nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
how could anyone be happy in this world? people will be diagnosed with cancer, unable to walk, or go through a war and suffer from ptsd and still talk about how wonderful being on this planet is. what am i supposed to think other than that its a massive delusion that everyone is trying to fool themselves into? what am i supposed to think? "oh, thank you mom and dad for spontaneously deciding to fuck one day so you could feel good for an hour or two, now i get to play monkey games for the next 60 years while i wait to experience the sheer terror that will come from dying of a heart attack". humanity is a bunch of corpse-puppets fueled by selfish primitive desires living on borrowed time. happy people are all a bunch of self-deluded sociopaths that dont care about anyone but themselves, its unbelievable to me that the average state of a human being isnt complete dread or complete boredom.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, vampire2002 and 16 others
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
If you can delude yourself into being happy, then that makes the time you spend waiting for death more bearable.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 4 others
SpacexJunkie

SpacexJunkie

Oct 17, 2023
Programming is my solution. The only thing that makes sense to me in any way is simulation theory. Try to think of it like this, if everyone reacted the same way to everything, can free will exist? the awnser is no. If everyone had forced reactions, then you are programmed. Whether it was mean't to happen or not at some point in time humans were either programmed from birth, programmed after, or you are constantly being programmed. The only things we know that are programmed from birth, is DnA which is random, so this adds evidence that we have some sort of freedom, not in choice, but randomness. in my view randomness could be described as free will, but what so many people view as "heaven" is often described almost as if it's predetermined, God made the choice and you have no choice besides following God. I do not accept this though, I believe in Karma, and that everyone will get what they deserve. for some it will be love and joy and peace and comfort in others, some it will be solemn in sadness, some will be indifferent in nothingness. I think as long as bad people roam the earth, it will keep going. Life will go on. either here or somewhere else in the expanse of our universe. but I thoroughly believe everyone will get what they asked for, actions speak louder than words, and we will all get the appropriate action taken against us whether good or bad for us, because of our actions. therefore, thats why I think everyone reacts different, and some can be happy while others feel nothing in this life. But nobody really knows we all just spinning on a globe using made up languages to try to make sense of everything. Same way animals are random and have they're own skillsets and traits too.

Reactions: sserafim and carac
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Human existence is one of suffering.
Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded or is lying to themselves.
This is why people have to use so many distractions to get through life.
Life is pointless, meaningless and nothing matters at the end of it all.

Reactions: sserafim, MyExistenceMyChoice, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't know really. I think some people force themselves to be positive but I wonder if- for others, it's genuine. I wonder if some brains are just more naturally optimistic than others. Maybe it's genetic. Maybe it's learnt. Maybe they already had good things in life before the bad things came along. I get the impression a lot of people here have had bad experiences from the start. Other people openly blame their ideation on mental illness. It's hard to know really. I wouldn't say all happy people are stupid though.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Being happy is how our brain is supposed to be wired, science has proven that no normal creature should want to end its life

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン and asian.neet
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Being happy is lack of empathy amirite?
How can you smile while some animal is being chewed up as we speak, and some person got a painful accident or disease.

Stop being selfish psychopaths happy people :).
Being happy is how our brain is supposed to be wired, science has proven that no normal creature should want to end its life
You need scenarios for that chief and no, science doesn't say you are supposed to be happy all the time. If someone is tearing your body limb for limb you won't be happy. If I take your food and you starve you won't be happy. If I put you in gaza rn you won't be happy.

You can only be happy if you live in a bubble with your needs met and ignore the rest of the world. But nothing is forever. It will catch up to you too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Cuppatea856, floralheaddress and 1 other person
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Programming is my solution. The only thing that makes sense to me in any way is simulation theory. Try to think of it like this, if everyone reacted the same way to everything, can free will exist? the awnser is no. If everyone had forced reactions, then you are programmed. Whether it was mean't to happen or not at some point in time humans were either programmed from birth, programmed after, or you are constantly being programmed. The only things we know that are programmed from birth, is DnA which is random, so this adds evidence that we have some sort of freedom, not in choice, but randomness. in my view randomness could be described as free will, but what so many people view as "heaven" is often described almost as if it's predetermined, God made the choice and you have no choice besides following God. I do not accept this though, I believe in Karma, and that everyone will get what they deserve. for some it will be love and joy and peace and comfort in others, some it will be solemn in sadness, some will be indifferent in nothingness. I think as long as bad people roam the earth, it will keep going. Life will go on. either here or somewhere else in the expanse of our universe. but I thoroughly believe everyone will get what they asked for, actions speak louder than words, and we will all get the appropriate action taken against us whether good or bad for us, because of our actions. therefore, thats why I think everyone reacts different, and some can be happy while others feel nothing in this life. But nobody really knows we all just spinning on a globe using made up languages to try to make sense of everything. Same way animals are random and have they're own skillsets and traits too.
Interesting reading your thoughts on free will and karma, very similar to my own thoughts and feelings. It's a very deep and philosophical subject, I try not too think about it too much now as I think you can get caught up obsessing over it when it feels like it's impossible that we will ever find an answer. I think now I just take life as it is, a weird random mess and try to get through each day at a time

Reactions: sserafim, deathxo and WAITING TO DIE
SpacexJunkie

SpacexJunkie

Oct 17, 2023
How can you smile while some animal is being chewed up as we speak, and some person got a painful accident or disease.

You need scenarios for that chief and no, science doesn't say you are supposed to be happy all the time. If someone is tearing your body limb for limb you won't be happy. If I take your food and you starve you won't be happy. If I put you in gaza rn you won't be happy.

You can only be happy if you live in a bubble with your needs met and ignore the rest of the world. But nothing is forever. It will catch up to you too.
I would argue the brain is mean't to be happy, otherwise it wouldn't have the capacity to be happy, certain people are just mean't to experience varying levels of happiness. I agree though not all the time, obviously other emotions kick in, but every brain is supposed to have happiness other than genuine psychopaths, and hey I've seen videos that say medieval times they REALLY loved psychopaths because they elected them as they're leaders. Lmao.

Reactions: sserafim
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I think a major weakness of the site is the echo chamber it nurtures. Of course there's happy people out there, not everyone is as devoid of positivity as we are. Yeah, you could become depressed by thinking about the horrors of the world, but whats the point of doing that if you can't actively help ease the suffering anyway? This is why a lot of people I know stopped reading the news, to end that cycle of depression with no meaning. Ignorance is bliss.
I think within the meaningless, if you are happy with the way you are living, than that gives you reason to live. After all, why kill yourself if you're enjoying your time here, even if in the end it's all meaningless?
If someone is tearing your body limb for limb you won't be happy. If I take your food and you starve you won't be happy. If I put you in gaza rn you won't be happy.
Mr. Darkness didn't mean literally "the brain is meant to be happy all the time". He meant a normal brain experiences more happiness as compared to a suicidal brain (which I think you can agree with). Now an issue arises when the "normal" brain encounters a situation that makes it suicidal, as you stated, but the majority of the time I think Mr. Darkness is right in saying suicidal ideation usually comes from a flawed brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: movinout17, アホペンギン, moondazed and 1 other person
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think a major weakness of the site is the echo chamber it nurtures. Of course there's happy people out there, not everyone is as devoid of positivity as we are. Yeah, you could become depressed by thinking about the horrors of the world, but whats the point of doing that if you can't actively help ease the suffering anyway? This is why a lot of people I know stopped reading the news, to end that cycle of depression with no meaning. Ignorance is bliss.

I think within the meaningless, if you are happy with the way you are living, than that gives you reason to live. After all, why kill yourself if you're enjoying your time here, even if in the end it's all meaningless?

Mr. Darkness didn't mean literally "the brain is meant to be happy all the time". He meant a normal brain experiences more happiness as compared to a suicidal brain (which I think you can agree with). Now an issue arises when the "normal" brain encounters a situation that makes it suicidal, as you stated, but the majority of the time I think Mr. Darkness is right in saying suicidal ideation usually comes from a flawed brain.
You admit that ignorance is needed to be happy then? Why is ignorance a sign of a good brain and non ignorance sign of a "flawed" brain? You not being aware of what is going on doesn't change the reality for beings that suffer.

And not every suffering can be helped, you being around misfortune won't magically solve it either.

I would argue the brain is mean't to be happy, otherwise it wouldn't have the capacity to be happy, certain people are just mean't to experience varying levels of happiness. I agree though not all the time, obviously other emotions kick in, but every brain is supposed to have happiness other than genuine psychopaths, and hey I've seen videos that say medieval times they REALLY loved psychopaths because they elected them as they're leaders. Lmao.
By that logic brain is meant to be sad as well because we wouldn't have capacity to be sad otherwise.

Look we can ignore reality as much as we want but being comfortable is not feasible for every being, and that doesn't make their brain "flawed". Put any being around misfortune and you will see how they turn out in that kind of environment.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, floralheaddress and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023

Absolutely right.
You admit that ignorance is needed to be happy then? Why is ignorance a sign of a good brain and non ignorance sign of a "flawed" brain? You not being aware of what is going on doesn't change the reality for beings that suffer.

And not every suffering can be helped, you being around misfortune won't magically solve it either.

By that logic brain is meant to be sad as well because we wouldn't have capacity to be sad otherwise.

Look we can ignore reality as much as we want but being comfortable is not feasible for every being, and that doesn't make their brain "flawed". Put any being around misfortune and you will see how they turn out in that kind of environment.
Happiness is a state of delusion.
Happiness is an illusion, just like love: it doesn't exist, it's just chemical reactions in the brain,.
It's purely subjective: it all depends on brain chemistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Absolutely right.

Happiness is a state of delusion.

Happiness is an illusion, just like love: it doesn't exist, it's just chemical reactions in the brain,.

It's purely subjective: it all depends on brain chemistry.
I think we are thinking too much in black and white sometimes. I wouldn't call happiness less or more valid than any other emotion if I am being honest. It is good to feel good but in the end it is just a feeling like any other.

It just is.

I was arguing that being happy is not sustainable and that it needs circumstances and less focus on bigger picture.

I don't want to turn this into us vs them but maybe I was a bit playful and inconsiderate with my words before so I apologise to others. But tbf some of them think being suicidal is a brain flaw. Which I disagree with. It is neither a flaw nor a good thing.

I do personally think that non existence is the best option tho (not being born). It prevents happiness sure but it also prevents tons of beings suffering and everyone being doomed to decay and death. It is my opinion and I am ok with people disagreeing and arguing their points.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and voyager
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe that such a thing as happiness even exists, it's certainly a delusion to me, I certainly see any happiness in this harmful and futile process of slowly decaying from age as being irrational. To have the ability to exist is a terrible curse and it disgusts me how many humans so insensitively glorify it so much, procreation is criminal to me, those who procreate lack any awareness.
It's tragic how they cause so much harm by forcing life into this world where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, humans will always be the worst species.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
SpacexJunkie

SpacexJunkie

Oct 17, 2023

I never said it was, im only saying the human brain was mean't to experience happiness, and yes i agree with you it was meant to experience sadness aswell. everyone should feel those emotions unless someone doesn't have these deeper felt emotions, aka psychopaths. I never once said anyones brain is flawed, as a matter of fact I argued psychopaths were much needed in the past thats why they were leaders.

Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
how could anyone be happy in this world? people will be diagnosed with cancer, unable to walk, or go through a war and suffer from ptsd and still talk about how wonderful being on this planet is. what am i supposed to think other than that its a massive delusion that everyone is trying to fool themselves into? what am i supposed to think? "oh, thank you mom and dad for spontaneously deciding to fuck one day so you could feel good for an hour or two, now i get to play monkey games for the next 60 years while i wait to experience the sheer terror that will come from dying of a heart attack". humanity is a bunch of corpse-puppets fueled by selfish primitive desires living on borrowed time. happy people are all a bunch of self-deluded sociopaths that dont care about anyone but themselves, its unbelievable to me that the average state of a human being isnt complete dread or complete boredom.
Exactly this. It's toxic positivity as its finest! I feel like it's worse to lie to yourself about your feelings, personally.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
Friendly fire bro, this is what I'm talking abt tho with the echo chamber. Anything that doesn't go with the death = good opinion immediately gets labelled as prolifer. I think suffering is a reason for ctb (although any well thought out reason is justified) and happiness is the ultimate reason to live. You don't have to agree, but don't immediately lash out at any opinion you don't agree with. We're allowed to view our lives differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
Saxenomorph

Saxenomorph

Life's not fair, is it?
Mar 2, 2023
It's even funnier when you get hated for suffering due to being thoughtful and caring, but those happy and careless idiots who always walk over the people get all the love and admiration. Humans are indeed just some flesh toys who can be easily manipulated to do and think anything, nothing special like most people think. No reason to be alive.

Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Friendly fire bro, this is what I'm talking abt tho with the echo chamber. Anything that doesn't go with the death = good opinion immediately gets labelled as prolifer. I think suffering is a reason for ctb (although any well thought out reason is justified) and happiness is the ultimate reason to live. You don't have to agree, but don't immediately lash out at any opinion you don't agree with. We're allowed to view our lives differently.
You're on fucking Sanctioned Suicide you dumbfuck, what sort of reaction were you expecting? For me to get down on choke on your smelly hairy dick for acknowledging that happiness feels good?

I wish I had a reason to be happy but the world is so shitty and full of suffering that there is literally no reason to be happy at all. I'm pretty sure that's the main fucking reason 99.99% of us are here, minus retarded cripples like you who come along just to shit all over us for having a slightly different view of the world to you. It's not like most people here haven't gotten enough of that in real life already.

You're a fucking idiot, you know nothing, you're just a worthless sheltered piece of shit like every other pro-life fuckface out there. Now fuck off and go back to making that shitty YouTube expose on this forum that I'm sure you're in the process of finishing right now.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and FadingSunshine
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I think to some extent ignorance IS necessary, does that make the happiness felt any less real? Btw I'm not sure if what I'm saying is correct, I'm just trying to understand all points of view. I think temporary ignorance (or forgetfullness) is necessary to feel happiness when confronted with a massive tragedy, like gaza. I say this because I tend to do this with my own ideas of nihilism: I apply them when times get tough, suddenly the negative aspects of my life don't logically matter. But when I'm actually happy, I won't use the nihilism thought train, and I'll enjoy the moment.
I bring this up because there MUST be people out there aware of the suffering worldwide and still feel happy, I'm wondering if it's something similar where during the day they unintentionally (or intentonally) "forget" the suffering and are able to enjoy the day. Like people can't be going around all day thinking of horrible tragedies that they know, right? And should they? What kind of existence would that be where you're constantly reminded of the tragedies of the past and present.
Idk, that's just how I thought of it, interested to hear others opinions.

• Hugs
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I'm not sure if what I'm saying is correct
Spoiler alert, it's not. Nothing you're saying is correct.

If people are happy despite all the suffering in the world, then they're just retarded, like you.

I have so much fucking anger and hatred for people like you who come along and say shit like this. You're so fucking sheltered and privileged that you actually think we can just be happy or be optimistic or whatever the fuck. Your life is even more fucking worthless than the rest of our lives are. I genuinely wish the fucking worst for you. I hope your life is filled with endless hurt and pain and suffering so that you know what it feels like for everyone else here.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and FadingSunshine
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Fuck outta here pro-lifer. I hope your retarded ass catches the bus before the rest of us do.
This is unnecessary, we can discuss things in civil manner.
I think to some extent ignorance IS necessary, does that make the happiness felt any less real? Btw I'm not sure if what I'm saying is correct, I'm just trying to understand all points of view. I think temporary ignorance (or forgetfullness) is necessary to feel happiness when confronted with a massive tragedy, like gaza. I say this because I tend to do this with my own ideas of nihilism: I apply them when times get tough, suddenly the negative aspects of my life don't logically matter. But when I'm actually happy, I won't use the nihilism thought train, and I'll enjoy the moment.
I bring this up because there MUST be people out there aware of the suffering worldwide and still feel happy, I'm wondering if it's something similar where during the day they unintentionally (or intentonally) "forget" the suffering and are able to enjoy the day. Like people can't be going around all day thinking of horrible tragedies that they know, right? And should they? What kind of existence would that be where you're constantly reminded of the tragedies of the past and present.
Idk, that's just how I thought of it, interested to hear others opinions.
But they can go around asking of others to just be "happy" regardless of their situation? Lock people up and pump poison in their bodies because they decided to escape the existence?

I think I was clear in my point. Average are free to live life in ignorance if they want to but that doesn't invalidate suffering of others.

FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
Spoiler alert, it's not. Nothing you're saying is correct.

If people are happy despite all the suffering in the world, then they're just retarded, like you.

I have so much fucking anger and hatred for people like you who come along and say shit like this. You're so fucking sheltered and privileged that you actually think we can just be happy or be optimistic or whatever the fuck. Your life is even more fucking worthless than the rest of our lives are. I genuinely wish the fucking worst for you. I hope your life is filled with endless hurt and pain and suffering so that you know what it feels like for everyone else here.
Yeah, I'm probably not the worst one off here, but I still have a place here.
When did I say happiness and optimism is easy to obtain. I said it EXISTS, saying there is no happiness or optimism in the world AT ALL is a logical fallacy.
And that was just my theory about what might be going on in someone's head that knows suffering exists but still experiences happiness. Saying no-one who knows the suffering is taking place will ever be happy again in their life, would be equivalent to saying anyone who picks up a newspaper will never be happy again, obviously false. I was just exploring why that might be.

Listen, I really don't know what I did to make you so angry, maybe I misunderstood what someone said or something? But voicing my (non-prolifer) opinion shouldn't be met with a personal assault. Obviously a block of text saying mean words doesn't matter to me, but I'm worried for friends on here that have gone into sh episodes and huge panic attacks over people like you. It's not ok to address people like that on the forum, there's a lot of sensitive people here and you don't know what kind of effect your words may have on the person on the other side of the screen. Please man we're on the same side here, I don't understand where you got the idea that I'm a prolifer. You can look at my history and decide for yourself. Just please be more gentle with your words to people on this forum.
But they can go around asking of others to just be "happy" regardless of their situation? Lock people up and pump poison in their bodies because they decided to escape the existence?

I think I was clear in my point. Average are free to live life in ignorance if they want to but that doesn't invalidate suffering of others.
Ah sorry I must not have picked up on your point before. I was mostly just talking abt denying that happiness EXISTS, but I believe suicide should be less taboo. I think it will in the far future, because I think more people will come to the conclusion of nihilism as it's really one of the few true constants in the universe imo.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I don't feel this is an echochamber, we can and do disagree. And yes, pro-lifers are assholes and there's plenty of people here who view suicide favourably but the crux of the matter is self-determination and surely that includes freedom of expression as well. At least to me the comments made weren't pro-lifish.

The last sentence is indeed the point, because I've heard the aforementioned argument in reverse too. There's so many people worse off than us, so why not just be happy?? Err, no. Think we have to draw the line there. If that were the case none of us would be entitled to any sort of emotion at all. Suffering, but thereby happiness too, can only be a subjective and personal matter. Which may be selfish, but ultimately we are individuals and can't let our entire being be dependent on external sources, especially when it's against our will. Which is why suicide is a personal choice, or should be, and that's the contradiction right there.

On topic:

Have experienced both worlds, happiness and suffering, and unlike the former the latter does indeed seem a bottomless pit. It's ridiculous, but in a sense we're still better off at this moment right here, because potentially it can always get worse and that's just fucked up. One size doesnt fit all and plenty of other reasons aside (e.g. philosophical), I really do believe some of our brains are malfunctioning. Mine is for sure, because I do remember what it was like before and after the ordeal. That doesn't mean though that we're deranged, as many claim we are, but simply suffering from a tragic but perfectly normal physical disability. Problems is it's life shattering one and society thinks some platitudes and tinkering is enough to fix it. They might as well throw therapy and pills at someone stuck in a wheelchair and expect them to walk. It's the same thing, except they wouldn't get locked up for not being able to. It's just arrogance and superficiality on society's part and the perpetual inability to admit they don't have a clue in what they're doing, but since it pays well everything's fine.

I don't think our brains are meant to be happy or unhappy per se. There's plenty of supposedly "normal" people out there who are plain miserable and yet wouldn't contemplate suicide. To me the change was like an injury, say a root canal infection. It hurts so bad, so much so in fact that you can't think of anything but the pain. It follows you through the day and keeps you awake at night. But unlike in reality that tooth never gets pulled and the inflammation just spreads along further. But before that everything was normal. Not good, not bad, just balanced. There's more to it ofc, but balance seems to be at the heart of the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlannedforPeru and Praestat_Mori
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Fuck outta here pro-lifer. I hope your retarded ass catches the bus before the rest of us do.
thats just fucked, bro you def gonna get banned if you say others deserve to die, i get it your mad at the world, but throwing your anger at others wont solve anything

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting, アホペンギン and Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Literally. I don't understand how people are happy in this world. I don't see anything enjoyable about adult life or adulthood. You're basically a slave for 60 years before you die, forced to work and pay bills, taxes and the various other costs of existence. I say the happy people are just drinking the copium and hopium. Anyone who's happy being a wageslave is delusional.
The thing I hate the most is that nothing matters. All of this pain and suffering for nothing. It was for no meaning or greater purpose. Life is honestly a pointless curse. It's just a cruel game that we were thrust into against our will.
So true. It's honestly just an illusion. It's just your dopamine and serotonin

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Caramelized and WAITING TO DIE