LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
I saw on Facebook earlier that someone fell off the cliff at Beachy Head and landed on a ledge. They were rescued by the coastguard and taken to hospital. No more details were given. It has triggered me.

This is my preferred place to say goodbye to this world.

Which places set your triggers in motion?

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lucifer'sRight, ItsBeenTooLong, Brink and 2 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I like Beachy Head it would be even better if I wasn't scared of bloody heights, lol but that would be the ultimate rush. I always check now and again on google to see if anyone has jumped, a girl actually fell of the cliff and died when they stopped to go to the toilet.

If you want to see if your scared of heights, check out the base jumpers on YouTube.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: depressedsally, GravityUtilizer and Amnesty
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
I like Beachy Head it would be even better if I wasn't scared of bloody heights, lol but that would be the ultimate rush. I always check now and again on google to see if anyone has jumped, a girl actually fell of the cliff and died when they stopped to go to the toilet.

If you want to see if your scared of heights, check out the base jumpers on YouTube.

Cheers

Geo

I have been up there many times over the years and although ordinarily, I am scared of heights, Beachy Head doesn't bother me. I've stood right at the edge peering down and contemplating stepping off.

I have also watched the base jumpers.

Reactions: depressedsally, GravityUtilizer, Amnesty and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I have been up there many times over the years and although ordinarily, I am scared of heights, Beachy Head doesn't bother me. I've stood right at the edge peering down and contemplating stepping off.

I have also watched the base jumpers.

That was my original way to ctb I done a sky dive and a balloon ride I thought I conquered my fear but when I saw people looking down from skyscrapers and from high structures I realized my fear was still me, but I also thought it's one step and all over, especially with a rug sack of booze to drink first.

• Wow
Reactions: FriendofDeath and Amnesty
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020

Cheers

Geo

I always check to see if anyone has jumped. I follow RNLI Eastbourne to get updates of who has jumped.
I know this is weird thing to say, but I want to see the after effects of a Beachy Head victim, to see if it would make me feel any different, whether it might deter me from going.

Last edited:
Reactions: depressedsally, Jumper Geo, FriendofDeath and 1 other person
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I don't think that's weird Lonely, I'd probably do the same thing if I lived around there and was brave enough for that method. Heights scare the living Fck outta me, lol.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, Jumper Geo and Amnesty
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020

Cheers

Geo
I AM a base jumper and skydiver and I'm afraid of heights lol

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: tmcglone25, BaconCheeseburger, Alec and 2 others
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
Really?! That is a little bit bonkers!
Really really:)
I started jumping because I was afraid of heights.
I kept jumping because the rush is unexplainable. It's better than any drug.

Reactions: tmcglone25, Amnesty and Jumper Geo
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
Really really:)
I started jumping because I was afraid of heights.
I kept jumping because the rush is unexplainable. It's better than any drug.

I don't like heights either, but it depends on the structure. Cable cars are a no-no with me because of all the swinging about and nothing underneath.

Beachy Head I seem to have no problem with, because it is so beautiful up there, even though I know the cliff could crumble.

Do you base jump at other places?

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Amnesty
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
I don't like heights either, but it depends on the structure. Cable cars are a no-no with me because of all the swinging about and nothing underneath.

Beachy Head I seem to have no problem with, because it is so beautiful up there, even though I know the cliff could crumble.

Do you base jump at other places?
California, Utah, Pa, Nj, and Tn

Reactions: tmcglone25, Jumper Geo and Amnesty
choosingmydestiny

choosingmydestiny

Jun 1, 2020
Maybe a little off topic, but would the cliff edge near to the lighthouse (on the bottom cliffs) suffice? How high is the fatality if you jump there and does it matter how you land from such a height. (Sorry, new hear and could not find clear answer on other existing threads) thanks in advance :p

Reactions: Amnesty and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Maybe a little off topic, but would the cliff edge near to the lighthouse (on the bottom cliffs) suffice? How high is the fatality if you jump there and does it matter how you land from such a height. (Sorry, new hear and could not find clear answer on other existing threads) thanks in advance :p

Check out the YouTube base jumper video's you get a great view.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: choosingmydestiny and Amnesty
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020

I think the height of the cliff in that area, just in front of the lighthouse, is around 530 ft. Pretty sure anyone would be successful there. Further up towards Belle Tout lighthouse is equally sheer.

Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong and choosingmydestiny
choosingmydestiny

choosingmydestiny

Jun 1, 2020
Check out the YouTube base jumper video's you get a great view.

Cheers

Geo
I did, but somehow still doubting :p thanks though!
I think the height of the cliff in that area, just in front of the lighthouse, is around 530 ft. Pretty sure anyone would be successful there. Further up towards Belle Tout lighthouse is equally sheer.
thanks! It is such a beautiful place. If you don't mind me asking, what does cbt mean? Ive seen it a lot here... is it what I think it is? A less obvious replacement for the S word? Ignore it if it is a stupid question ;)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I really want to jump from beachy head but due to covid I can't get there. I did go there last year but was stopped by the chaplains who called the police.

I love watching the base jumpers on youtube

@choosingmydestiny ctb means 'catch the bus' and yes it means suicide

Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong, Lara Francis, Amnesty and 2 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I AM a base jumper and skydiver and I'm afraid of heights lol

Would you try a hot balloon ride like this one, something tells me he may have a death wish, lol.

Reactions: Amnesty
choosingmydestiny

choosingmydestiny

Jun 1, 2020
I really want to jump from beachy head but due to covid I can't get there. I did go there last year but was stopped by the chaplains who called the police.

I love watching the base jumpers on youtube

@choosingmydestiny ctb means 'catch the bus' and yes it means suicide
Thanks for replying! kind of like that metaphor.. I just joined this forum but I feel like everyone is kind and accepting! I am not from UK (Belgium). But rather go that way,we dont have such dreamy places like that here.... did you go during the day or at night? Did you walk from station or took a bus or cab?... can not imagine how you must have felt when they called the police. I kind of want to visit beforehand but cant really afford it Hope you are well x

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Jumper Geo
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
@choosingmydestiny I got to the town during the day, earlier than I had wanted to get there. I hung around the town for as long as I could then got a taxi to the pub. I had a few drinks in the pub waiting for it to get dark. I'm not sure what time it was when I went to the edge but it was dark. I got to the edge, looked down and was about to jump when I heard someone say 'are you alright love?' The sound of their voice nearly shocked me over the edge! I hesitated too long in panic with my reply I think and they didn't believe me. I tried to walk away but they weren't having it and had already contacted the police. It was awful. The police were awful and I spent a long time in hospital for my efforts! I still want to jump from there though

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath and GravityUtilizer
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Oh Beachy Head! I am a little obsessed with the place I can't deny. It marks the eastern end point of the South Downs National Park which is full of beautiful chalky downland, all leading to the edge of a sheer white cliff: the edge of England. I can't imagine a more poetic way to go out really.

And any stories of people landing on ledges means they didn't use the sheer bit between the lighthouses.

Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020

thanks! It is such a beautiful place. If you don't mind me asking, what does cbt mean? Ive seen it a lot here... is it what I think it is? A less obvious replacement for the S word? Ignore it if it is a stupid question ;)

Hi

Welcome to SS don't worry we were all newbies, lol reading threads absolutely baffled by all the acronyms, here is a link below which will help you, your have to read the two pages to get a good understanding.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/acronyms-on-here-for-new-users.6031/

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong and Amnesty
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Beachy head is so beautiful.
I was on my way there about 3 weeks ago before I was pulled over whilst on the motorway by police and sectioned.
I was so pissed off !

• Aww..
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live
choosingmydestiny

choosingmydestiny

Jun 1, 2020
Hi

Welcome to SS don't worry we were all newbies, lol reading threads absolutely baffled by all the acronyms, here is a link below which will help you, your have to read the two pages to get a good understanding.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/acronyms-on-here-for-new-users.6031/

Cheers

Geo
Thanks so much! Will check it out
As im reading I could only imagine that feeling :( I guess you cant really know when they are there or not .... ugh I can already here that voice saying it... combined with the adrenaline it would scare the shit out of me as well... I am also scared, should I go alone that it would be supenseful... do you think someone at a pub called the chaps? The more a look into it, the more I see how much thought I should put in the plan if I ever go, but its worth to me because its so beautiful there.... hope you are feeling well x
@choosingmydestiny I got to the town during the day, earlier than I had wanted to get there. I hung around the town for as long as I could then got a taxi to the pub. I had a few drinks in the pub waiting for it to get dark. I'm not sure what time it was when I went to the edge but it was dark. I got to the edge, looked down and was about to jump when I heard someone say 'are you alright love?' The sound of their voice nearly shocked me over the edge! I hesitated too long in panic with my reply I think and they didn't believe me. I tried to walk away but they weren't having it and had already contacted the police. It was awful. The police were awful and I spent a long time in hospital for my efforts! I still want to jump from there though

Last edited:
Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong and Jumper Geo
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020

Cease to breathe.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Right now my trigger is my bedroom window. I was supposed to go to sleep, but figured, why not. I sat up in my bed and stared at the window. I contemplated doing it, in a way of "this is it. I can finally be at peace" however I dont think 5 stories high is enough to do anything. So alas, another day...

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I thought you could use either.

In which case they both mean the same thing, surely?

No sorry it's always been Catch The Bus. but if I was going to jump of Beachy Hrad I would shout out I'm catching my breath lol

LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for replying! kind of like that metaphor.. I just joined this forum but I feel like everyone is kind and accepting! I am not from UK (Belgium). But rather go that way,we dont have such dreamy places like that here.... did you go during the day or at night? Did you walk from station or took a bus or cab?... can not imagine how you must have felt when they called the police. I kind of want to visit beforehand but cant really afford it Hope you are well x
Look up any drone footage of Beachy Head, that might give you an idea of what to expect.

Yes, the area up on the Downs is beautiful and peaceful. Many people do visit, you get a mixture of people. Hikers, dog walkers, day trippers, they're often the people you see desperate for that edge-of-cliff selfie. A Japanese woman did fall to her death whilst taking a selfie!

As someone else said, between the lighthouses is the guaranteed place. There are no shelves to land on.
Right now my trigger is my bedroom window. I was supposed to go to sleep, but figured, why not. I sat up in my bed and stared at the window. I contemplated doing it, in a way of "this is it. I can finally be at peace" however I dont think 5 stories high is enough to do anything. So alas, another day...
You might end up with life-changing injuries which would make your life even harder and more challenging than it is now.
The fact that you did all of those things above - take a taxi, sat in the pub drinking alone - would have immediately marked you out to them all. Chaplains, etc.

No doubt before you even got to the pub, the taxi company would have alerted them. I think they have some kind of code to highlight a possible suicide.
Were you sectioned and if so, how does one release oneself from being sectioned?

What were the Chaplains like? In my experience of Church of England people, they come across as being very judgey and sanctimonious.
No sorry it's always been Catch The Bus. but if I was going to jump of Beachy Hrad I would shout out I'm catching my breath lol

I doubt you would be able to get the words out in time.

Last edited:
G

Gladtogo

Jun 6, 2020
There's definitely something about beachy head that draws people in. Something about the beauty and the hope of peace.

That being said I only really heard about the place through a friend who donates to the chaplains after her friend jumped there. But not the usual place, he landed in a retail carpark apparently, successful, but maybe i'm wrong about the beauty thing...