• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm not on welfare but my depression has made me quit my job and isolate from the world.
I keep living thanks to my dad who pays the taxes, food, etc and I'm really ashamed of that. I mean, I hate being a NEET but can't get out of this depression zone.

In my opinion, you don't have to feel any shame at all. People on reddit suck and most of them are shut-ins with a keyboard typing bullsh*t !

You're a nice person. Keep up the good work and ignore negative comments.

We're here to support you!

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I remember walking up to the front door of the food kitchen and how terrible and embarrassed I felt, and the little man who saw me coming, smiled at me, opened the door wide for me and held it open and did a bow to me, in the most friendly way. And another younger man actually served me like a waiter, he was there getting food for himself, but saw me apparently looking distressed and seated me and brought me food like I was in a first class restaurant.

It's people like this when you are in such a bad place in life that get you through it without going insane. I will never forget the kindness I received.

Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I'm 24 and have been on benefits for a year, and family support since 18. I am a NEET. I have had many jobs, and attempts at life, but I always quit after seeing how hopeless I am.

If given a choice between being a healthy, functional, and contributing member of society, or a miserable, isolated, and suicidal NEET, I would always choose the former. I am ashamed for being a NEET, but for many reasons, I'm can't see myself in any other situations. CTB will prove that I don't want this.

Last edited:
UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
For me this is the first time look for welfare here where I live.
I've had many good jobs. Computer/server/hardware-related. The last job I had was in a awful
calling center where they exploited young people. No, I didnt get paid either... Was there for 3 months
and one day I was just fed up with their shit and corruption. And just left...
So here I am. Without income, waiting for some kind of welfare.
Truth is I dont feel ashamed. A little perhaps... I have been paying taxes for many years so I think its
my right to get help. Hmmm. My exwife is in the same situtation. But atleast she have some extra
uncomfortable work a few days a week. Shesa cleaner...

Hgfgf

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I am UK, and get help from benefits, I get really embarrassed too, I am self employed but need that top up, as my work isn't taken seriously, despite winning awards, been featured in local papers and on local TV etc, People just don't want to pay me for me work,

So I get top ups to help us through, I get treated like cr*p one example,
Our school, they assume and treat my family like benefit scum, I owed around £100, my only debt I have, they rang my husband yesterday and were really really damned rude, really spoke down to us, and really treated us like shit.
I lost my temper with her when she then called me, (she started going between two phones to harrass us) I Informed her I had a client paying me £100 and I would take it in via cash in an hour. Her attitude changed then, when I went in and literally threw the money at her, she was every so polite,
So yes there is defo a stigma to being on government help, I don't see or understand why, no one knows when anyone's going to land on hard times and need that lift to get back off their feet and help them back out of a hole.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I am UK, and get help from benefits, I get really embarrassed too, I am self employed but need that top up, as my work isn't taken seriously, despite winning awards, been featured in local papers and on local TV etc, People just don't want to pay me for me work,

So I get top ups to help us through, I get treated like cr*p one example,
Our school, they assume and treat my family like benefit scum, I owed around £100, my only debt I have, they rang my husband yesterday and were really really damned rude, really spoke down to us, and really treated us like shit.
I lost my temper with her when she then called me, (she started going between two phones to harrass us) I Informed her I had a client paying me £100 and I would take it in via cash in an hour. Her attitude changed then, when I went in and literally threw the money at her, she was every so polite,
So yes there is defo a stigma to being on government help, I don't see or understand why, no one knows when anyone's going to land on hard times and need that lift to get back off their feet and help them back out of a hole.
What do you do if you don't mind me asking.

I'm self employed too and have a similar problem - people want champagne but to only pay for lemonade.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wouldn't feel ashamed when you need to get benefits to get by. There were times in my life where I got support either from family or some acquaintances when otherwise I would have been homeless without the support. Given how the world is very different nowadays compared to decades ago, more and more people are needing financial and social support to keep going or to make it another day/week/month/year.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
What do you do if you don't mind me asking.

I'm self employed too and have a similar problem - people want champagne but to only pay for lemonade.

Professional Dance Photographer, Happy to PM a link to my website

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Please don't be ashamed, that's why we pay taxes, when I was on medical leave I also received welfare. It wasn't much, but at least I knew the taxes I pay helped me when I needed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide