• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tried-tireD

Dec 19, 2022
So I plan to CTB next week and I'm getting pretty nervous about it, which is natural. But I'm extra worried now about what if I fail. I know I'll most definitely be institutionalised in some way when I'm found which is probably a fate worse than death so I absolutely can't fail. I've just tried to not think about that possibility till now.

My setup is a 9mm thick polyethylene (I think) rope in a slipknot tied to a shower head. I've tested it out by pushing my hand through the noose and I can also hang or even swing a little on the rope so I do have some confidence that it will work.

But I tend to overthink a lot and so I want to circumvent a possible failure by maybe slitting my throat with a scalpel but that is WAY too scary for me. Is there maybe anything I can do in the case of a failure or is there anything I can do to improve my setup?

Reactions: firesteak and yyytry
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022
Best bet is to research on others failed attempts and How-To's. First things that come to mind are Intervention (someone finding you), Fixture Failure (The rope itself or the point your attached to) seem to be the most common. Remember not only the rope but your fixed end will also be stressed much more than you think especially with a full suspension. Depending on things like body weight, height drop, length of rope all come into play to determine if everything will hold. Seems like a shower head may be the weak link in the chain or even the rope slipping off 9mm isnt the thickest

• Love
Reactions: firesteak, Tried-tireD and yyytry
Upvote 0
Y

yyytry

:(
Sep 8, 2022
So I plan to CTB next week and I'm getting pretty nervous about it, which is natural. But I'm extra worried now about what if I fail. I know I'll most definitely be institutionalised in some way when I'm found which is probably a fate worse than death so I absolutely can't fail. I've just tried to not think about that possibility till now.

My setup is a 9mm thick polyethylene (I think) rope in a slipknot tied to a shower head. I've tested it out by pushing my hand through the noose and I can also hang or even swing a little on the rope so I do have some confidence that it will work.

But I tend to overthink a lot and so I want to circumvent a possible failure by maybe slitting my throat with a scalpel but that is WAY too scary for me. Is there maybe anything I can do in the case of a failure or is there anything I can do to improve my setup?
One thing I read was to use a rope that doesn't have any stretch in it. I'm not sure with the type you're using.
I chose a hemp based rope. It's on the thinner side too… maybe 5/8" thick.
I have one end secured on a climbing grade carabiner, that will clip onto eyelet bolts that have been driven through a ceiling beam.

• Love
Reactions: AreWeWinning, firesteak and Tried-tireD
Upvote 0
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Apparently after you go unconscious the body thrashes around, which will put a lot of stress on the suspension point. Unless the shower head is very firmly fixed, I'd be concerned it would break. Personally, I'm going to look for a good tree that is in a forest and not easily visible.

• Love
Reactions: AreWeWinning, firesteak and Tried-tireD
Upvote 0
T

Tried-tireD

Dec 19, 2022
Best bet is to research on others failed attempts and How-To's. First things that come to mind are Intervention (someone finding you), Fixture Failure (The rope itself or the point your attached to) seem to be the most common. Remember not only the rope but your fixed end will also be stressed much more than you think especially with a full suspension. Depending on things like body weight, height drop, length of rope all come into play to determine if everything will hold. Seems like a shower head may be the weak link in the chain or even the rope slipping off 9mm isnt the thickest
In terms of intervention, if things go as planned, at worst I have 3 hours before I'm found. I plan to go between 12 and 1 am when everyone's asleep. So then hopefully like 5-6 hours before I'm found and true, I'm looking for an alternative to the shower head.

One thing I read was to use a rope that doesn't have any stretch in it.
My rope doesn't stretch so I'm good in that department, thanks
Apparently after you go unconscious the body thrashes around, which will put a lot of stress on the suspension point. Unless the shower head is very firmly fixed, I'd be concerned it would break. Personally, I'm going to look for a good tree that is in a forest and not easily visible.
I'm researching currently and I'm trying to find out how long the body does thrash around. I tried to simulate thrashing and nothing happened but its obviously not the best simulation. Do you perhaps know severe this thrashing is? And I've found a tree in my yard that I could potentially use

Reactions: firesteak and yyytry
Upvote 0
Y

yyytry

:(
Sep 8, 2022
In terms of intervention, if things go as planned, at worst I have 3 hours before I'm found. I plan to go between 12 and 1 am when everyone's asleep. So then hopefully like 5-6 hours before I'm found and true, I'm looking for an alternative to the shower head.

I'm researching currently and I'm trying to find out how long the body does thrash around. I tried to simulate thrashing and nothing happened but its obviously not the best simulation. Do you perhaps know severe this thrashing is? And I've found a tree in my yard that I could potentially use
I've watched a few videos of people who have recorded their hangings… I didn't dig too deeply here because they tend to be on gore sites.
Perhaps this will give a sense of how long the body convulses. Seems like only a few moments/seconds.

Reactions: Destiny Calls Me, firesteak and Tried-tireD
Upvote 0
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've worried about failure with this method as well. As a backup I have a large zip/cable tie. If I ever get the courage I'll tie it as tight as possible with pliers below my adams apple then hang.

Reactions: firesteak and Tried-tireD
Upvote 0
T

Tried-tireD

Dec 19, 2022
I've watched a few videos of people who have recorded their hangings… I didn't dig too deeply here because they tend to be on gore sites.
Perhaps this will give a sense of how long the body convulses. Seems like only a few moments/seconds.
Would you mind if I pm you?

Reactions: firesteak
Upvote 0
firesteak

firesteak

Some goodbyes set you free
Dec 31, 2022
I have installed many bathrooms. The shower head is a recipe for failure especially if its a newer home.

Reactions: AreWeWinning and Destiny Calls Me
Upvote 0
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

Its really hard to say exactly what your body will do. Ive seen some where a person tenses up and barely flinches, others have violently thrown themself around. Id say the maximum it would last around 15-30 secs, the body tends to give up fairly quickly as the seconds pass. Almost every videos Ive seen of someone hanging doesnt last more than a minute.

Another thing is if someone is at your house they could potentially wake up from hearing banging/knocking. Maybe someone just had to have a midnight pee or poop. If possible, find some hidden places nearby or scope somewhere out that you'd be able to get to relatively unnoticed. This seems to be a high probability you need to address to minimize failure

Reactions: Tried-tireD and firesteak
Upvote 0
A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
As others have already pointed out, I would be very wary of doing it in a home where other people are asleep. You may need to live the rest of your life brain damaged if someone is disturbed by the noise and finds you in 10-20 minutes.

I'm not sure about the shower head either.

If you insist on doing it inside, why not book a hotel or airbnb?

Reactions: Tried-tireD, lionetta12, firesteak and 1 other person
Upvote 0