T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I just got hit with an epiphany /memory of experiences type thing

As a kid there was a few bridges where you would get gangs hanging around drinking, doing drugs, etc
Everyday there was about a 50/50 chance of having to pass these dangerous groups, there had been a couple of local kids raped and you were always hearing of robberies. Bikes etc.
So being forced to go to school and even wanting to see a friend on the opposite side we would pass them I just remembered erd vividly how I would gear myself up take a deep breath then bomb it on my bike thinking that going fast would make me less noticeable or appear tough so these yobs of all ages wouldn't mess with me.

Nowadays that is the equivalent of me needing to pass a pack of hyenas known for torturing and raping people. Which I would be crying for my whisky and diazepam... What a cruel waste and despicable game this is how weak and pathetic it makes us.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered, lanax09, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn, that was certainly dangerous.
I can kinda relate because I used to play on the streets with my friends and we could've been kindapped very easily at anytime.

I used to be such a brave and unconscious bastard!

Reactions: Celerity and TooConscious
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Not me, when I was a kid I couldn't even go up the stairs in the dark because I thought skeletons were going to attack me.

Oh wait, I'm still too afraid to go through stairs or any areas in the dark. I've always been just scared of everything.

I blame the fact that I saw the original It movie on tv when I was 3.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MellowAvenue, TooConscious and Life_and_Death
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
for me the outside was safer then what laid within my own home, outside I could play freely with no fear, outside I could go to the local swimming pool with no concern, the lifegaurds used to me, kept an eye on me, I could run in the fields wild and free
At home, a hand touching skin unkindly at every corner, sexual abuse when ever the lights dimmed, I had no fear of the outside world due to the the inside world being the worst nightmare, I was not brave, I was grateful to live through each day, as an adult i reflect and wish i hadn't

• Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered, MellowAvenue, Journeytoletgo and 2 others