• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
Be VERY careful about the personal information you post here. We are aware of people registering to attempt to "save" other members, some are even law enforcement. They don't have a problem with registering if they think what they're doing is the "right" thing and they will not hesitate to contact law enforcement if they think you are in danger. Make sure that you put your online privacy first in these situations. I have read numerous threads of people getting visited by police and detectives and that is something that I don't want to h

We have had discussions before on this subject and we now realize that pictures posted on here still have EXIF data attached on here (before we upgraded, they didn't)

Use an EXIF remover if you're posting images of any sort before uploading them. I will be working to find a solution where EXIF data can be stripped from images as they are uploaded if that's possible.

The below section from our rules outlines what you can do to help protect your privacy to the greatest extent possible:

My privacy is essential to me. Do you have any tips for me?
  • Don't post personal information (name, address, phone, email, pictures, etc).
  • Use a unique username for every website you use.
  • Use a proxy/VPN once you are registered.
  • Tweak your preferences and privacy options to your liking here.
  • Use a secure or disposable email provider.
Privacy is very important to me. More tips?
  • Learn the difference between being careful and being paranoid.
  • Avoid social media and delete your profiles.
  • Search yourself or reverse search your pictures and delete everything that comes up.
  • Don't use Google (DuckDuckGo and Startpage are good alternatives).
  • Change your DNS to a privacy-first DNSs. Cloudflare is a fast and decent alternative.
  • Use Firefox, Waterfox, Brave, or Opera. Never Chrome.
  • Set your browser to delete browsing data on close or use Tor.
  • Learn how to make a good password and never use the same password twice.
  • The websites you registered accounts on five years ago and don't use anymore? Log in and delete them.
  • Don't put your name in your email (e.g., [email protected]).
  • Avoid using Windows if possible, especially Windows 10 - it's a privacy nightmare. We know this is hard to avoid.
  • Malwarebytes is a decent antivirus, run it manually every week or two (you have to pay for automatic checks).
  • Learn how to manage your firewall in the OS of your choice.
  • Learn about EXIF in pictures, how they store identifiable information, and learn how to erase it.

Last edited by a moderator:
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I am pleased you posted this.

I'm not a computer expert and have never claimed to be, but I'll admit that I didn't know about some of the things you posted.

Tor isn't mentioned. Is it ok to use that instead of a VPN?

Also you mentioned about not putting names in email addresses. Is the email address we used to register on this site somehow accessible to the people you're talking about?

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
What a joke society is... You've got reckless 'gangsters' and extremists possessing grenades where people uninvolved in their causes/ideologies get caught in the crossfire more so than the members of these groups, and they're raiding people here for wanting to die.
Nice spend of taxpayers money.
Maybe first and foremost focus on keeping the people WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR SICK AND EVIL PATHETIC GAME OF Suffering first.
Nice one police reading this...

Most society hate you because the elite give you bad rep by causing your priorities to lie in places like this. I KNOW you're needed and help people but you're victims like us, most humans are victims.
Most police are waking up now to how futile their efforts fighting drug crime is realizng drugs being illegal causes most social violence.
You burn the likes of me at the steak with a smile because deep down you know we're right and you hate it therefore hate me.

Hate me all you like for having a dig but realise you're the unwitting footsoldiers of networks of evil cabals causing us all to suffer. It breaks my heart 50% of you would risk your life for others in situations orchestrated by that cabal who also waste your time getting people here.

Just commenting here on this point a couple times lately has me thinking they'll target me. The last time one officer called me a loser and 'gimpy looking prick and started twisting my ear and all mad stuff' before his colleague intervened. And just so happens both of them never had body cam footage that day. Some are straight up sadistic Bullies in uniform. I realize though there's good and bad everywhere.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Good points made Marquis, and thanks. Your points about posted photos are things many do not consider, but should. Luckily under the current times I would wager that this day of COVID-19 that law enforcement is less likely to embark on tracking down any members here, but all in all these security measures are important to implement ad standard.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Be VERY careful about the personal information you post here. We are aware of people registering to attempt to "save" other members, some are even law enforcement. They don't have a problem with registering if they think what they're doing is the "right" thing and they will not hesitate to contact law enforcement if they think you are in danger. Make sure that you put your online privacy first in these situations. I have read numerous threads of people getting visited by police and detectives and that is something that I don't want to h

We have had discussions before on this subject and we now realize that pictures posted on here still have EXIF data attached on here (before we upgraded, they didn't)

Use an EXIF remover if you're posting images of any sort before uploading them. I will be working to find a solution where EXIF data can be stripped from images as they are uploaded if that's possible.

The below section from our rules outlines what you can do to help protect your privacy to the greatest extent possible:

My privacy is essential to me. Do you have any tips for me?
  • Don't post personal information (name, address, phone, email, pictures, etc).
  • Use a unique username for every website you use.
  • Use a proxy/VPN once you are registered.
  • Tweak your preferences and privacy options to your liking here.
  • Use a secure or disposable email provider.
Privacy is very important to me. More tips?
  • Learn the difference between being careful and being paranoid.
  • Avoid social media and delete your profiles.
  • Search yourself or reverse search your pictures and delete everything that comes up.
  • Don't use Google (DuckDuckGo and Startpage are good alternatives).
  • Change your DNS to a privacy-first DNSs. Cloudflare is a fast and decent alternative.
  • Use Firefox, Waterfox, Brave, or Opera. Never Chrome.
  • Set your browser to delete browsing data on close or use Tor.
  • Learn how to make a good password and never use the same password twice.
  • The websites you registered accounts on five years ago and don't use anymore? Log in and delete them.
  • Don't put your name in your email (e.g., [email protected]).
  • Avoid using Windows if possible, especially Windows 10 - it's a privacy nightmare. We know this is hard to avoid.
  • Malwarebytes is a decent antivirus, run it manually every week or two (you have to pay for automatic checks).
  • Learn how to manage your firewall in the OS of your choice.
  • Learn about EXIF in pictures, how they store identifiable information, and learn how to erase it.
why should you never use chrome even with duck duck go?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
And just so happens both of them never had body cam footage that day. Some are straight up sadistic Bullies in uniform. I realize though there's good and bad everywhere.
You should record them. Depending on where you live (and where you are at the time) there's no laws against it, in fact there's even rules protecting your right to video and photograph.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Well said Marquis and this is really important for everyone here.

As for pictures, if they aren't taken from a camera, but say, like a photo from the Internet would EXIF data still be present or would it not be there?
Or photos taken from the internet and are edited on phone or computer (cropping brightness, color etc) will EXIF data be there since the users divice altered the internet photo?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Well said Marquis and this is really important for everyone here.

As for pictures, if they aren't taken from a camera, but say, like a photo from the Internet would EXIF data still be present or would it not be there?
Potentially yes, every photo is unique so you'd have to go on a case by case with this question.

Exif data or "small data" often includes alot of various information, GPS coordinates are just one facet of it and they can often times be switched off with ease. Most of the exif data relates to the software or technology used for the image. It'll also embed extra information if you run it through 3rd party apps like photo editors.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Potentially yes, every photo is unique so you'd have to go on a case by case with this question.

Exif data or "small data" often includes alot of various information, GPS coordinates are just one facet of it and they can often times be switched off with ease. Most of the exif data relates to the software or technology used for the image. It'll also embed extra information if you run it through 3rd party apps like photo editors.
Oh my gosh that's terrifying. If I take a pic off the internet and edit it (cropping, color change) will it now show identifying EXIF data? Like phone/computer model (I ALWAYS keep location off and use vpn or tor). From simply editing a internet photo there could be info that is personal? Thanks for help

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Oh my gosh that's terrifying. If I take a pic off the internet and edit it (cropping, color change) will it now show identifying EXIF data? Like phone/computer model (I ALWAYS keep location off and use vpn or tor). From simply editing a internet photo there could be info that is personal? Thanks for help
More than likely you'll be okay in that scenario. It would only store software version information of the 3rd party app. They mostly do that for copyright purposes and to easily see if a photo has been altered.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
You should record them. Depending on where you live (and where you are at the time) there's no laws against it, in fact there's even rules protecting your right to video and photograph.
Thing is you don't expect to be treated like that until it happens to you it makes you feel like having hidden cameras everywhere. This is what annoyed me too is they obviously knew I am a timid person who didn't expect a visit off them again since my homeless days 5 years ago. If I was some chav spitting in their faces they'd be shining their shoes. Societies dead there's no such thing as fairness liberty justice. Laws, prisons and psychiatric units are for the poor. Whilst the rich rape and pillage us whenever they want. We dare even mention this life is unfair and "I'll show you unfair" *framed for crime life sentence* so many people are framed with the crimes of the elite its unbelievable and the police are working class enforcing their own slavery. We exist in hell.

Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
It was forgotten to mention that you should avoid to click on any external links preferably, even more so shortened URL ones but not only since extended URLs can include transparent redirections you won't be aware of in advance.
Why ? Because any URL you visit can grab your IP address with special tools... it is dead easy
Solution : when you see a link, take note of the site hints and research / load it via Tor + DuckDuckGo instead

Same for images, avoid to click on them to enlarge them like thumbnails but really any cause hard to assess. These could contain IP sniffers inside. Due to the XenForo template specifications, sometimes you won't be able to make the difference when an embedded image is hosted by the internal hosting service or an external one which contains a trap

Also if you spill your presence out of here, pay attention to the external apps used like messenger ones, and their privacy settings. For instance, Telegram reveals your phone number to all contacts by default, until you tweak the options

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
In other words: use common sense. I have many friends from this forum that are real struggling people. And I successfully met up with a member from this forum in the past - and it was one of the greatest social experiences I ever had due to our shared background and experiences. It was the first time in my life when I could actually open up and talk with someone about suicide without any filters and it was a great relief. That happened back in 2019. It's all a question of authenticity in my opinion. I talked to this person a lot before we met up and it was kinda obvious that this wasn't a pro-life catfish, it just seemed sincere. We also met in the public, in a city - less risk for everyone involved. Very important: don't give your address to complete strangers in this forum. Also, and I can't stress this enough, this whole thread here is also the reason why you should never ever ever ever ever buy/sell any methods in the forum from other members. You literally invite law enforcement or any other unwelcome intruders to get to you by doing that.

Last edited:
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Marquis - what a wise person.

Agree.
Ps what a pretty avatar! Where do you find such image?
I'm aware of meta-data in pics, but TBH I've been lazy in the past.
EXIF remover is a useful tip, thank you.
I always download my software from a tried, tested and trusted source, like Major Geeks.

Hi Underscore please tell more. Major geeks sounds right up my street.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Agree.
Ps what a pretty avatar! Where do you find such image?

Hi Underscore please tell more. Major geeks sounds right up my street.
I've trusted the advice and downloads from here since Windows 98. It's my go to source for software. When anyone links software I've never heard of, I search for it here instead of the given link.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Apr 26, 2020
More than likely you'll be okay in that scenario. It would only store software version information of the 3rd party app. They mostly do that for copyright purposes and to easily see if a photo has been altered.

Thanks for that dude. You're knowledgeable about this stuff. You teach me some safety tip right there. Cheers!

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Apr 26, 2020
I've trusted the advice and downloads from here since Windows 98. It's my go to source for software. When anyone links software I've never heard of, I search for it here instead of the given link.

Thank you! I use a privacy browser with adblock. Zigzag icon. By Nik Verezin. Seems pretty good, a d i use similar actions as you described.

Not sure how others rate the browser i use but I've not used safari or google willingly for years. The odd idd trap happens though and I clear website data afterwards.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Thank you! I use a privacy browser with adblock. Zigzag icon. By Nik Verezin. Seems pretty good, a d i use similar actions as you described.

Not sure how others rate the browser i use but I've not used safari or google willingly for years. The odd idd trap happens though and I clear website data afterwards.
I use all sorts of browsers for different things, as no one browser seems capable enough for me. For example, I like Firefox on PC but the mobile browser is shit. I use Epic on mobile because the browser proxy hasn't been blocked by certain websites yet, but I still use Opera on PC for some stuff because Epic is a bit lacking in features. I use Raindrop.io to save bookmarks between browsers. It's all very piecemeal but then there is no one size fits all.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Apr 26, 2020
I use all sorts of browsers for different things, as no one browser seems capable enough for me. For example, I like Firefox on PC but the mobile browser is shit. I use Epic on mobile because the browser proxy hasn't been blocked by certain websites yet, but I still use Opera on PC for some stuff because Epic is a bit lacking in features. I use Raindrop.io to save bookmarks between browsers. It's all very piecemeal but then there is no one size fits all.

I was just reading reviews on firefox mobile app, and from the views online generally, I would agree. I use it on my laptop with ad blockers,
I also ghostery browser,
Firefox with privacy badger.. you can never be too careful. I'll check my email etc for any leaks soon.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I think it's good to be aware of privacy issues. It's good to know the technology. However, I think all this talk may make some people paranoid.

So yes, use your common sense, don't give out personal information, but consider the following: If the police come knocking at your door, you have two options:

Option #1 - deny deny deny and stay calm and they will see that your're of sound mind and not an imminent risk.

Or...

Option #2 - If the officer is carrying a gun, politely ask them if you can borrow it for a few minutes. "I promise officer, I'll return it."

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I will be working to find a solution where EXIF data can be stripped from images as they are uploaded if that's possible.
That would be excellent. Even better if it was retro-active. Not sure if that's doable though.

Reactions: Marchioness
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Heya Marquis,

I have been lurking for a couple of years and today is my first time posting here.

I saw something of concern to me - there is a thread that asks for people to post images of their pets.

I realize that I am new here and understand if you take what I write here with a grain of salt. In addition, I could have used the report feature to alert the mods to this; however, as I have not reported anything yet - I was concerned that I would not be able to add why I reported the thread.

That being said, this thread is of concern to me because of reverse image search tools. Facial (or better yet "image" recognition) is a powerful tool and has the potential to compromise anonymity here. I am also concerned that the digital information embedded in these pictures may not have been deleted (despite the warning post about this).

I am amazed at the level of intelligence I read here - truly amazed. That being said, I think some may not understand the power of image recognition and am concerned about them.

Many thanks for reading :)

Ooopsss and ACK - on edit. I am so sorry, this was supposed to be a PM. Please understand, I am not accusing anyone of anything - just concerned that some may not understand the potential pitfalls in posting these images. I would love to post pics of my fur counselors here - however, I won't because of the risk to my anonymity.

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Can we have the option to edit old posts? Just thinking it's good to know to take these precautions hereon, but our post history can still be accessed by other members, as well as EXIF data tied to those posts.
I'm also wondering what the point of having a private profile is when anyone can search up someone's whole post history by username either way. I've been harassed twice because of this loophole.