• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

ReluctantSeeker

Mar 5, 2021
Hello everyone.

All rule changes that have been implemented since December regarding the content that's allowed on this plattform have been reverted. That means as of today we're back to normal. The Suicide Questions subforum and the archive have been merged into one section again. The previously announced restrictions don't apply anymore, that thread has been locked. I think it's the right time to undo these changes and as I've said in my previous announcement, they've been temporary to begin with.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
This is very much appreciated, RainAndSadness. On that note (and forgive my crappy memory), is it allowed to ask if the site owners support donations to help keep the site up? I think this site does an enormous amount of good and would like it to stay around.
I've been thinking in that direction, too.
That's good news! Though how will we deal with the outsiders like FT26/Stop SS and NYT? Or will we just keep doing our own thing, regardless of what they think about us?

Or do they have no power over us?

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
This is very much appreciated, RainAndSadness. On that note (and forgive my crappy memory), is it allowed to ask if the site owners support donations to help keep the site up? I think this site does an enormous amount of good and would like it to stay around.
I've been thinking in that direction, too.
yes you can donate bitcoin

Screenshot 20220119 095857 Chrome

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Fuck yes, I wish nothing but misery to the sick pro-lifers who wants to force people to stay alive, I know they mean well but the consequences of what they believe in results in a needless suffering and torment by millions of people, it's a war and I don't wanna understand them, they are my enemy.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That's good news! Though how will we deal with the outsiders like FT26/Stop SS and NYT? Or will we just keep doing our own thing, regardless of what they think about us?

Or do they have no power over us?

We can't control what they think about us and they obviously don't care about our actual position on this matter. They made that very clear in that NYT article, so all that's left to do is accept the current situation and move forward. We're experiencing the same treatment as many other civil right movements in the past. And altough we're not really a movement, many of us in this community challenge the status quo - especially when it comes to mental health, how it's perceived in society and the right to die - which is a human right. And there is a long history of the media attacking and smearing people that did this in the past. For example, just a few months ago, the BBC released an article declaring trans people predatory and relied completely on voices that oppose trans-rights to back up their terrible narrative. It's an interesting incident because it mirrors the NYT situation in very important aspect. They didn't interview one single trans woman for that article, it was a one-sided terrible hit piece pushing a very obvious narrative - in simple terms, they portrayed trans people as a threat because they don't like that we exist. And that's exactly what has happened in the NYT article describing the forum as well. They let other people, outsiders, that oppose us purely for ideological reasons redefine us and our intentions and the journalists run with it without questioning the given narrative or doing their own research. And suddenly a community of struggling people discussing deeply personal matters has been constructed as dangerous and sinister. It's absurd but that's 1:1 what the BBC did with their smear piece on trans women a few months ago as well. I see so many similiarities about the way they talked about us, that's why I'm drawing the parallels. It's a common strategy. The BBC is a huge news outlet, they have a responsibility. And just like the NYT, they failed to act accordingly and it has no consequences for them. So in a sense I'm used to the bad faith treatment of the media but I also have a personal interest in criticising them. Minorities and marginalised groups standing up for their rights and advocating for change have always faced an uphill battle in the history of civil rights and social acceptance of their ideas. And suicidal people surely are marginalised, there is no question about that - our voices has been erased for centuries. We're not allowed to exist and it's totally fine to neglect or even violate our humans rights systemically. This is completely normal. People that oppose the philosophy behind this forum know they can't really win on the merits of this issue so they engage in these logical fallacies and make it about vulnerable people and minors instead, these talking points are ovious distractions considering this forum is about consenting and autonomous adults. It's a common strategy of the social-conservative playbook because it gurantees social outrage and that was the goal of said article. It's certainly important to deconstruct these articles that run a dishonest campaign against the forum but at a certain point it becomes a waste of time and energy. So I'd say we just move on. The article obviously didn't score anything.

Glad everything is back like it was :D. I hope everything is doing okay for you Rain, it seems like all the pro-lifers are attacking you specifically. So many people find comfort on here all thanks to you and the team.

Cheers for Pro-choice!

I'm aware. They've already picked me as their next target. I' will not let them harass or threaten us into submission, that's for sure. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
We will prevail somehow or at least i hope we will but you can never be to sure about such things. They are just playing mind games on media and people are being fooled easily or at least playing the part i guess.. which reminds me i had a dream some days ago and those hoomans were in my dream and got complete strangers to type my real name and completely had me scared ,like on Twitter n stuff

Sacred Rest

Sacred Rest

Ill
Mar 30, 2021
Great news. I was thinking of recommending something like changing the site name to Sanctioned Death instead of Suicide, in order to attract less attention from the media, as well as only allowing method discussions for members of the site. Perhaps, more can be done in general to keep this place away from today's mass media dishonesty. Any other ideas on keeping this place confidential would be welcome.
Oh, and it would be nice to allows us to edit and delete some posts from further back in time. Sometimes, people accidentally reveal information that could get them doxed or harassed, and if they don't delete it right away, then there isn't a real option for doing this in the far future, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Koppite

Koppite

Aug 6, 2021
The Internet is functionally limitless and yet they couldn't let us have just this one single site in a sea of infinity.
What wretched, sanctimonious, awful, mean-spirited, narcissistic little people they are.
And thank you, @RainAndSadness for keeping it going.

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
We can't control what they think about us and they obviously don't care about our actual position on this matter.
Thanks for this VERY insightful reply. You are years ahead of your time. Your analogies are spot on with respect to the BBC article.
Also, thank you for stepping in on behalf of SS. I feel we are in very good hands. :happy:

xxsweetopheliaxx

xxsweetopheliaxx

Nov 25, 2019
Hello everyone.

All rule changes that have been implemented since December regarding the content that's allowed on this plattform have been reverted. That means as of today we're back to normal. The Suicide Questions subforum and the archive have been merged into one section again. The previously announced restrictions don't apply anymore, that thread has been locked. I think it's the right time to undo these changes and as I've said in my previous announcement, they've been temporary to begin with.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
Thank you ❤❤❤