• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I understand. I don't think that turning off the emotion chip is the right way to go. I notice that I'm having trouble describing what I mean by "robot". It doesn't mean being completely emotionless as that is not possible anyway. Think more in fanciful terms, like robots from Star Wars. They had personalities and "emotions" of their own, but were not emotionally dependent on being part of a social fabric in the ways humans are.
Perhaps changing your relationship with this need to be a part of social fabric will counter-intuitively free you of the experienced dependence or momentary lack. Rather than trying to get rid of it, first accept it as a condition for survival. Hardened criminals fear solitary confinement since interaction is a human need, I read about an experiment where ape babies preferring clinging to a dummy rather than actually getting fed or something. If you assume that social interaction is just another resource you need to consume in order to function, then maybe that'll help?

Then you can just get your DRI of communication, touch, facial expressions or whatever it is for the day/week and go back to being badass.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
After watching this 8 minute youtube video that it's probably full of errors I came to the conclusion that you can adapt this to your life even if you live in a city:

Do you feel ready to have the borest life on earth to achieve what you desire?

Reactions: Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
After watching this 8 minute youtube video that it's probably full of errors I came to the conclusion that you can adapt this to your life even if you live in a city:

Do you feel ready to have the borest life on earth to achieve what you desire?

I considered becoming a buddhist nun (not of the Theravada tradition in the video though) and still have the option of doing so. My problem with this is not having to give up money, but maladaptive daydreaming which makes meditation impossible. Trying to quit this will be like to trying to quit heroin, or like trying to learn riding the bicycle backwards. Monastic life is something that's never far from my mind but I'm not sure I can muster the titanic willpower that will be needed to suppress my crazy fantasy world.

Reactions: Sensei
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I considered becoming a buddhist nun (not of the Theravada tradition in the video though) and still have the option of doing so. My problem with this is not having to give up money, but maladaptive daydreaming which makes meditation impossible. Trying to quit this will be like to trying to quit heroin, or like trying to learn riding the bicycle backwards. Monastic life is something that's never far from my mind but I'm not sure I can muster the titanic willpower that will be needed to suppress my crazy fantasy world.
I think buddhists didn't achieve what you want at all but the way they solve their own feelings is what makes the difference but I guess you know it better considering you can join them (how? I'm curious)

I'm sorry but you are an human so I think you'll always have that 10% I still think the best way is being an emotional idiot who thinks that can solve everything with sex or buying a cute rice cooker. If that doesn't work I guess the only way it's to embrace the feeling and try to figure out how to solve them or ignore it with the hope to don't become bigger and worse. Still just a 10% it's impressive.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I don't know if there is a way to become full metal. I have a few ideas that could make one approaching full metal in practical sense, which I presume is about not getting swayed by undesirable emotions.

Along with more primitive parts, emotional brain doesn't seem to recognize the difference between what's "real" and what's imagined, and reacts to both as if they are the same. Ex.: Imagining food or seeing pictures of food over the internet may cause saliva excretion. Thinking about suicide makes a lot of people sad or angry.

Maybe by constructing certain pictures in the mind, You can influence the parts of ourselves that can't be reasoned with.
It could help to come up with the list of things that influence you in one way or another, create images and draw upon them when you need to invoke, or satisfy certain emotions.

What I also have found helpful is focusing on sensations themselves, thereby opting out of the trigger-thought-emotion orgy, and let their influence over me to slowly fade away.

What is the value of ego?
Is there a distincition between having an ego and having a sense of self which doesn't encompass everything, making some things not belong to self? (This is me; this is not me.) Because I think that having a sense of self can help to preserve personal life and well-being. Ex: When there is a feeling of being wronged by someone or something else, there is an object of wrongdoing (self) and an agent (wrongdoer). But I guess one could argue that without a sense of self there would be no wrongdoing in the first place.

Reactions: Makko and Sensei
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
No offense, OP but the title is very misleading. Wanting to be in control of your emotions and wanting to be "robotic" tend to be different things to most people.

With that said, I'd suggest looking into DBT, especially radical acceptance. I know DBT is usually marketed towards people with BPD but I think it can be useful to anybody who wants more control of their emotional state.

Also, suffering with maladaptive daydreaming does not necessarily mean you'll be incapable of meditation. Meditating for long periods of time requires lots of practice and focus. You are always focusing on something when you meditate, such as your breath, a candle flame, or even a waterfall cascading on your shoulders.

Also, very obviously, you should read up on munks and how they do what they do. I've seen a couple of munks with vlogs on YouTube.

us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
For me, it's in acquiring knowledge. The more I understand certain systems in the world (like finance, etc.), the more indifferent I become as a person.

So, I'd advise to keep on digging and acquiring/seeking always more knowledge and deep understanding, I think it's the most reliable way to get rid of one's soul
I usually see knowledge-seeking as a way to enrich my soul, but now my soul--especially the part that sick of knowledge and sick of its will for knowledge--becomes a burden to me, and I've been questioning my desire for knowledge.
It seems to be an interested idea that seeking knowledge is a way to get rid of one's soul. I might try if I can "internalise" this idea...

Reactions: aneurysm
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
titanic willpower that will be needed to suppress my crazy fantasy world.

oh oh, you should join me in my detox journey! Unless you wholeheartedly want to keep daydreaming? have you ever tried to stop?

hmm, also, I'm curious what someone like you is daydreaming about (tell me, please).

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Also, about the wanting to become a robot thing: you need to watch Arakawa under the bridge. It's a cool weird anime and I feel like Nino is everything you're trying to describe here. C6DBB5AC 7695 44CB 8642 07109079FB5E

Reactions: Mendex and Makko
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Makko if you figure it out, let me know. I want to be like this:
terminator GIF

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
oh oh, you should join me in my detox journey! Unless you wholeheartedly want to keep daydreaming? have you ever tried to stop?

hmm, also, I'm curious what someone like you is daydreaming about (tell me, please).
Dreaming day and night is central to my nature. It's also my only pleasure. I'm not giving it up, and I can't. I have nothing to replace it with. I'd be left with nothing. It would be like lobotomy.

As for the topics... that's its own thread. At least 99,9 % of imagination can never be communicated. The 0,01 % that can is enough to fill a library.

Reactions: aneurysm
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Dreaming day and night is central to my nature. It's also my only pleasure.
don't you work in business law? How do you find that much time to daydream?
As for the topics... that's its own thread. At least 99,9 % of imagination can never be communicated.
aww, it's okay to be embarrassed

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
I honestly have no worthwhile answers for this. Outside of the development of some sci-fi level neural implant that allows us complete control over our felt experience, I don't believe it's possible to achieve the sort of state you describe to the extent it no longer causes any discomfort or conflict with human physiology. Drugs, perhaps of the psychedelic variety, are a very imperfect alternative to the above, but that at least carry with them the potential of transforming oneself into something more bearable than what can otherwise be achieved sober. Of course, this is hardly much of a solution and is also predicated on the assumption that they don't create more harm than they might alleviate. Not to mention that once one is no longer high, the same old problems tend to come roaring on back.

I'll make a quick mention of one other thing though. It has to do with NDEs (near death experiences). Specifically the NDE of someone called U.G. Krishnamurti, and the aftermath he experienced afterwards which he referred to as the "calamity". In his case, he sought spiritual awakening/full control over himself for decades, but it wasn't until his near death experience that he finally achieved a true form of egoic transformation that lead to much of his biological instincts being more or less either permanently disabled, or completely under his own control. As opposed to being some inert vegetable, he was actually still quite jovial and rowdy. By all accounts, including his own, he had achieved a state of complete emancipation from feelings which otherwise compose the darkest and most bothersome parts of the human psyche. However, he was often quite clear that there was absolutely nothing other people could do to achieve the same thing. Even having a NDE was no guarantee. According to him, it either happens to you or it doesn't. Anyone who said otherwise, like other gurus offering pathways to a similar kind of enlightenment, were, as he put it; "lying, swindling, god damned bastards". UG was a very refreshingly honest guy in this regard and, as far as I'm concerned, one of the few people EVER to tell others straight up that we're basically enslaved to our ego and personal biology, save for some extreme outcome of chance of the kind he experienced and which was essentially impossible to replicate. No amount of mucking around with various doctrines, philosophies, or spiritual teachings, will ever change that. It's a switch that either gets flipped inside you, or it doesn't. There's nothing that most of us can do to force it, outside of perhaps suffering a near death experience like U.G. did.

There's a great chapter in Thomas Ligotti's TCATHR that focuses on this exact sort of thing. Ligotti comes to a similar conclusion that essentially the only people who have ever achieved true freedom from the human condition, are those who have had very close brushes with death, precisely in the form of a NDE, and he cites a few examples, including U.G., to show that this is the case.

In my case, I take the Cioran approach for lack of any better option. That is to say that, like him, I endure myself. That's basically it.

And below is a good example of U.G.'s overall bluntness when it comes to this sort of thing, for what it's worth.

This second video is probably a better place to start and does a good job of illustrating his combined detachment and retained joviality.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'm the polar opposite, my emotions explode out at an alarming frequency. One minute crying the other filled with anger.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
Mendex

Mendex

The Sleep of reason produces monsters
Jan 9, 2021
I haven't updated the thread because I'm still looking for the right way to rephrase my question.
You may rephrase the question as ("How I make myself a 100% robot?"), but instead you should ask "How I make myself a body without organs (BwO)?".
To explain the methodology of becoming-machine you should understand, that a series of running out differences start as a developing-itself, An amount of proteins agree in his syntheses at organ-ational direction. Like an egg with latitudes, longitudes and geodesic lines. Traversed by gradients marking the transitions and changes, the destinations of the existence developing along these particular "becomings".
Starting by his no-specified simplicism to stratified consciousness emergence in a time-space body. The body start feeling disturbing how is organized and start question how sad his reality is. He ask by himself why I breathing with my lungs, talking with my tongue, thinking with my brain, having an anus and larynx, head and leg?. Why not walk on my head, sing with your sinuses, see through my skin, breathe with my belly and reasoning with my lungs?

To "make yourself a body without organs" is to actively experiment with oneself to draw out and activate these potentialities, Which we could call "upgrades" or "enhancements".
The essential assemblage of all recoding bodies start by deterritorialize his own existence and reterritorialize with other components. The BwO is in fact a bridge, he is walking it but at each step the horizon leans forward. The only thing he can do is just keep walking it in his limitless line of flight.
physical space is an anthropomorphically scaled, predominantly vision-configured, massively multi-slotted reality system that is obsolescing very rapidly.

life-time is running out.
the real question is.
How far will you lose yourself?

Last edited:
sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
You want to rid yourself of all your humanity but still remain human. I don't know that this is possible.
And by humanity I mean retaining both empathy and ego.
You want to be in complete control of your emotions. When are you not in control of your emotions? And Why is that 10% still hanging on?

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Don't know about becoming a robot but I just finished building myself a new mobile suit gundam. You should see the looks I get when I go thumping down the road to Tesco. That stupid mini cooper that beeped at me won't make that mistake again. It went for fucking miles, you should have seen the drivers face. The teenage hoodlums don't mess with you either.

Reactions: 262653
Annabella

Annabella

Jan 13, 2021
Please don't tey to do this!!!!! I warn you!! This is exactly what i tried to do 3 years ago and I succeeded so well than nowadays I can't feel anything anymore! I can't feel pleasure, emotions, the passing of time, the change of nature, i am extremely disconnected from myself and i have no will to live anymore! Please don't do this!!

gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
This reminds me of a certain Nine Inch Nails song called "The Becoming"

I beat my machine
It's a part of me, it's inside of me
I'm stuck in this dream
It's changing me, I am becoming

The me that you know
He had some second thoughts
He's covered with scabs
He is broken and sore

The me that you know
He doesn't come around much
And that part of me
Isn't here no more

All pain disappears
It's the nature of, of my circuitry
Drowns out all I hear
No escape from this
My new consciousness

The me that you know
He used to have feelings
But the blood has stopped pumping
And he is left to decay

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires
And even when I'm right with you
I'm so far away

I can try to get away
But I've strapped myself in
I can try to scratch away
The sound in my ears

I can see it killing away
All of my bad parts
I don't wanna listen
But it's all too clear

Hiding backwards inside of me
I feel so unafraid
Annie, hold a little tighter
I might just slip away

It won't give up
It wants me dead
And goddamn this noise
Inside my head

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
For the first time, today I ate cake and felt nothing. I'm a robot now.

Reactions: Mendex
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I always remember a movie called "Equilibrium" with Christian Bale.

They had this drug called "Prozium" that completely numb their emotions and had to take it or they were labeled a emotional criminal and sentenced to death.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Don't do this.

Your suffering will be eternal if you become a robot. Even if you somehow turn yourself off, you always leave the potential for your consciousnesses to be revived in some fashion.

• Wow
Reactions: Disappointered
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
We were neurophobic and perfect
The day that we lost our souls
Maybe we weren't so human
But if we cry we will rust
And I was a hand grenade
That never stopped exploding
You were automatic and
As hollow as the "o" in God

I am never gonna be the one for you
I am never gonna save the world from you

You were my mechanical bride
You were phenobarbidoll
A manniqueen of depression
With the face of a dead star
And I was a hand grenade
That wouldn't stop exploding
You were automatic and
As hollow as the "o" in God

This isn't me, I'm not mechanical
I'm just a boy playing the Suicide King
Just playing the Suicide King

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm jealous. Low quality cake?
Fancy cake with handmade marzipan roses and everything. You know that sensation when you eat several bites of sweets in a row, the sweet taste disappears and you only feel the unpleasant sugar saturation on your tongue. I felt that from the first bite.

Don't do this.

Your suffering will be eternal if you become a robot. Even if you somehow turn yourself off, you always leave the potential for your consciousnesses to be revived in some fashion.
This isn't any worse than what I'm already experiencing.