GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Hey. Well, this is embarrassing but oh well...There is this girl... She's amazing and I have the biggest crush on her. Her birthday is tomorrow and she invited me to the party. And I really want to see her but I feel so painfully self-conscious I want to CTB by hitting my head on the nearest wall until I crack my skull open. I feel like everything I do and say is stupid and/or crazy and I will embarrass myself in front of her and everyone else and ruin her party. I was already fairly anxious all week, but today my roommate made a comment about me not being able to conceal the fact I'm mental no matter how hard I try and it certainly didn't help, I'm heading for a mental breakdown now. I don't know what to do. I tried to cope out of coming but it seems like she really wants me to come. I'm dying inside somebody please tell me what to do, I need a hug. Yeah, I know, I'm nearly 30 and I have 13-year-old's problems.
Just for context, there isn't any chance for two-sided romance there whatsover. I'm a girl too, she's straight and she invited a guy she likes that she is sort of in a process of getting together with. Literally everyone else she invited are straight couples in long term relationships, so I'm the unique third wheel to everyone else. I haven't been to a party since 2017. No one ever invites me anywhere these days, so this is a unique oportunity. Can somebody tell me what can I do to avoid fudging it up really really badly like I always do? (just please don't tell me not to drink, I am a person with severe social anxiety and an alcohol problem, being sober just isn't happening). Thank you for reading this stuff. I know, not real problems but it's driving me crazy, I just need to talk to someone about it and this is the only place I could go to.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Dr Iron Arc, MYStERY_Man and 1 other person
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
She likes you enough as a friend to invite you to her party. Just be the same as always and you'll be fine in her eyes.

Drinking is okay if everyone else is drinking, just make sure to stick to your limits.

You got this!

Reactions: Celerity, lobster salad and Dr Iron Arc