• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I've of course long been upset at the fact that assisted suicide is allowed in some places for terminally ill, but not chronically ill, people. But I was thinking about it again today and it is making me especially mad.

It's just completely illogical.

Terminal illness = you are (hypothetically, though maybe not) in great pain, and are going to die soon, so you can kill yourself. Your pain will end soon naturally; we will help you end it sooner.
Chronic illness: you are in great pain, and are not going to die soon, so you can't kill yourself. Your pain will not end for decades, and we will not help you to end it sooner.

The people who have an end in site are allowed to bring it sooner; the people who do not, have to suffer longer.

I think the pro-life argument is that there is "hope" for the chronic person. Their pain may pass, so they shouldn't be allowed to die.

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY CONDITIONS FOR WHICH THERE IS NO HOPE! We just have to wait around for decades on the vague hope that medicine makes huge advances?

I know this is all obvious, I just wanted to rant.

• Hugs
Reactions: rue, appalachian moon, crimea_river and 1 other person
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I mean honestly if they opened this option up in the USA for citizens.

There is a waiting period, you can change your mind during the waiting period I'd say 90 days, you should have a medical doctor, psychiatrist, and psychologist sign off on it, and that final day they tell you this will end your life are you SURE you want to do this. This seems fair to me.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I mean honestly if they opened this option up in the USA for citizens.

There is a waiting period, you can change your mind during the waiting period I'd say 90 days, you should have a medical doctor, psychiatrist, and psychologist sign off on it, and that final day they tell you this will end your life are you SURE you want to do this. This seems fair to me.
We're so far away from that becoming legal. It sucks.

• Aww..
Reactions: PatKat