sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Does anyone here have ASPD (antisocial personality disorder)? What is it like for you?

Reactions: BurgundySnap
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
Hello ifeelthelight,

I have ASPD. It is pretty normal for me, and a bit puzzling at times.
I suppose I don't quite understand why people feel certain emotions in response to some events (like what makes people feel sad for others they do not personally know, why some people become happily emotional for small things, etc.), and just how to behave in some circumstances.

In the past, I never cared much for what people thought. I wasn't evil or something, per se. I think only rude. Insults and bad words don't make me upset, I think they were fun little jokes of strangers online. Things and people would become boring after a while, and apparently it is impulsivity. Then I made friends who explained the mechanics of why people feel sad and happy, essentially "deconstructing" the emotions for me so I could understand them better.

Truthfully, when I upset someone, I don't know how to react most times and have to look back at what words were said, to understand what I did before apologising.
I hope this answers your question, ifeelthelight.

Take care

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Hello ifeelthelight,

I have ASPD. It is pretty normal for me, and a bit puzzling at times.
I suppose I don't quite understand why people feel certain emotions in response to some events (like what makes people feel sad for others they do not personally know, why some people become happily emotional for small things, etc.), and just how to behave in some circumstances.

In the past, I never cared much for what people thought. I wasn't evil or something, per se. I think only rude. Insults and bad words don't make me upset, I think they were fun little jokes of strangers online. Things and people would become boring after a while, and apparently it is impulsivity. Then I made friends who explained the mechanics of why people feel sad and happy, essentially "deconstructing" the emotions for me so I could understand them better.

Truthfully, when I upset someone, I don't know how to react most times and have to look back at what words were said, to understand what I did before apologising.
I hope this answers your question, ifeelthelight.

Take care
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm kind of the same way, but for a different reason.

Do you understand social interaction instinctively and how to talk to/interact with others? Are you able to have a job/career and function in society?

Reactions: BurgundySnap
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm kind of the same way, but for a different reason.

Do you understand social interaction instinctively and how to talk to/interact with others? Are you able to have a job/career and function in society?
Thank you for acknowledging this response!

I would say I do understand that. I know the basics of how to have a proper conversation, and how social interaction goes. Due to a physical sickness, I cannot have a job at the moment, but when I did, it was very nice and enjoyable. It is also, in my opinion, very easy to function in society!
However, I do understand that experiences differ in people, so I don't mean to speak for everyone with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and LoiteringClouds