probably won't get enough apples for that and it's not certain.
Water intoxication: Not reliable.

Obviously that's all bullshit. Don't do that. Your best choice is to escape when they'll let you out for a day.
First off, I'm in a psych ward, not jail, so it's patient, not inmate lol.

About the food poisioning bit:
I highly doubt it would be that easy to just "leave" even if I was sent to the medical unit. They have separate units for pple who needs to be monitored more (ik, bc I was in the ICU for a paracetamol od once and they put me in a hightly monitored area where the nurses would just watch me from the other side of the wall witch was see-through as far as I can recall ), also, depending on the circumstances I'll likely be connected to lot's of tubes and wires and shit that would start beeping if I move or try to pull them off bc doing so makes the machine think I'm having a heart attack or something. So no, I wouldn't be able to "just leave". Nice try tho XD

And yes, ik it's a joke, ur funny lol, but I just wanted to point it out lol. XD