Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
This is going to come off harsh but fuck it, I'm in a bad mood.

Don't write a goodbye post unless you're actually going to CTB. It does effect all other users, especially those of us who actually understand what a serious and permanent decision suicide is.

This isn't a fucking game. It's not cute. I have only been on this forum a short time and seen so many people doing this shit. Typically this is coming from the younger crowd on here. Many of y'all are just being impulsive. Take some time to really think about ending your life at such a young age. And yes, there are many stupid reasons to CTB.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: All Things Must Pass, it's_all_a_game, x~Sophia~x and 14 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Don't write a goodbye post unless you're actually going to CTB.
What if someone changes their mind after they start the goodbye thread? Should they absolutely be forced to go through with it once they start the thread so people won't be disappointed or annoyed?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, dotdotx, x~Sophia~x and 18 others
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
i'm not sure why you posted something like this when you said you're in a bad mood. people come on here to escape from their anxiety/depression/etc. i really don't feel like someone is going to post a goodbye thread just for fun.

this is a somewhat dangerous post because to agree with what @Meditation guide said, i know personally if i posted one and then saw this, i would feel awful.

i hope your night gets better, i'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Reactions: opiatedreamz, Isaiah, ZeroChance888 and 6 others
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
What if someone changes their mind after they start the goodbye thread? Should they absolutely be forced to go through with it once they start the thread so people won't be disappointed or annoyed?
It happens far too often on here for it to be a well thought out decision. People are just impulsively deciding to die and they aren't even convinced that it is necessary. Not saying they should be forced to go through with it. Just actually think about it more than a couple days before throwing together a half assed suicide plan.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
People might be in crisis and acting on impulse. They also might just change their mind. People should be able to feel safe to say goodbye and get love and support, and feel safe to back out and get love and respect. If the goodbye posts trigger you it might be good to avoid them.

• Love
Reactions: dotdotx, Time to fly, Isaiah and 10 others
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I'm sorry.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Nimbus, Isaiah, flatearth and 3 others
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
I'm sorry.
no no no, do not be sorry please. this is a safe place for you. please message me if you need someone to talk to, okay? you are perfectly okay.

Reactions: Nimbus, flatearth, virginiawoolf86 and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
this thread comes off as extremely invalidating towards many users of the forum, especially the "younger crowd" you attempt to single out.

the decision of ctb is hard. the act of actually going through with it and taking your own life is harder and ANYTHING can happen. a person can back out after a goodbye thread for whatever reasons. a person can have a failed ctb attempt after posting their goodbye thread.

how do you think it is on the person posting the goodbye thread and feeling set on ctb? you talk about how their decision affects other users. you struggle to realize that alot of members on this site actually struggle with the idea of how their suicide will have an effect on those around them and its something that holds many including myself back from actually ctbing.

blatanly assuming how users who may post goodbye threads overlook the effect it has on other members is extremely invalidating. you dont know their intentions, you dont know what their going through and how they feel, you dont know how they feel about suicide and the decision itself, you just dont know another person at all period, and it isnt right to assume or act like you do. we dont.

"especially those of us who actually understand what a serious and permanent decision suicide is".

define "us". who are you to say who actually understands the seriousness of a decision like ctb and who doesnt? you keep assuming that YOU know best about the seriousness of suicide and understand it better than most on the forum. however, you dont. you cant measure how others feel about it and you certainly cant assume that you know better than most.

you try and single out a younger crowd. the decision is complex and the act itself is even harder. you don't know what the other person is going through and you can't assume that you do know. i've seen older people create goodbye threads and return, and i've seen younger people do the same. it isn't about the age. stop fixating on the age. it's about the complexity of the topic and act itself that leaves doors open for possible returns. not everyone goes through with it, ANYTHING can happen, and sometimes its beyond our control.

this sort of criticism and judgement and negative perception on those who both back out and fail their attempts prevents these very people from returning to the forum. we've had issues with people wanting to create new accounts after posting goodbye threads or not returning at all because they fear the judgement they get from people on the forum. this does nothing but have a detrimental effect on members and it prevents healthy discussions on the forum.

singling out a group of members, specifically younger members is invalidating and it will not be tolerated. a younger member has every right to feel and think the way they do and act on a decision just like an older member does.

younger members come to the forum already having to deal with the pro-life toxicity in real-life surrounding their age and shouldn't be forced to then deal with it on a forum that they feel is a safe space for them. what is applicable to younger members is also applicable to you. it goes both ways. i could turn around and tell you that you should take your time in rethinking your decisions because the decision of ctb is tough and, and you aren't anywhere near 100 years old! you have so much to live for and so much life left! it goes both ways.

this thread invites arguments and causes division amongst members. it encourages judgement and criticism towards members that fail their attempts or back out on their plans. honestly, in a sense, this sort of outlook PUSHES people to ctbing and can be regarded as pro-suicide. the invalidation a person feels can serve to PUSH a member over the edge and we have had instances in the past, where these types of posts and threads have resulted in the impulsive ctb of members because they felt invalidated, judged, and misunderstood in an environment that they felt was their safe space.

because of the reasons stated above, this thread will be locked from spiraling into an argument. be mindful about what you say and understand that what you say can have a significant impact on other members of the forum in a negative way.

take care.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Time to fly, All washed up and 25 others
Status
Not open for further replies.