• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Existence is cruel and cool
Apr 19, 2024
Ths = mst imprtnt questn imo
There are two questions. Or where you just referring to both?
If u r usng SaSu bcse u r suicdl fr reasns includng wht u hve dscribd thn tht = fne -- u cn alrdy C tht th/ cmmunty = spportve & undrstndng of mny 'neg8tve' thghts & b-havrs
I am suicidal, otherwise I wouldn't have come here looking for resources.
If u hve joind fr vyeuristc & gratficatn reasns thn tht = anothr questn al2gethr & in thse circsmtncs protectn of th/ cmmunty wll b mde a priorty
Apologies, but I'm not quite sure what "vyeuristc" means. As for gratification reasons, no, I didn't come here for that per se. Although I will admit it's refreshing to be among people who feel as low as I do.

Not sure if you were wanting me to respond to your reply that was likely intended as a reply to that other person, but I guess I feel scrutinized and needed to reply to you since you're a mod. I'm guessing you were just responding to them in trying to make them feel safe now that you are on the scene.

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
I didn't say you were my ex
My bad, I thought that's what you meant when it seemed you were calling me (or my image or whatever) "oh hi, ex-boyfriend." My bad.
and I'm not 'excommunicating' anyone - you're self describing as a sadist.
Yes, I'm self-describing a part of my identity as a sadist. I'm trying to be open and civil about my shortcomings. I'm trying to better understand myself, which I think starts by being understood, hence my discussion post. To (as you later say) drive me out is in a sense excomminicating me for who I am.
I'm not 'confused' and obviously not my fault. I find it hilarious that you cherry picked the things about 'me' and my response rather than read the truth around sadism and your attitude.
Well, you accidentlly misinterpreted my "cruel and cool" tag (or whatever it's called), and I did say it wasn't your fault. Don't get salty. And I'm not denying the truth of my sadistic nature; I'm trying to understand it better. Also, what am I cherry picking?
Like I said, I hope you're driven from the board. The 'sadism is cool' vibe is extremely distasteful.
Well, I'm in contact with the mods, so we'll see. Sorry to know we're in a sort of conflict with each other. And to clarify: sadism isn't cool, existence is cool (at times).

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
In my opinion, no topics should be avoided in places like this.

The challenge is that this board has people who live with trauma as a result of sadistic people. I get we should be open-minded, but this isn't SanctionedSadism - it's not right to have people talking about the end for them because of their trauma and someone saying 'Is it bad that I enjoy people's suffering?' Many of us - including myself - have been victims of violence and/or intimate partner violence at the hands of sadistic people. The OP knows it's bad to enjoy people's suffering - I suspect they may be doing it for attention in the guise of 'research'. I suppose if they were a cluster B personality disorder person they may not know, but the community's protection from violence matters more. There are discussion boards for sadism. The OP is welcomed to be there. If there are more posts like this, I won't feel safe.

Reactions: innominesatanas44
cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
The challenge is that this board has people who live with trauma as a result of sadistic people. I get we should be open-minded, but this isn't SanctionedSadism - it's not right to have people talking about the end for them because of their trauma and someone saying 'Is it bad that I enjoy people's suffering?' Many of us - including myself - have been victims of violence and/or intimate partner violence at the hands of sadistic people. The OP knows it's bad to enjoy people's suffering - I suspect they may be doing it for attention in the guise of 'research'. I suppose if they were a cluster B personality disorder person they may not know, but the community's protection from violence matters more. There are discussion boards for sadism. The OP is welcomed to be there. If there are more posts like this, I won't feel safe.
You make some good points. I didn't intend to make people feel unsafe. There are plenty of unsavory topics and images shared on this site, so perhaps from now on I'll label my posts related to sadism with trigger warnings.

Reactions: divinemistress36
E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
My question is why, or even how, could you be suicidal if you are truly a sadist?

The world is absolutely brimming with nonstop suffering. Every creature, from plants, insects, animals, humans and so on is in pretty much a constant hell. Why isn't that bringing you immense joy? Even single-celled organisms, or pretty much any organized system of matter of energy is maybe even in immense suffering--cuz this really does seem like hell. So I guess unfortunately that would probably include you--why are you suffering though, seems like a huge gift considering?

I guess it depends on the specifics of your sadism. But hell, there's honestly not even much point to come here to shit on the already shit on. Most of the people here have been victimized plenty so it's not exactly a shocking revelation that a fellow human wants to torture the fuck out of us even more. That might even kinda detract from the joy. Why not fuck with famous beautiful instagrammers or something, as they have a lot further to fall? (they themselves are also highly likely to be sadistic psychopaths--is there an unwritten code between you all that you leave each other alone, like some kind of alien predatory virus?)

Also, the existence of you is not particularly special. In fact, it's pretty clear that breeding is the single most cruel act that can be committed. Thus the percentage of the population that is sadistic is increasing very rapidly.

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
My question is why, or even how, could you be suicidal if you are truly a sadist?
It's simple: I hate myself, I want to kill myself.
The world is absolutely brimming with nonstop suffering. Every creature, from plants, insects, animals, humans and so on is in pretty much a constant hell. Why isn't that bringing you immense joy? Even single-celled organisms, or pretty much any organized system of matter of energy is maybe even in immense suffering--cuz this really does seem like hell. So I guess unfortunately that would probably include you--why are you suffering though, seems like a huge gift considering?
I wouldn't say I derive any happiness from the suffering of single-celled organisms. I actually wonder if any sort of sadistic person would. I personally don't think so. Too abstract.
I guess it depends on the specifics of your sadism.
Specifically emotional pain of people I know, so not a random person per se. I'm calling myself a sadist because people say I am, and personality tests say I am.
But hell, there's honestly not even much point to come here to shit on the already shit on. Most of the people here have been victimized plenty so it's not exactly a shocking revelation that a fellow human wants to torture the fuck out of us even more. That might even kinda detract from the joy.
I don't know you, so any pain you're going through is unknown and abstract to me. Altough, I do find your reaction somewhat amusing. I'm not trying to torture anyone. I'm just trying to better understand myself by interacting with other people who actually care to intwract with me. So for that, I do thank and appreciate.
Why not fuck with famous beautiful instagrammers or something, as they have a lot further to fall? (they themselves are also highly likely to be sadistic psychopaths--is there an unwritten code between you all that you leave each other alone, like some kind of alien predatory virus?)
That's an interesting suggestion and theory. I think everyone has equal value, so just because you value famous beautiful instagrammers as something less or at least as people who should have negative vibes sent their way tells me more about yourself. Interesting.
Also, the existence of you is not particularly special. In fact, it's pretty clear that breeding is the single most cruel act that can be committed. Thus the percentage of the population that is sadistic is increasing very rapidly.
I doubt breeding means someone is being sadistic, but perhaps the definition is changing. Words have a funny way of changing over time.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I understand, but I disagree.

I have different views.
I just like controversial topics.
I know where I am and what kind of people are here.
I just don't like limitations.
I know you won't agree with me, but that's just my opinion.

If you feel uncomfortable in such situations, avoid such discussions.
I think this is a good solution

If such topics do not comply with the forum rules, the moderator may remove the discussions.
But it doesn't depend on me at all.

Honestly, I don't even know if OP is a sadist.
His thoughts are not unusual to me.

Regards.

Reactions: cruelexistence
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
I guess it depends on the specifics of your sadism. But hell, there's honestly not even much point to come here to shit on the already shit on. Most of the people here have been victimized plenty so it's not exactly a shocking revelation that a fellow human wants to torture the fuck out of us even more.

Exactly - shitting on the people who have already been victimized by someone bragging about their sadism but couching it in 'just trying to understand myself'. Just when I felt this was a safe place all it takes is one sadist to make you question if anywhere is safe. For the sadists among us who don't understand how healthy humans work, when you get C-PTSD from trauma - the thing sadists create - you lose faith if you can ever feel safe again.

The 'I'll label my posts related to sadism with trigger warnings' doesn't feel safe because that indicates this person will continue to post about sadism in this forum even while multiple members here have noted they have been victims of trauma caused by abusers. This is a forum about supporting CTB and what that means. This cannot become a support group for people who identify as sadists to understand themselves via posting about sadism - you're saying to people who are traumaticized by abuse their voices don't matter, that their pain doesn't matter.

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
Exactly - shitting on the people who have already been victimized by someone bragging about their sadism but couching it in 'just trying to understand myself'.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've "shit" on anyone. I doubt I'm the first one to post something for the sake of trying to understand myself better.
Just when I felt this was a safe place all it takes is one sadist to make you question if anywhere is safe. For the sadists among us who don't understand how healthy humans work, when you get C-PTSD from trauma - the thing sadists create - you lose faith if you can ever feel safe again.
Again, I'm sorry you feel this way. I wouldn't exclude myself from being one of those once "healthy humans." I think you mistake sadism as something isolated. I believe it can come from trauma.
The 'I'll label my posts related to sadism with trigger warnings' doesn't feel safe because that indicates this person will continue to post about sadism in this forum even while multiple members here have noted they have been victims of trauma caused by abusers.
Perhaps we should advocate to remove the NSFW warning since all triggering and nsfw topics should be suspended.
This is a forum about supporting CTB and what that means. This cannot become a support group for people who identify as sadists to understand themselves via posting about sadism - you're saying to people who are traumaticized by abuse their voices don't matter, that their pain doesn't matter.
I see what you mean, but I think you're missing the point of this forum being more than just "resources to ctb, ctb, questions about ctb, goodbye ctb, etc." Perhaps I should have put this under "off-topic." I'm still new to this.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
It's simple: I hate myself, I want to kill myself.
Okay welcome to the club. I guess the joy of destroying everyone around you runs thin pretty quickly, you'd have to constantly find new victims. Helps explain why so many sadistic psychopaths are so charming and hyper-extroverted socially suave creatures.
I wouldn't say I derive any happiness from the suffering of single-celled organisms. I actually wonder if any sort of sadistic person would. I personally don't think so. Too abstract.

Specifically emotional pain of people I know, so not a random person per se. I'm calling myself a sadist because people say I am, and personality tests say I am.
Well, I'm just saying the world is so hellish it wouldn't surprise me if suffering goes all the way down to that level.
What I am saying is that suffering is absolutely a bounty. No abstractions needed, there is more available in real-time to observe every day than could possibly be consumed with the time available.

I do understand your predicament though, if your sadism is that limited in scope, you will have to put in a lot of work building and moving from social network to social network to cause mayhem.
You're not quite that lucky then. Surely you can agree that a full-blown genetic sadist who enjoy witnessing all forms of suffering is incredibly blessed. They'd be practically cumming like a racehorse at all moments with the suffering going on everywhere.

Given your specific case, it may be possible you had some fucked up social upbringing that caused you to take joy in taking it out on those close to you. Even the most empathic here might find joy in revenge against sadists that did them dirty. I'll explain more in the last paragraph...

I don't know you, so any pain you're going through is unknown and abstract to me. Altough, I do find your reaction somewhat amusing. I'm not trying to torture anyone. I'm just trying to better understand myself by interacting with other people who actually care to intwract with me. So for that, I do thank and appreciate.
Just how well do you need to know others to enjoy it? Just casual acquaintance level? This environment will attract weaker predators looking for low-hanging fruit, which is why you are getting the reactions you are. It does seem like you are enjoying negative attention, which again I'll detail more in the last paragraph of this reply...

That's an interesting suggestion and theory. I think everyone has equal value, so just because you value famous beautiful instagrammers as something less or at least as people who should have negative vibes sent their way tells me more about yourself. Interesting.
I did not say I value famous beautiful instagrammers as something less or deserving of negative vibes. I said they have further to fall.
It was actually meant to be a legitimate useful suggestion for you. See, beautiful successful people are more accustomed to being treated like royalty, so your negative vibes might actually be effective or unexpected to them, even if they try and brush it off.
To those of us so beaten by life we are considering ending it, many of us already view the world as a hostile place and are suspicious of interactions already. Encounters with assholes and shitty treatment and betrayal aren't as big a shock to us, rather the norm.

So while I understand how you made that assumption, I will freely tell you I want no ill for anyone, even you really. If provoked, like most animals, I have feelings of anger and all that. That's just being an animal, which is what we are. As an old depressed burn-out it fizzles pretty quickly as I just don't have much energy for hate fantasies. You're a product like the rest of us and I have no doubt you do experience some form of suffering, even if it's just getting antsy over not having people to shit-talk for a few minutes. Not existing at all is a solution to all problems for all creatures, that's just a fact.

I doubt breeding means someone is being sadistic, but perhaps the definition is changing. Words have a funny way of changing over time.
Reproduction is the source of all misery, in any sense of the word.
For humans, narcissism is a strong driver of reproduction. Also sadism and power and control fantasies, as parents try to exert their will on the mini-me.
So why might the empathic also enjoy revenge? Their concept of possible harmonious interactions encompasses a larger range around them: people, animals, structures, even the environment. The external is still the enemy.
Sadism, psychopathy, lack of empathy can stem from narcissism. Just a much smaller bubble of what is accepted. More things are external and immaterial, more freely met with aggression.
There is also a strong genetic connection to dark triad traits. The current structure of the social world highly rewards those traits. People find them highly charming and attractive and much more sexually engaging. Money and power through exploitation are readily available. The problem for those individuals with dark triad personality is most successful if they are attractive, strong, intelligent, or else they might just be low-functioning and have a pretty shit time.
So you've got a bunch of narcissists, sadists, psychopaths breeding like rabbits. The men can have a lot of kids with a lot of women. The human social world has always been favorable for these types but the last few decades has definitely been a playground for them. A lot of caring and good people are not having kids. Plenty of sadists are fucking like rabbits. The percentage of the population with these traits is given a comically low estimate in pop psychology, something like 3%. There is just no way. The proportion is much higher and growing rapidly, as anyone with any worldly experience can attest. Hence, it is not special and unsurprising.

Though it is also very likely that being on this site, you are aware of these ideas already. That would mean you are just trying to get a rise out of me with a subtle suggestion that I struggle to understand proper definitions.

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
Okay welcome to the club. I guess the joy of destroying everyone around you runs thin pretty quickly, you'd have to constantly find new victims.
I'd hardly say I find joy in destroying everyone around me. To clarify, I tend to find happiness (at times) in the emotional turmoil of people I know.
Helps explain why so many sadistic psychopaths are so charming and hyper-extroverted socially suave creatures.
I'm not sure how that does explain it, but if it does in some way, then cool.
Well, I'm just saying the world is so hellish it wouldn't surprise me if suffering goes all the way down to that level.
What I am saying is that suffering is absolutely a bounty. No abstractions needed, there is more available in real-time to observe every day than could possibly be consumed with the time available.
Okay, I didn't pick up on that. But now that you've clarified it, I suppose it makes sense.
I do understand your predicament though, if your sadism is that limited in scope, you will have to put in a lot of work building and moving from social network to social network to cause mayhem.
Again, I would like to clarify that I tend to find happiness (at times) in the emotional turmoil of people I know. So no, I wouldn't say I'm intending to cause mayhem.
You're not quite that lucky then. Surely you can agree that a full-blown genetic sadist who enjoy witnessing all forms of suffering is incredibly blessed.
I've never known (to my knowledge) a "full-blown genetic sadist." But perhaps they would be "blessed" (if that's what you want to call it) by the sufferings of the world.
They'd be practically cumming like a racehorse at all moments with the suffering going on everywhere.
That's one way to put it.
Given your specific case, it may be possible you had some fucked up social upbringing that caused you to take joy in taking it out on those close to you. Even the most empathic here might find joy in revenge against sadists that did them dirty. I'll explain more in the last paragraph...
I have a feeling you're right. Unfortunately, it's more a feeling than actual knowledge. Yay, childhood amnesia.
Just how well do you need to know others to enjoy it? Just casual acquaintance level?
I think casual acquaintance is all it needs to be. Think a step more than our acquaintance if that makes sense.
This environment will attract weaker predators looking for low-hanging fruit, which is why you are getting the reactions you are. It does seem like you are enjoying negative attention, which again I'll detail more in the last paragraph of this reply...
Yeah, I do find I enjoy negative attention, or any attention for that matter.
I did not say I value famous beautiful instagrammers as something less or deserving of negative vibes. I said they have further to fall.
Okay, good to know.
It was actually meant to be a legitimate useful suggestion for you. See, beautiful successful people are more accustomed to being treated like royalty, so your negative vibes might actually be effective or unexpected to them, even if they try and brush it off.
Sure, it might be effective, but that doesn't mean I'd want to go out of my way to hurt someone I don't (and probably won't ever) know.
To those of us so beaten by life we are considering ending it, many of us already view the world as a hostile place and are suspicious of interactions already. Encounters with assholes and shitty treatment and betrayal aren't as big a shock to us, rather the norm.
Just because something is normal doesn't mean it can't be impactful. Of course, you didn't say that, you just said not as big as a shock/impact. But I think saying that might give a false impression.
So while I understand how you made that assumption, I will freely tell you I want no ill for anyone, even you really.
That's good to know. Thanks.
If provoked, like most animals, I have feelings of anger and all that. That's just being an animal, which is what we are. As an old depressed burn-out it fizzles pretty quickly as I just don't have much energy for hate fantasies. You're a product like the rest of us and I have no doubt you do experience some form of suffering, even if it's just getting antsy over not having people to shit-talk for a few minutes.
I wouldn't dilute my life's sufferings into simple being antsy over not being able to be sadistic. Of course, you don't know me so you weren't able to speak about my other sufferings, but I assure you my sufferings extend beyond "just getting antsy over not having people to shit-talk for a few minutes"
Not existing at all is a solution to all problems for all creatures, that's just a fact.
I would agree.
Reproduction is the source of all misery, in any sense of the word.
For humans, narcissism is a strong driver of reproduction. Also sadism and power and control fantasies, as parents try to exert their will on the mini-me.
So why might the empathic also enjoy revenge? Their concept of possible harmonious interactions encompasses a larger range around them: people, animals, structures, even the environment. The external is still the enemy.
Sadism, psychopathy, lack of empathy can stem from narcissism. Just a much smaller bubble of what is accepted. More things are external and immaterial, more freely met with aggression.
There is also a strong genetic connection to dark triad traits. The current structure of the social world highly rewards those traits. People find them highly charming and attractive and much more sexually engaging. Money and power through exploitation are readily available. The problem for those individuals with dark triad personality is most successful if they are attractive, strong, intelligent, or else they might just be low-functioning and have a pretty shit time.
So you've got a bunch of narcissists, sadists, psychopaths breeding like rabbits. The men can have a lot of kids with a lot of women. The human social world has always been favorable for these types but the last few decades has definitely been a playground for them. A lot of caring and good people are not having kids. Plenty of sadists are fucking like rabbits. The percentage of the population with these traits is given a comically low estimate in pop psychology, something like 3%. There is just no way. The proportion is much higher and growing rapidly, as anyone with any worldly experience can attest. Hence, it is not special and unsurprising.
This last portion was very insightful. Some of the things you said I haven't thought about before. Thanks.
Though it is also very likely that being on this site, you are aware of these ideas already.
While I am aware of most of these ideas, I'm always eager to learn more from those around me.
That would mean you are just trying to get a rise out of me with a subtle suggestion that I struggle to understand proper definitions.
I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you. I just said I doubt breeding is sadistic. And I still think that breeding in it of itself is not sadistic, or at the very least I would not derive pleasure from knowing that pain will befall a child of mine if I ever were to breed. To be honest, you making that assumption frustrated me a little. I could try to make assumptions about you too concerning your interactions with me, but I don't want to stoop down to such a level right now.

Reactions: escape_from_hell
E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you. I just said I doubt breeding is sadistic. And I still think that breeding in it of itself is not sadistic, or at the very least I would not derive pleasure from knowing that pain will befall a child of mine if I ever were to breed. To be honest, you making that assumption frustrated me a little. I could try to make assumptions about you too concerning your interactions with me, but I don't want to stoop down to such a level right now.
I agree I do not think all breeders are intentionally being sadistic. That's one of the more fucked up things about it. Nature's calling is so alluring, there are indeed those fantasizing about being loving nurturing parents that will make the world a brighter place with their progeny.
I once heard a lady talk about the time she was pregnant, saying she felt like the center of the universe, the most important and special person alive. Not sure if that's the common experience but when it comes to reproduction nature hijacks the brain.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Troll alert. No real sadist would admit to being a sadist, especially on a suicide forum
I agree I do not think all breeders are intentionally being sadistic. That's one of the more fucked up things about it. Nature's calling is so alluring, there are indeed those fantasizing about being loving nurturing parents that will make the world a brighter place with their progeny.
I once heard a lady talk about the time she was pregnant, saying she felt like the center of the universe, the most important and special person alive. Not sure if that's the common experience but when it comes to reproduction nature hijacks the brain.
Do they feel the calling of sex or to actually procreate?

Last edited:
cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
Troll alert. No real sadist would admit to being a sadist, especially on a suicide forum
Not quite sure how you determined that, but whatever makes the world more digestible for you.

It'd be like invalidating a suicidal person's admission to being suicidal because they said it in the presence of non-suicidal people.

Invalidation feels terrible whether one is or isn't suicidal or is or isn't somewhat sadistic.

I wish I were used to being invalidated at this point. Too bad that's not the case.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jorms_McGander
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
Again, I would like to clarify that I tend to find happiness (at times) in the emotional turmoil of people I know. So no, I wouldn't say I'm intending to cause mayhem.

People having emotional turmoil - sadness, despair, anger, fear, suicidal ideation - gives you happiness; this is a community where many of us express emotional turmoil. It doesn't matter if you know us or not (personally), the fact you are enjoying 'emotional turmoil' is so disturbing. Why would any of us feel safe to post knowing you're on the board? Why post other than as a power move to make other people feel creeped out now?

• Informative
cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
People having emotional turmoil - sadness, despair, anger, fear, suicidal ideation - gives you happiness; this is a community where many of us express emotional turmoil. It doesn't matter if you know us or not (personally), the fact you are enjoying 'emotional turmoil' is so disturbing.
I agree, it disturbs me, too. I might be wrong, but I think talking about it helps. And so far, this is the most I've ever talked about it.
Why would any of us feel safe to post knowing you're on the board?
While I see what you mean let me remind you countless guests stalk this forum of whom some I can almost say with absolute assurance have less than savory intentions beyond my slight sadistic nature.
Why post other than as a power move to make other people feel creeped out now?
I don't like being seen as creepy, hence the formal account and conversation as opposed to guest status. So why post? To hash things out of my mind with real people willing to talk. And for those that do engage with me, I appreciate.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024

Do they feel the calling of sex or to actually procreate?
Some may be feeling the call to actually procreate directly and not just sexually. I hear family-building dynastic legacy fantasy talk from breeders sometimes.
I can only personally relate to the sexual call and not the direct procreation part, though. Thing is nature doesn't care either way, whether the drive is to unload the ballsack, get the crevice stuffed, or to create a legacy or raise the next einstein--as long as you're breeding nature's cruel streak continues.

As for user cruelexistence being a troll or not, isn't trolling/griefing a sort of sadism? As another user just stated simply posting about being a sadist here causes discomfort and is a potential power move. I do agree that many dark triads do not like to be unmasked in general though, though their concern is more the loss of effectiveness than being seen for what they are.

cruelexistence themself admits they have only slight sadistic tendencies, specific to emotional turmoil in people they know. The exact degree to which this is satisfying or motivating isn't super clear, is that the main driver in their life? They admit to enjoying negative or any attention. They also mention childhood amnesia and a desire to hash things out.
Honestly, it sounds like it may be some other kind of mental illness. Sure there is a sadistic element but I'm not sure sadist is the right term for what cruelexistence is describing...including finding this aspect of their nature disturbing. Not to invalidate you, cruelexistence. Have you considered this possibility though? It might be worth a thread with a different title and maybe not in the 'suicide discussion' section...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
While I see what you mean let me remind you countless guests stalk this forum of whom some I can almost say with absolute assurance have less than savory intentions beyond my slight sadistic nature.
what are their intentions? I've heard other people say this too I don't get it

cruelexistence

cruelexistence

Apr 19, 2024
Honestly, it sounds like it may be some other kind of mental illness. Sure there is a sadistic element but I'm not sure sadist is the right term for what cruelexistence is describing...including finding this aspect of their nature disturbing. Not to invalidate you, cruelexistence. Have you considered this possibility though? It might be worth a thread with a different title and maybe not in the 'suicide discussion' section...
Have I considered the possiblility of having some kind of mental illness? Yes. Also, I didn't mean to disturb the delicate arrangement of post categories. I'll keep in mind to put anything not suicide related in the "off-topic" section...
what are their intentions? I've heard other people say this too I don't get it
What are "their intentions" as in the guests? Various I'd imagine. Assume the same as everyone logged onto this forum, and then add in true pro-lifers, journalists, and other curious folk with their own varying intentions. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
What are "their intentions" as in the guests? Various I'd imagine. Assume the same as everyone logged onto this forum, and then add in true pro-lifers, journalists, and other curious folk with their own varying intentions. The possibilities are endless.
That doesn't sound that bad though. I've read here twice now (I forget their names) but people alluding to concerns that guests are using this site for some kind of dark and nefarious reasons.

• Informative
J

Jorms_McGander

Specialist
Oct 17, 2023
Exactly - shitting on the people who have already been victimized by someone bragging about their sadism but couching it in 'just trying to understand myself'. Just when I felt this was a safe place all it takes is one sadist to make you question if anywhere is safe. For the sadists among us who don't understand how healthy humans work, when you get C-PTSD from trauma - the thing sadists create - you lose faith if you can ever feel safe again.

The 'I'll label my posts related to sadism with trigger warnings' doesn't feel safe because that indicates this person will continue to post about sadism in this forum even while multiple members here have noted they have been victims of trauma caused by abusers. This is a forum about supporting CTB and what that means. This cannot become a support group for people who identify as sadists to understand themselves via posting about sadism - you're saying to people who are traumaticized by abuse their voices don't matter, that their pain doesn't matter.
Nobody is saying that just by existing. You're not drawing good lines between personal identities but most importantly you're not being productive by gatekeeping who can and can't feel suicidal. Respectfully mind your own business
People having emotional turmoil - sadness, despair, anger, fear, suicidal ideation - gives you happiness; this is a community where many of us express emotional turmoil. It doesn't matter if you know us or not (personally), the fact you are enjoying 'emotional turmoil' is so disturbing. Why would any of us feel safe to post knowing you're on the board? Why post other than as a power move to make other people feel creeped out now?
Why not just create another account and carry on unbothered? You would never know if anyone was actually here as a voyeur but I suspect it's not going to be the person who's outed themselves as a sadist. Please, an open mind is never hurtful... Will this thread go in circles on the same points forever now? Or we can drop it and let the mod team do their job and we do our job coping with our emotions

Last edited:
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
As a masochist, I personally welcome sadists (as long as they're only sadistic to those who want it).

• Informative
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Cld u nt cll parnts 'breedrs' pls - tht = d-humanisng wordng & ths = nt a frum fr xtremism

Ppl r nt cattle

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
For better or for worse I'm a sadist. I feel like I'm totally exposing myself and am opening myself to criticism, but I really am curious what people think.

Is it bad that I enjoy people's suffering? I feel like I've gone through so much myself that I can't help but feel good when I see others suffering too. Not often, but sometimes I get in a mood where it just really excites me. I want pain and suffering to fall on us all hard, and then we pull each other up from it.

I don't know if I sound crazy, but I've felt this way for a while.

Thoughts?
You don't get to control your thoughts, so I have no problem with you feeling the way you do. It sounds as though you have no wish to actually harm anyone.
From what you write, you don't sound like the "S" type of person in the BDSM community, in which consensual activity with the "M" type of personality keeps both of them happy. Am I right, then, in assuming that your condition does not have a sexual aspect to it, or at least is not primarily sexual?
If this doesn't cause any problems for you, then I guess it's unusual but it may be harmless. However, I wonder what is underlying it. Do you think it would be worth trying some therapy, to understand yourself better, and see where these feelings come from? It's possible that they are not doing you yourself any good, and that you would be better off without them.

Reactions: divinemistress36
J

Jorms_McGander

Specialist
Oct 17, 2023
I am in no way gatekeeping anything. The 'mind your own business' gets you flagged to the mods for disrespect - don't need your attitude.
Denial doesn't set the fact. The user you're arguing with is here on an honest basis and doesn't deserve to be accused of causing harm just by existing. At a certain point we must learn to tolerate others who share this planet. I apologise for any negative feelings my words have caused.

-Toplox-

-Toplox-

Nov 25, 2018
For better or for worse I'm a sadist. I feel like I'm totally exposing myself and am opening myself to criticism, but I really am curious what people think.

Is it bad that I enjoy people's suffering? I feel like I've gone through so much myself that I can't help but feel good when I see others suffering too. Not often, but sometimes I get in a mood where it just really excites me. I want pain and suffering to fall on us all hard, and then we pull each other up from it.

I don't know if I sound crazy, but I've felt this way for a while.

Thoughts?
I don't like the fact that you want random people to suffer because your life is shit. A lot of them have done nothing to deserve any of that. I want these things for myself because I'm a sack of shit but I don't want other people to have feel the way I do. I don't want to drag others down with me because I'm miserable. I don't like your thought process. Probably wouldn't like you. Idk. Those are my thoughts