Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
So I mentioned this in another thread but my best friend killed herself almost 3 years ago by taking a costco sized bottle of Benadryl. I did not know this was lethal. I don't know if there was alcohol or other meds involved, that's just the snippet I overheard from her mom.

Benadryl (even at 100mg) doesn't even make me remotely sleepy when I take it for allergic reactions. Yay ADD! I wonder what it was like for her...

Reactions: Lra888
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
So I mentioned this in another thread but my best friend killed herself almost 3 years ago by taking a costco sized bottle of Benadryl. I did not know this was lethal. I don't know if there was alcohol or other meds involved, that's just the snippet I overheard from her mom.

Benadryl (even at 100mg) doesn't even make me remotely sleepy when I take it for allergic reactions. Yay ADD! I wonder what it was like for her...
Picture yourself Going to sleep,
And Not waking Up. . .
Hopefully it was that Simple for your Friend.
Sorry for your Loss.
I lost two friends to suicide,one was a self inflicted gunshot & the other hanged himself, I didn't understand at the time, but now I'm thinking about leaving one of the same ways as they did.

Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
Benadryl has NEVER made me sleepy. Once I took 200mg to try to counter an allergic reaction (ended up needing an epi pen anyway) and not even a yawn. Yaaaay ADD! Everything is backward!

Reactions: tearsinrain and whatmattersmost
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I live off Benadryl I go through a bottle of 600 pills in like two months been doing this for over two years .It affects me differently it relaxes my whole body and I feel spaced out but not in a tired way more like a high.

Reactions: whatmattersmost
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Benadryl has NEVER made me sleepy. Once I took 200mg to try to counter an allergic reaction (ended up needing an epi pen anyway) and not even a yawn. Yaaaay ADD! Everything is backward!
Have you tried something other then benadryl?
If you have a tolerance for it makes sense that it doesn't work.
I used to take Advil pm 1st couple times it worked, It stopped knocking Me out after using it for about a little over a week.
I want to get a Xanax script again.
When I was on tramadol Flexeril & Xanax I slept so Good i would Drool all over My pillow.

B

berry

Sep 10, 2018
Maybe not the best idea. I took 3 whole bottles and drank wine with it. I guess the equivalent of 8000 or 9000mg. I'm a petite person as well.

Instead of going to sleep I left my bed, I drove myself around town and blacked out in a random neighborhood (perfectly parked). I was told I was in a coma, it took me 2 days to wake up. They also pumped my stomach.

I proceeded to have intense hallucinations in the hospital as soon as I woke up for 3 days straight. Centipedes crawling on every surface possible, my ex laughing, the sound of a taser, seeing my door rumble from being knocked. Weird stuff, and you can't ground yourself bc you are delirious. Do not recommend, from poor experience.

Reactions: akosineenee, dreamofme and whatmattersmost
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
I live off Benadryl I go through a bottle of 600 pills in like two months been doing this for over two years .It affects me differently it relaxes my whole body and I feel spaced out but not in a tired way more like a high.
I would have that Spacey feeling when waking up after taking the AdvilPM.
How many benadryl do you take at once?

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Anywhere from 2 to 4 and I take 2 more about every hour or two. I've taken 10 at once and drank half a bottle of gin. I can't take more than what I take or it gives me breathing issues.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Maybe not the best idea. I took 3 whole bottles and drank wine with it. I guess the equivalent of 8000 or 9000mg. I'm a petite person as well.

Instead of going to sleep I left my bed, I drove myself around town and blacked out in a random neighborhood (perfectly parked). I was told I was in a coma, it took me 2 days to wake up. They also pumped my stomach.

I proceeded to have intense hallucinations in the hospital as soon as I woke up for 3 days straight. Centipedes crawling on every surface possible, my ex laughing, the sound of a taser, seeing my door rumble from being knocked. Weird stuff, and you can't ground yourself bc you are delirious. Do not recommend, from poor experience.
Were you trying to end it!?
Or just get stupid high!?

B

berry

Sep 10, 2018
Were you trying to end it!?
Or just get stupid high!?
I was trying to do a sleep.

But then that happened.

I think if my body didn't try to drive Ms. Daisy, there would have been a better outcome.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Did you find out what caused the hallucinations a full three Days later?
Hallucination might be my all time biggest Fears.
If you would've driven into water & passed out, wouldn't have been so bad if you lost consciousness.
I lost a Good friend roughly three Years ago in a similar way, I don't think it was purposely, He was Drunk & drove directly into a retention pond.

B

berry

Sep 10, 2018
One of the side effects of diphenhydramine is delirium. I must have had some time to process it before the ambulance picked me up and stomach pumped out.

It's the worst kind of trip, tbh. Seeing, hearing weird stuff and bc you're so high legs full on noodle, you can't run to cower away from the hallucinations. Looking crazy at everyone bc you can't rationalize what is going on and you can't even speak--just word salad.

I'm sorry about your friend. I feel like drowning is too much. Instinct to survive would go into overdrive.

Reactions: akosineenee, whatmattersmost and dreamofme
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Why?
Sleep?
High?
Both?
How many should I take to get the Spacey feeling!?
I Love that that feeling.
It doesn't make me sleep
And yes I get a type of high
It might not work for you like it does me and suboxone that I take think changes how Benadryl affects me.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
One of the side effects of diphenhydramine is delirium. I must have had some time to process it before the ambulance picked me up and stomach pumped out.

It's the worst kind of trip, tbh. Seeing, hearing weird stuff and bc you're so high legs full on noodle, you can't run to cower away from the hallucinations. Looking crazy at everyone bc you can't rationalize what is going on and you can't even speak--just word salad.

I'm sorry about your friend. I feel like drowning is too much. Instinct to survive would go into overdrive.
If you're knocked unconscious from the impact, that would be idea.
If Not that would've been a panic attack/horrible Death, since it was My friend I Hope He was unconscious, better yet wish He was still alive.
Unfortunately we cannot turn back time.
Before I got rid of my Gun collection I would feel Suicidal often, now I have No Guns & am Suicidal Daily, could HangSelf, I halfway tried with an an extension choose and it killed My Neck-No pun intended, I just don't know

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
It doesn't make me sleep
And yes I get a type of high
It might not work for you like it does me and suboxone that I take think changes how Benadryl affects me.
I switched from Suboxone to tramadol, and was able to stop taking the tramadol's about 6months ago My life has been Non existence, I thought my life would be better now that I'm sober & it's actually worse b/c I was a functioning addict, Now I do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I need to get back on meds just to try and live a normal Life but I'm an addict

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I switched from Suboxone to tramadol, and was able to stop taking the tramadol's about 6months ago My life has been Non existence, I thought my life would be better now that I'm sober & it's actually worse b/c I was a functioning addict, Now I do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I need to get back on meds just to try and live a normal Life but I'm an addict
Ya know what you mean I'm addicted to suboxone every time I get off it I lose all energy to do anything and just sleep

Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
Have you tried something other then benadryl?
If you have a tolerance for it makes sense that it doesn't work.
I used to take Advil pm 1st couple times it worked, It stopped knocking Me out after using it for about a little over a week.
I want to get a Xanax script again.
When I was on tramadol Flexeril & Xanax I slept so Good i would Drool all over My pillow.

I rarely take it. Just when I have allergy problems. I have ADHD/ADD though so these things tend to work in reverse for me (I take Adderall to control it and I can sleep right after I take it sometimes - I've been known to take my second dose right before I go to bed - it has zero effect on my sleep. Mind, I take Thorazine, Klonopin, Methocarbamol (muscle relaxer), Baclofen (also muscle relaxer), Morphine, and Dilaudid in order to FALL asleep. I have really, really really bad insomnia.