• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
My biggest problem is the model for the profession and the shaping of it's culture from influence of big pharma lobbiest. Physicians who try to think outside the box and encourages alternative or natural remedies are oftentimes labeled a quack and becomes shunned within the medical community.

An example of this is what happened with Dr. Oz. Some of his colleagues at Columbia tried to get him fired for promoting "unproven" remedies. Sceptical Chupacabra assumes those signing the letter seeking Dr. Oz's dismissal have financial interests from big pharma in the form of grants and research dollars and/or consulting fees.

Dr. Oz ended up testifying before congress and defended his methods.

I've read endlessly about alternative and natural remedies for my various health almients and in the comment sections I can almost always spot someone from within the medical machinery, most likely someone from big pharma, writing an eloquent essay as to how the suggested alternative treatment being discussed is complete B.S.

There is actually a web site called Quack Watch, or something similar, which is run by a retired physician who goes around listing and attacking everyone who tries to think outside the box from within the medical community. I'd be really curious to learn what pharmaceutical companies support this person's endeavors.

Bottom line, the medical model is outdated and needs revamping. Pharmaceuticals are not the answer for most of today's health issues. No doubt big pharma understands this and does all it can to circle its wagons to defend its financial interests.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465