C

chenn_uk

chenn_uk
Feb 15, 2020
Im new to this forum, i'm very thankful for it, it has helped me a lot. I live in England and i have many dreams of jumping off beachy head. Literally taking a running jump and jumping the fuck off. I know once your off the cliff you have had it, but there is something about the cliffs and see down below that make me want to do it. My question is, is it easily accessible to just jump off, i know many people do each year, is there security there?

• Hugs
Reactions: TheOA, Manicpixiedreamlast, marcusuk63 and 2 others
WEASEL1234

WEASEL1234

By a thread
Jan 28, 2020
Im new to this forum, i'm very thankful for it, it has helped me a lot. I live in England and i have many dreams of jumping off beachy head. Literally taking a running jump and jumping the fuck off. I know once your off the cliff you have had it, but there is something about the cliffs and see down below that make me want to do it. My question is, is it easily accessible to just jump off, i know many people do each year, is there security there?
No security, no fences and a fair few have jumped. You will find do Do Gooders up there though trying to talk you out of it. Samaritans office there. My best friend jumped 4 years ago

Reactions: mattwitt, Jumper Geo, come to dust and 1 other person
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
Yes it's very accessible. I'm choosing that method/place too as I live not far from it. I admit, i've never been to the highest point but I have driven past it and been to the lower point of the cliffs. As far as i'm aware it's open to public - they actually have to keep telling people to move away from the edge and stop posing for photos near the edge so it must be.. I'm sorry you are in such a dark place as well. My heart goes out to all of you in the same situation.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mm80, Jumper Geo and Soul
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
No security, no fences and a fair few have jumped. You will find do Do Gooders up there though trying to talk you out of it. Samaritans office there. My best friend jumped 4 years ago
Also the police will arrive and try to stop you. Its ok if you're literally going to arrive and jump instantly, any hesitation will alert someone and then you will be swamped. It was my dream for a while to go to here and jump.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, WEASEL1234 and autumnal
TCA

TCA

Feb 24, 2020
What about if you drive off it?

• Wow
Reactions: TheOA, mattwitt and Jumper Geo
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
What about if you drive off it?
That's not something I ever thought about, not sure what the terrain is like and how close the road goes/how accessible it is in a car, unless you have something like a 4x4.

TCA

TCA

Feb 24, 2020
That's not something I ever thought about, not sure what the terrain is like and how close the road goes/how accessible it is in a car, unless you have something like a 4x4.

I'm thinking about booking a hotel there soon to check the place out and make a plan. I want to take someone. But won't commit on that trip. I'll return.

Atleast then I'll have nice memories of the place

Reactions: Fullmoonishere
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Beachy head would be an option for me,but I'm concerned that I'm just not brave enough.
There is a chaplaincy team that patrol on fopot and by car 24 hours a day,7 days a week and respond to emergency calls. I would imagine carrying a camera or a dog lead might make you stand out less.

Reactions: Jumper Geo and Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Someone drove a car off the cliff last year. He died; it looked environmentally unfriendly and a costly hassle to clear up, but caring about that aspect of things is sometimes a luxury. 8\

Reactions: Jumper Geo and come to dust
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Such an iconic place, but as others said its monitored 24 hours a day by do gooders

Reactions: Jumper Geo
jimbob1000

jimbob1000

Student
Feb 21, 2020
always wanted to try get to this place to jump, but i live in barnsley south yorkshire, and im too ill to drive this far so im running out of ideas

S

Slow85

Feb 29, 2020
Does anyone know the closest train station to BH? It's my method but I live about 2 hours away but that's good because I don't want to be close to home. I don't want to drive as don't want any hassle for husband not knowing where the car is etc or being able to use it, but I can't seem to work out where the train station is ?

Reactions: Nomolos92 and Jumper Geo
justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
Does anyone know the closest train station to BH? It's my method but I live about 2 hours away but that's good because I don't want to be close to home. I don't want to drive as don't want any hassle for husband not knowing where the car is etc or being able to use it, but I can't seem to work out where the train station is ?
its just to the right of Brighton so a train to there and a taxi maybe ? Im not too sure

Fullmoonishere

Fullmoonishere

Jan 11, 2020
I'd say it's Eastbourne, then you can take a bus.

Last edited:
Reactions: xalltoowell and Slow85
M

mcguim

Jan 12, 2020
Beachy Head is my preferred method, too. I'm planning to CTB there before the end of the year and jumping late at night... mainly in an attempt to avoid those chaplaincy people and give myself enough time to overcome SI. My worst nightmare is not being able to go through with it and being caught

Reactions: LonelySoul
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
I am new too, joined tonight.

Beachy Head is a very beautiful place. A scenic place to take your life, so peaceful up there, even when hordes of tourists there. The Beachy Head Chaplaincy team patrol the cliffs day and night. Even if you are just sitting there by yourself, you will get one of them stroll past and ask if you're alright. I have just replied "oh yeah, I'm okay enjoying the view" kind of answer. I think in future, I will take a sketch pad with me and pretend I am drawing the lighthouse. I have been there when someone jumped and those same Chaplaincy members getting all officious and turning people away from the edge. One of them even joking with my ex-boyfriend and I thought, "you're laughing at someone who has died by suicide and turning the whole thing into a bloody joke" some Christian you are! I am sure they do save many people, but they are labelled as heroes. I do not think of them as heroes, more as people who like to think that they are important. One day will be my turn and I will be buggered if I'm going to have one of those nosey sods asking if I'm alright and telling me that God is with me, blah, blah. Any reservations you might have about going over, get one of them do-gooders by your side and you'll be straight off!

Reactions: Jumper Geo, MsMaudlin, Lost_the_will2_live and 2 others
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
Such an iconic place, but as others said its monitored 24 hours a day by do gooders

But, there are only a handful of them. In the past, they have lacked funding to monitor the cliffs. Apparently if you want to become a Chaplain, you have to be a committed Christian and attend church regularly. My experience of Christians, or those who regularly attend church, they are usually far from christian in their actions. Usually judgemental and the tut, tut brigade. So if I was sitting there contemplating jumping off, or rolling off the cliff, the last thing I would want is one of those people yakking on, playing the hero!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost_the_will2_live, mcguim, Jumper Geo and 2 others
B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
Hey! If you want a little time to think and reflect before you CTB, take a camera- it'll stop the do-gooders asking too many questions. Good luck with whatever you decide

Reactions: Jumper Geo and LonelySoul
LonelySoul

LonelySoul

Mar 13, 2020
always wanted to try get to this place to jump, but i live in barnsley south yorkshire, and im too ill to drive this far so im running out of ideas

Whitby.

Reactions: marcusuk63 and MsMaudlin
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
I'm hoping to(finger crossed ) jump there next month.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I've checked out Beachy head as a possible way to ctb it would be the ultimate rush but I'm scared of heights, although I keep telling myself it's one step over the edge and it's game over. I have read you have to be careful as the mini cab drivers and the pub will report you if you look suspicious.

Check out this CTB training video, lol just imagine it without the parachutes.

Update just watched the next video as well yes I am pooing my pants :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MsMaudlin, jimbob1000, Lost_the_will2_live and 1 other person
jimbob1000

jimbob1000

Student
Feb 21, 2020
I've checked out Beachy head as a possible way to ctb it would be the ultimate rush but I'm scared of heights, although I keep telling myself it's one step over the edge and it's game over. I have read you have to be careful as the mini cab drivers and the pub will report you if you look suspicious.

Check out this CTB training video, lol just imagine it without the parachutes.

Update just watched the next video as well yes I am pooing my pants :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh:

that looks so scarey,:ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh:

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Also the police will arrive and try to stop you. Its ok if you're literally going to arrive and jump instantly, any hesitation will alert someone and then you will be swamped. It was my dream for a while to go to here and jump.
How can they discern a hiker from a jumper?

Reactions: LonelySoul
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
No way could I do that!
Just watching it made me feel ill

Reactions: marcusuk63, Jumper Geo and a.n.kirillov
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020

Yes the nearest train station is Eastbourne and you have to get a cab not sure if a bus goes there.

Manicpixiedreamlast

Manicpixiedreamlast

Mar 10, 2020
Looks like a beautiful place to go a CTB. I may just travel down just to see it.