obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
Okay so like an hour or 2 ago I made a post about my addiction or road to it w clonazepam. I wanna hear your experiences and talk to you about them :)
Idk I just feel like without inpatient help I wont be able to do it cause I dont have that power of will, but at the same time someone on the other site said I can easily exceed the limit doctors would be comfortable giving you to taper u know.
Thoughts?

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
If you're asking about coming off clonazepam, then I'm not going to lie. It's hard. I was on 4mg for a long time and tried to get off them numerous times. I kindled myself a lot and eventually just bit the bullet and stopped them cold turkey. DO NOT DO THIS….. I am still suffering from memory loss, limb pain, tinnitus, nausea etc. etc.

Look up the Ashton manual and take that to your prescriber (if you have one). Proper withdrawal from my dose of 4mg will take around 18 months. You'll first be moved onto the equivalent dose of a less potent benzo, as that allows more control of the taper dose.

There's a low rate of success if you're thinking of going into a clinic for 2-4 weeks. The chances of relapse are high. Many doctors prescribe this shit without knowing what they're really prescribing or how to take someone off it. Even 'low' doses of 0.5mg take time and patience to reduce.

If you feel online forums help, try Benzo Buddies. If you're in the UK, postscript360 can help with a plan and talking to your prescriber.

I wish you the best of luck getting off them.