• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dgafajwd

Jan 1, 2024
What is the difference in freedoms in going in voluntarily vs involuntary? Im in the UK.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Involuntary you can't leave again until they say. Voluntary you can self discharge.

Good luck getting a place though. The government doesn't care about suicidal people.

Most MH units have a very long waiting list for voluntary patients, sometimes 1 year +

D

Dgafajwd

Jan 1, 2024
My mental health worker has said that it'll be urgent if they decide for me to go in. If need be I'll be placed in a normal hospital ward until there's space for me in the MH ward

• Hugs
D

Dgafajwd

Jan 1, 2024
Are there any other differences? My MH worker is pretty determined to put me in there. She's wanting me to go in voluntarily. But I'm thinking about refusing until they decide that I have to go in and I don't have a choice. In that time, I'm hoping I would be able to kill myself.

• Hugs
bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
If they offer you to go voluntarily, I would always always always do that over being sectioned.

When you're sectioned you cannot leave, may not get any leave to go outside, can be pinned down and forced medication, not a lot of choice in your care and no rights or freedom basically. Your driving license will be taken away.

Although usually if you go in voluntarily they may section you anyway if you try and leave.

Avoid hospital if you can as they are horrible and (I personally) do not believe they help you recover or offer therapy as it's just a holding cell with meds, but if you can't, always go voluntarily as you would have more freedom.

No one wants to be sectioned, and refusing to go into hospital when they offer a voluntary admission is stupid because why would you want your rights and freedom to be taken away? not worth it imo

D

Dgafajwd

Jan 1, 2024
How likely is it that ill be placed somewhere near me and not hundreds of miles away?