dragalia_xp

dragalia_xp

Dragonblood Prince
Nov 1, 2023
This would be my first post on this place! I've been told to stay away but honestly, I couldn't. This place seems really refreshing, not nearly as "cultish" as people make it.

This leads into my main issue with people, however. I guess I've always felt like people misunderstand my reasons to die. I know it is selfish, and I am aware how many people care about and love me. But despite this, I just feel no reason to stay. I am here as long as I am solely because of the people who support me. I truly believe I'm, idk blessed(?), to have what I have. But every day, I feel this should have gone to someone better. Stronger. Someone with more drive and motivation. Greater goals and aspirations. Someone that, basically, isn't me. I sit and do what the most stereotypical teenage boy does, as I am now merely 18. Games, Discord, eating, anime and sleeping. What a life right? But people always make me out to be the culmination of all my problems. Don't they think I know that? But then I'm not allowed to hate myself. I can't seem to win haha.

Does anyone else just feel lost? Misunderstood? Feel like everyone they talk to just tells them that it is only up to you to make your life better, and you just don't want to make your life better? Cause that's how I'm feeling. Maybe it's just me, and I'm about to find out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abandoned Character, Old Friend, godsseepiestsoldier and 3 others
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I'm pretty new here as well. People here are pretty analytical for the most part. I view it as a place to discuss the philosophy Of suicidality And ethics behind everything involved. Most people are actually not very well equipped to handle these sorts of conversations your friends and family will have a mental breakdown Or just end up really stressed out at hearing you talk about catching the bus all the time. Psychiatrists and therapists will talk to you about it but they're bound very much so by legal obligations to make sure that you never actually do anything and that hinders the discussion.

Most people have an outlook that you always need to choose life In a very extremist way and if you never had the option to go the other way then you never really had a choice. I think the media has demonized this website and form to make them seem like they will brainwash you into hurting yourself But I think if you're happy with your life people on this form couldn't be more happy for you. However if things aren't so great people are open to having a conversation about that as well Which I think is pretty important.

I think what I've gained trim this form is people communicating that suicidality is a rational logical choice instead of a mental illness. Anyone can have their life deteriorate enough where they will eventually consider the need to catch the bus so to speak. Society saying that these conversations are always wrong Is probably the most unempathetic way to go about it.

Anyway Me personally I feel misunderstood yeah. However I think that's mostly a limitation of the human mind. You can only expect people to simulate a corrupted version of you in their head it's only a small 5% percentage of what you even were. If it's even accurate to that degree. You can try to be understood by people and understand other people as long as you're OK with the realization that it will not work. With that said there is merit to trying To understand others.

Take care of yourself I hope you're able to find your path.

Reactions: ABSOLUTION
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
It can be frustrating, yeah. I do advise you to just go out there and try finding things if you truly feel like dying. There's nothing to lose at that point even if things don't work out.
Is there anything you wish you could do or something you wish you had?

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
I hear what you're saying entirely. I guess because I am also a boy that is 18.
And yeah, I feel misunderstood too. I don't bother explaining my problems anymore.
I don't know what else to say though, other than that I hope that you won't end up spending the rest of your life on this forum (if you know what I mean).
It doesn't sound like you are too far gone (from my perspective anyway). I would say you have some hope, but ultimately you know if that is or isn't the case more than I do.