• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Somebody here posted a link to a petition about it, I can't remember when. Here's part of an e-mail I got this morning:

Parliament is going to debate the petition you signed – "Legalise assisted dying for terminally ill, mentally competent adults".

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
That is great news. I hope it will be recorded? Although, I don't have high hopes. I will assume the petition gets rejected as it historically has been, because people just don't learn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man
L

lostmyacc

Been on and off here for 2 years. Lost my password
Jun 1, 2022
They have to debate every petition that gets 100 thousand signatures pretty much.
What happens is 10 Mps turnup and they have little show debate and nothing happens.
The British parliament is a rubber stamp parliament, don't hold your breath on anything substantial happening.

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
The conservative party is in charge, I highly doubt this assisted dying thing will go anywhere.

Reactions: come to dust
L

lostmyacc

Been on and off here for 2 years. Lost my password
Jun 1, 2022
The conservative party is in charge, I highly doubt this assisted dying thing will go anywhere.
There is no mass support for this in labour either only fringe support among individuals. There will be no substantial change in least 10 years i feel over this issue. It is not worth thinking about. You need an overtly liberal place like Netherlands to even consider this issue.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I envy those who died in a 20th century purge. They don't know how lucky they had it to be pushed out of this miserable existence into peaceful oblivion.

Reactions: Euthanza
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I hope that they do legalise it. It is so cruel to expect people to die a slow, painful death from a disease. However it should be available to us all, not just the terminally ill. I believe that the right to die should always be respected. No one should have to resort to risky methods to end their suffering.

Reactions: ForeverBlue
F

ForeverBlue

Jun 7, 2022
It would be great if assisted dying become legal for those who wish but they won't because they're a bunch of pricks.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Parliament debated the petition "Legalise assisted dying for terminally ill, mentally competent adults"

Watch the debate:

Read the transcript: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commo...B0B-D148-42C6-8D8B-43AAC29219FB/AssistedDying

Read the research: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn04857/

Some of these takes are absolutely cringeworthy. We need to start looking at suicide as a human rights issue. So many people in this discussion talked about suicide as an involuntary decision that's based on irrational factors and treatable circumstances. But that's an intentional distraction. It's cruel and inhumane to reject the right to die for everyone on principle because you consider it to be the wrong decision for some people. If assisted dying gets implemented in the UK, it would probably come with strict regulation and only be accessable to people with severe conditions that evidently decrease the quality of someones life. Why would you have the right to prolong their suffering? Why do you have the right to say "hey, we need to look at the bright side of life"? Why do you have the right to violate somebodys individual autonomy and their claim to dignity. It's disrespectful to force somebody to continue their life when they don't consent to that, when they consider their life unworthy of experience due to a variety of factors and when they express a clear and coherent wish to end it.

And honestly, to all people in this discussion that used religion to justify their bullshit: grow up.